03-22-09 08:09 AM
38 12
tools
    Basically she is the holder of the acct and her mom and sister are on it.

She wants a White palm treo and a ATT service plan (like I have but i use a bold 9000)

Is there any excuses or reasons she can get the fee waived. I hear its 175$, which is pretty heinous considering the fact that is wireless companies method of retaining their customers.

Thanks Guys!
    03-14-09 11:42 AM
    A) She wants a Treo? I'd have her drug tested.

B) She wants her bill to rise and service area/data speed to go down? I'd have her drug tested.

C) Over the life of her service, is she planning on calling you more than mom & sis? Especially since you choose something like AT&T and have no respect for personal responsibility or agreements? I'd have her drug tested.

D) ETFs are a way all carriers have to help offset phone/service subsidies they give out to give you a nicer device for less money ($500 BlackBerrys free, for example). It is the cost for breaking your word and VZW is on the lower end of the ETF cost spectrum. If you can't see that, I'd have YOU drug tested.

Sorry, but you don't come to a carrier's forum & ask how to screw that carrier. Screwing a carrier makes for higher prices and reduced benefits for loyal customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 03-14-09 at 12:21 PM.
    03-14-09 12:19 PM
    THere is another option. If she wants to leave. have her mom or sis (if over 18) do and assumption of liablity (AOL), This means that they will take over the account. They may need to keep all three lines and ETFS are variable and drop every month to min a of $60.

I do agree with the statement above.
    03-14-09 12:23 PM
    Its more so we can get on one plan.
    Not saying your service sucks. She just likes that phone. She is a chick.

But thanks anyways. I will say she is moving out of the country
    03-14-09 01:07 PM
    To do that, she would need to provide proof of her new residence.

03-14-09 01:51 PM
    Since there are three of them, why do you take the hit and come over to VZW?
    03-14-09 02:32 PM
    Since there are three of them, why do you take the hit and come over to VZW?
    Its looking like only two months 'til Niagara time, too...

I'd still send her for drug testing for even considering a Treo... I don't care if it lights up neon pink & burps when you pat its battery cover.
    03-14-09 02:36 PM

I'd still send her for drug testing for even considering a Treo... I don't care if it lights up neon pink & burps when you pat its battery cover.
    Wife saw in another site the bold is coming to 3 carriers in MAY
    03-14-09 02:44 PM
    Did you see the latest images on the CB front page?

Plus check out those being sold in pre-release on eBay, chronicled in another thread here.
    03-14-09 02:46 PM
    Treo is the worse now an iPhone would be the move on at&t.
    03-14-09 03:16 PM
    True, if she's going to AT&T tell her to get an iPone. Treo's suck.

The only way they will waive the ETF is if she moves out of their coverage area. And it's highly unlikely she is out of their coverage area.
    03-14-09 03:40 PM

You're going to need to show a utility bill/proof of residence.
    03-14-09 06:59 PM

B) She wants her bill to rise and service area/data speed to go down? I'd have her drug tested.

C) Over the life of her service, is she planning on calling you more than mom & sis? Especially since you choose something like AT&T and have no respect for personal responsibility or agreements? I'd have her drug tested.

D) ETFs are a way all carriers have to help offset phone/service subsidies they give out to give you a nicer device for less money ($500 BlackBerrys free, for example). It is the cost for breaking your word and VZW is on the lower end of the ETF cost spectrum. If you can't see that, I'd have YOU drug tested.

Sorry, but you don't come to a carrier's forum & ask how to screw that carrier. Screwing a carrier makes for higher prices and reduced benefits for loyal customers.

Your post are hilarious!!
    03-14-09 07:05 PM
    True, if she's going to AT&T tell her to get an iPone. Treo's suck.

The only way they will waive the ETF is if she moves out of their coverage area. And it's highly unlikely she is out of their coverage area.
    I wouldn't say a Treo sucks; they've just become boring. Overall, I've had very few issues with the any of my Treos (600 up to 755p.)

I don't think removing the antenna was innovative to say the least. Had Palm spruced up their line-up a long time ago, I might have stayed.
    03-14-09 07:09 PM
    Your post are hilarious!!
    I second that. Too funny.
    03-14-09 07:09 PM
    Thanks - I tend to be so harsh sometimes, if I didn't try to balance it out, I'd fall over - eventually on my sword.

03-14-09 07:49 PM
    the only way out of etfs that i know of are:

1) deploying- however, i think there is a way to just suspend your service. i had tmobile for a while and i know they suspend an account for military service.

2) moving to an area with no coverage.

3) a major change in the service agreement on verizon's part.
    03-17-09 11:57 PM
    LMAO.. agreed.
    03-18-09 07:03 AM

Hmmm, in the same respect, I know guys that have left a carrier to pick up a particular non-BB crap phone (and no, I'm not saying BB is the ONLY phone out there, but there aren't many other's I'd switch carriers for), so it can't be because "she's a chick." ****, I switched to AT&T for the Bold, paid the ETF and everything. What does that say about me? Being as I'm a "chick" and all.
    03-18-09 11:20 AM
    What does that say about me? Being as I'm a "chick" and all.
    Cluck cluck?

03-18-09 12:16 PM
    love the respones, and still dont understand why someone would want to leave something that works so well like the verizon network. I love having 3g in the office and none of my co workers iphones having 3g
    03-18-09 04:25 PM
    Especially for the Bold.. when VzW is coming out with the Niagra in a few months.
    03-18-09 04:26 PM
    love the respones, and still dont understand why someone would want to leave something that works so well like the verizon network. I love having 3g in the office and none of my co workers iphones having 3g
    Yea, it's must be awesome having all those people following you around. To just think- pay for no privacy and all services! Yea, I can see running to that!
    03-18-09 05:50 PM
    Hmmm, in the same respect, I know guys that have left a carrier to pick up a particular non-BB crap phone (and no, I'm not saying BB is the ONLY phone out there, but there aren't many other's I'd switch carriers for), so it can't be because "she's a chick." ****, I switched to AT&T for the Bold, paid the ETF and everything. What does that say about me? Being as I'm a "chick" and all.
    Actually, not much. Was it supposed to say something phenomenal? You're a female that wanted the Bold which only AT&T has. Maybe I missed something in your post.
    03-18-09 05:52 PM
    I just don't get it, why try to "get out of it" people ask me ALL the time how to get out of it without an ETF and I just say "sir, you signed a contract KNOWING there would be an ETF" and they always get upset. I guess being on the other end of the phone and being a tech rep for Verizon it just makes me shake my head and wonder. I have paid MANY etf's in my time, and never have complained, or tried to get out of it, cause I knew FROM DAY ONE that I was going to have to if I cancelled.

/shrug
    03-20-09 02:46 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD