With Verizon, what happens to a call if your on the web? With it go straight to voice mail, or ring through?
    09-15-09 02:56 PM
    I believe it goes directly to voice mail. You cannot use voice and data at the same time.
    09-15-09 03:02 PM
    I have an 8330 and if I am using BB Browser, then it justs pauses my data and gives me the option to answer the phone as normal.
    09-15-09 03:09 PM
    This happens for me too.
    I have an 8330 and if I am using BB Browser, then it justs pauses my data and gives me the option to answer the phone as normal.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 03:11 PM
    The phone will ring through.
    Thank god that it does not send it right to voice mail, that would be absurd to miss a call because you were browsing the net on your berry.
    09-15-09 03:23 PM
    Voice overrides data.

Its not like you can shut off call waiting while online, like we used to do with modem connections.

09-15-09 03:26 PM
    The phone will ring through.
    Thank god that it does not send it right to voice mail, that would be absurd to miss a call because you were browsing the net on your berry.
    Thats what I wanted to hear! This stupid iPhone, everytime it goes to Edge (which is alot), the calls go straight to voice mail if I'm using data. Often they will go straight to Voice Mail even if I am not using the phone!!

Come on Storm 2, hurry up. I can't take ATT anymore!!
    09-15-09 04:18 PM
    Thats what I wanted to hear! This stupid iPhone, everytime it goes to Edge (which is alot), the calls go straight to voice mail if I'm using data. Often they will go straight to Voice Mail even if I am not using the phone!!

Come on Storm 2, hurry up. I can't take ATT anymore!!
    The iPhone will probably be coming to VZW soon - if you like iPhone, you might not be happy with Storm.

09-15-09 04:34 PM
    On my Bold the call will go through and continue loading the page. +1 for AT&T's 3G network being able to handle simultaneous voice and data.
    09-15-09 04:47 PM
    Voice overrides data.

Its not like you can shut off call waiting while online, like we used to do with modem connections.

You know the OP could of just started their browser than called him/herself and figured out the answer.
    09-15-09 05:00 PM
    On my Bold the call will go through and continue loading the page. +1 for AT&T's 3G network being able to handle simultaneous voice and data.
    It's not that it's "able to handle." Its just a different network type. If Verizon was GSM it would be able to do it as well.
    09-15-09 05:02 PM
    That is the one advantage GSM has. It is the subchannel partitioning that allows it. EVDO can't do both. EVDV would have, but that was stillborn with the LTE decision.

09-15-09 05:09 PM
    This is called CPOP (Circuit Precedence over Packet Data) and is a feature that is activated in the switch. It allows the user to have an active data session and still be able to receive calls. Kind of like a call waiting for data.

Find out more about it here: Answers to FAQs
    09-15-09 09:37 PM
    My phone stays tethered most of the day. My phone rings and I talk. If the call isn't long the internet does not drop a connection. When it does drop a connection, and that is rare, it automatically goes back to the page I was at. Takes about 2 minutes.
    09-16-09 01:42 PM
    Yeah thats great untill the call drops cuz you're on at&t
    09-16-09 01:50 PM
    My voice comes in if I'm using data too. I had a customer (Sprint) tell me his didn't do it and I was told to tell him "If the data connection is strong enough it will not let the call come through. This is normal"

I know it's not normal because MY phone does it the opposite and I know other BB's that do it too.
    09-17-09 03:32 AM
    Voice overrides data.

Eh, sorta...

Depending on how and what you're accessing though (such as tethering) it will usually pause your connection and resume whatever you're doing when the call ends.

For example, while tethering, and while playing an MMO, I might get a call, finish the call, and jump right back into my game with only a really big lag spike.

Granted, depending on the length of the call, whatever you're doing may time out.

I think there's a phone or two out there with the ability to ignore calls in favor of data. I just don't know which ones those are.
    09-17-09 04:38 AM
    The iPhone will probably be coming to VZW soon - if you like iPhone, you might not be happy with Storm.
    Twins -- you always criticize users of this site for playing into rumor hype, especially when it comes to topics like wifi on a CDMA blackberry.

I'm curious, mostly because I'd love to see the iPhone on Verizon. But what makes you state what you said above? Do you know something we don't??
    09-17-09 10:06 PM
    Let's just say I do & leave it at that.

09-18-09 01:01 AM
    why does it take data so long to come back after a call has ended???

If I hang up and a msgr app has signed off, I can be waiting up to 10 minutes for it to resign on again. Same goes with opening up the browser. Any idea if this is normal and why this limitation... as if lack of simultanious data/voice wasnt bad enough
    09-18-09 01:18 AM
    why does it take data so long to come back after a call has ended???

If I hang up and a msgr app has signed off, I can be waiting up to 10 minutes for it to resign on again. Same goes with opening up the browser. Any idea if this is normal and why this limitation... as if lack of simultanious data/voice wasnt bad enough
    Mine is usually within about 10 seconds. So your 10 minutes isn't normal at all.

09-18-09 01:39 AM
    hmmmm. e-mails also don't come in until a good 5 minutes or so, especially if its a long call that I was on. And as for bbm, those stay with an clock icon for aboutt he full 10 minutes or so, then they convert to 'checks'

Same delays happen if I use the subway and come out and try to use my data. About a 10 minute delay...... yet...... the 1xEV is nice and strong right away
    09-18-09 01:47 AM
    With Verizon, what happens to a call if your on the web? With it go straight to voice mail, or ring through?
    Nope; it interupts your data session and brings up the call.
    Happened to me twice last night... silly bf.
    09-18-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD