Hi all,
    I'm getting a 8530 for Christmas, I am stupid amounts of excited, especially from reading all of the great reviews it's been receiving on crackberry.

My question is about how to make it work with Verizon. Currently, I have the "Select Plan" at 900 minutes, which is a great plan for my current phone (I text and talk quite a bit), but I'm wondering what sort of plan or additions I should be looking at to be able to use my BB to it's fullest extent.

As much as I love my Verizon store and the guys who work it next door, they do tend to be a little clueless sometimes, or try to get me to get stuff I absolutely don't need.

I also am an employee with FedEx, so I receive some plan discounts... but I don't want to overdo it pricewise.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    11-21-09 12:30 PM
    The only thing you will need to add to your plan is the 29.99 BIS feature for email and web
    11-21-09 12:31 PM
    The only thing you will need to add to your plan is the 29.99 BIS feature for email and web
    Thanks! I knew it was a lot more easier to ask than to ask Verizon themselves. (No offense to VW! Been a loyal customer for years )
    11-21-09 12:41 PM
    Glad to hear that you are getting a BB device. Just bear in mind though, when you ask question, specially in this fourm, do not assume the person answering is not a rep. There are lots of knowlegable folks here and reps as well

Welcome to CB
    11-21-09 12:44 PM
    Yep, with Verizon (and more and more other carriers) you need to add the BlackBerry data plan in addition to whatever you get for the phone service. Can't opt out of that fee with Verizon if you get a BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 12:44 PM
    on the "fullest extent" of things you could also look at adding:
    -VZ Navigator
    -Visual Voice mail
    -V CAST music
    -V cast video on Demand

A lot of free apps after your connected too!!
    11-21-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD