So I'm very interested in buying the Tour, and if it comes out when rumored it will be out in mid-July, which would be a little over a month from my NE2 date. Does anyone know if store reps or phone reps would be able to move the NE2 up a month and let me use my discount when the Tour comes out? I've heard (and been offered by Verizon) to use a yearly upgrade and buy it with the contract pricing, but I'd really like to take advantage of the $100 NE2 discount. Any ideas? Thanks!
    06-22-09 09:47 AM
    No, cant do it. If you are eligible for NE2, is it possible you are eligible for an early upgrade with no NE2 credit? Suck it up if you really want it or wait.
    06-22-09 09:49 AM
    I am eligible for an early upgrade without the NE2 credit, but if that's the case I'm going to wait because it would be worthless to forgo that credit when it's only a month away. I was just curious to see how it worked. Thank you though.
    06-22-09 09:59 AM
    not a problem. Do you know if you are a VIP customer? If so, you can still get a 50 dollar early NE2 credit.
    06-22-09 10:01 AM
    Not a VIP customer that I know of. What does it take to be one?
    06-22-09 10:06 AM
    Eh.. paying your bill on time, having the right plan. That is one of the things i deal with daily but am not 100% clear on it. All i know is if you have the little VIP on your account u get more of a discount when upgrading early and you dont have to pay the 20 dollar proc fee.
    06-22-09 10:15 AM
    VIP Requirements are in the FAQ thread and honestly if you're within 30 days and you have a $100 NE2 discount that means you have a high price plan. As long as you have a good payment history, approach it right, I don't think any CSR would have a problem doing it via the phone. However, you would not be able to get it in the store.
    06-22-09 01:44 PM
    Yeah, I figured it couldn't hurt to give them a call and see if I can get it out of them. I've never had any payment issues and my plan is $79.99 plus additional costs like VVM, insurance, etc. It's a shame they don't give the store reps the power to do this though.

If I try this and they say no... will they note it in my account notes that I tried? So, I couldn't call back the following week and try again?
    06-22-09 04:00 PM
    Yes they will note it. The store reps go through significant audits and them pushing upgrade dates up could lead to fraud or something, ya know? They get paid on commission to do upgrades. CSR's do not.
    06-22-09 04:12 PM
    I understand that it might cause the opportunity to cause fraud, but I can also imagine that it would cause a sort of in-competition between the store reps and the CSRs, when customers say "well the phone reps can do this for me..." and vice versa. But I digress.
    06-22-09 04:26 PM
    well this is an inside source speaking. I am a manager within the company VZW. This is what you do call Customer service tell them that you are having major issues with your phone and you were looking and saw the BB Tour as a device you want. You have no problem signing a new 2 year agreement. Also say that you would like to go into the store directly. If they approve it they wil comment your account and you will be able to get the Tour within the store. This isnt guaranteed but if approved which most Customer service wont mind doing. You just have to say that you considering going to ATT because of the Bold. The customer service rep just has to comment the account perfectly meaning the price they are offering, the phone model. Thats one way or they can directly move your upgrade date. Do not go into the store because we have no power when it comes to upgrade date. We couldnt change that if we wanted to. good luck
    Last edited by blackberrymylife; 06-22-09 at 04:49 PM.
    06-22-09 04:47 PM
    I've always been able to move my NE2 up a few months. I get impatient when it gets close to being able to get a new phone. I just go to the store and ask if I can upgrade and use the credit early. They then call some number and ask them if I can upgrade with my NE2 early. They look at my account and then approve it. I've never had a problem.

I have been with Verizon for 7 years and have never had a late payment, though, so I'm sure that helps.
    06-22-09 07:44 PM
    That's very good to hear... did you have to fight with them or do they usually do it pretty easily?
    06-22-09 09:25 PM
    That's very good to hear... did you have to fight with them or do they usually do it pretty easily?
    No. I've always just said, "I know I'm not officially due for another month or 2, but is there any way I can upgrade a little early?" They always ended up letting me. Maybe being a girl and having a pretty face helps too??? I don't know! I've never argued. I'm very sweet, and too nice, and if someone says "No" i just accept it, and move on. I need to work on that.
    06-22-09 09:53 PM
    usually if you were to call verizon and be polite and tell them the situation etc they will let you do it..

just don't get a attitude keep in mind they have the RIGHT to not let you because thats the contract date...

if you are kind there more likely to try and get it worked out
    06-23-09 01:45 AM
    I'm very sweet, and too nice, and if someone says "No" i just accept it, and move on.
    Okay then, yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:48 AM
    No. I've always just said, "I know I'm not officially due for another month or 2, but is there any way I can upgrade a little early?" They always ended up letting me. Maybe being a girl and having a pretty face helps too??? I don't know! I've never argued. I'm very sweet, and too nice, and if someone says "No" i just accept it, and move on. I need to work on that.
    Oh great, I'm screwed.

usually if you were to call verizon and be polite and tell them the situation etc they will let you do it..

just don't get a attitude keep in mind they have the RIGHT to not let you because thats the contract date...

if you are kind there more likely to try and get it worked out
    I'm never rude to reps - I've been in their shoes and know that even if something goes wrong, usually it's not their fault and they are sincere in trying to help. It's like undertipping the waitress because the cook messed up the food. It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by slinky317; 06-23-09 at 08:38 AM.
    06-23-09 07:29 AM
    It CAN be done, and I had it done for me for the Storm launch. I called VZW support and explained how excited I was for the launch and that I was about a month away from my NE2 (12/18), and asked if there was any way they could get me in to that phone. I was very nice about it and I'm sure the CSR could tell I was genuinely excited. She said no problem, and moved up my NE2 to 11/21 (Storm Launch day).

Give it a shot, be nice, and you MIGHT just get your wish.
    06-23-09 08:04 AM
    Were you able to then go into a store and pick it up, or did did you have to get it sent to you?
    06-23-09 10:31 AM
    I am so jealous. How do you guys do it? I have tried it the last two times and the CS's were adamant they couldn't do anything for me. I have been a friggen awesome customer for over 15 year (when they were Airtouch). Sigh. Good luck.
    06-23-09 06:34 PM
    I am so jealous. How do you guys do it? I have tried it the last two times and the CS's were adamant they couldn't do anything for me. I have been a friggen awesome customer for over 15 year (when they were Airtouch). Sigh. Good luck.
    A month usually isn't hard, but much more than that could get a rep into trouble, if they can do it at all.

Mitigating factors probably include payment history, longevity, how many referrals you've given, etc.

My trick with CS anywhere is if I get a female, I am complimentary & a bit flirtatious, but non-threatening. If I get a VZW male, I make them feel better - we might toss in some sports or car talk. Knowing a bit about the Huskies (WA) or Lobos (NM).

Either way, I ask questions, then listen enthusiastically while they talk. I let them be the hero & solve my issue for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 07:08 PM
    From a rep- 30 days we can do, over that requires approval. This is standard, there are always exceptions, but few and far between
    06-23-09 07:10 PM
    hello! it's my first time here.. i really wanted to get the tour and pre-ordered, but i'm also really close to my ne2 credit which is a month and a week away. i tried calling cs, but they said no can do. i really want this phone, but i also don't want to forfeit the credit... any suggestions/tips/advice welcomed!!
    07-13-09 01:35 PM
    Remember everyone: patience is a virtue. Waiting for your NE2 may be the difference between you getting a phone with bugs or a phone that has had all the bugs fixed. The Tours aren't going to go anywhere, and not having the phone RIGHT when it comes out won't kill you. Remember what happened when the Storm first came out? They were buggy and slow. But those who waited and are getting them now are getting much better devices because bugs were fixed. Plus, you never know... between now and when your NE2 comes out, a NEW Blackberry could always come out. And we all know how it goes when it's just a couple days past your 30 day return policy and a new BB comes out...
    07-14-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD