Background:

Family had a Premium Family Share calling plan up until the 25th of July, when I upgraded to a BB with the data package. Our family decided that since I no longer needed the VCast VPak and had the BB data plan, we'd switch out from the Premium to the Select plan starting the 25th.

What gets me is that on the most recent bill, my line is getting charged as "Pay As You Use" data for mobile web usage from the start of pay period to the 25th. This doesn't make sense to me as during that time, the Premium plan covered my data usage.

Now all of a sudden, we switch to the Select plan and now I'm being charged for that data I used during a period where it was unlimited?

Please help me out and let me know if I'm in the right or wrong, and what steps I should do to correct this problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by sawedust; 08-14-09 at 05:13 AM. Reason: typo on my part
    08-14-09 04:30 AM
    Have you actually been charged or is this unbilled?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:38 AM
    Have you actually been charged or is this unbilled?

I have been charged for it as seen on MyVerizon, the text message notification I received about my new statement, and the forthcoming piece of paper that will be in my mailbox in the next few days.
    08-14-09 04:41 AM
    The only data you would have been charged for was on the 25th. Right? Or is it the whole month

08-14-09 04:44 AM
    The only data you would have been charged for was on the 25th. Right? Or is it the whole month

No. I am getting charged from the 11th of July (start of period) up to the 25th of July as "PAY AS YOU USE MB", according to the statement. From the 26th on it states "UNLIMITED BLACKBERRY."
    08-14-09 04:52 AM
    Someone messed up when changing the data. You're going to have to call and point that out.
    08-14-09 05:30 AM
    The thing is you can't backdate from Premium to Select... it's downgrading. Unless you up'd your minute allotment at the same time.
    08-14-09 02:08 PM
    Exactly what I thought... plan was backdated which would switch it all to pay as you go.
    IMO that would be a credit situation for the mistake; which would be an innocent one that the rep made trying to help you avoid prorations. I do it all the time but I look at all the usage first to make sure it wont effect the billing negatively.
    08-14-09 02:26 PM
    Can't backdate to a lower plan....
    08-14-09 02:44 PM
    Yeah. Kind of sucks it only looks at access charge. You can backdate from 1350 basic to 450 email and messaging.... But not the other way around. Lame.

08-14-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks for all of your replies. I am planning on heading down to the local VZW within the next few days to get this resolved.

What should I say and what points should be brought up?

Thanks again!

08-14-09 05:33 PM
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Will be heading in the store today. I'm not sure by the tone of the replies if I'm in the right or wrong. A clarification along with what steps I should take would be great. Thanks in advance!
    08-15-09 05:48 PM
    Problem solved, thanks for your help!

/lock plz
    08-15-09 09:25 PM
    What happened?
    08-15-09 09:26 PM
    What happened?
    Went in, got helped pretty easily. Just mentioned the words backdated charges and phone in a coherent sentence and they credited the account for the errors.

My pockets thank you for keeping them full
    08-15-09 09:31 PM
    Saw is buying lunch for everyone !
    08-15-09 09:44 PM
    Saw is buying lunch for everyone !
    McDoubles on me!

(And Best Buy still needs to refund me for my 50 orders of that $9.99 52" HDTVs... grrr)

Or. We could spend the cash on getting a new phone for this poor guy over in the Tour forums:

y is the tour so boring!!!!!

...and my response

Come on people, let's be civil and adults here...
    08-15-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD