1. Meinbeast's Avatar
    My NE2 is coming up first week of October and I really want to get my first BB. I messed around with a tour in the store and i loved it.

    Only problem is my service is pretty terrible at my house and that would leave my BB pretty much useless around the house which would suck. My current phone has EV and than 1X at the top with no bars, how bad is that?
    Anyways I have wifi in my house and would love to get a wifi BB but verizon currently has none. Should I wait it out and get a wifi one? If so any clue as to when one will be available (6 months? year?)

    The main reason i want to upgrade is to get the BOGO and my dad could get one as well. Any input would be great and i look forward to joining the BB community at some point.
    09-17-09 07:07 PM
  2. JoeyMoose's Avatar
    The real ? is can you wait for a new Verizon BB(New Verizon BB's are reportedly going to have wifi) or do you want a new BB now?

    You can always get a service extender for your home but the real choice for you is wifi.
    09-17-09 07:09 PM
  3. Meinbeast's Avatar
    I could get the network extender but I am paying them 60+ dollars a month for service i dont already have. Dont want to spend 250 for something I should have in the first place, but i know no company is perfect and my area is new so ill let it slide haha.

    Anyways wifi is not huge if i did get the network extender. Do they offer any discounts for bad reception or are you screwed and have to pay full price?
    09-17-09 07:25 PM
  4. JoeyMoose's Avatar
    No discount, Verizon has the best over-all coverage but there are to many variables when it comes to inside your home.

    Wait for the Essex or the Odin....
    09-17-09 07:42 PM
  5. Meinbeast's Avatar
    Alright thanks for your help. Looks like ill be waiting for the essex unless the new storms typing and navigating is much better which i hope it is. Played with the first storm at the store and my hands are to big, typing is impossible.
    09-17-09 07:53 PM
  6. chasemcooper's Avatar
    wait wait wait wait
    10-24-09 04:47 PM
  7. BerrySky's Avatar
    I would wait for the new bb's that are coming out
    10-24-09 05:07 PM
  8. lastraid's Avatar
    I love these threads - upon release of the Storm2 it will be should I get it or wait? and so and so on
    10-24-09 05:09 PM
  9. BerrySky's Avatar
    lol I would def wait until at least the Storm 2 comes out...
    10-24-09 05:11 PM
  10. Champer's Avatar
    pretty sure the guy's got a phone by now, was over a month ago.
    10-24-09 06:13 PM
  11. TwinsX2Dad's Avatar
    I just love it when people jump in without paying attention & start responding as if the conversation was current.

    My two cents is simple - no Tour, no S2. Get Droid - Android 2.0 makes BlackBerry look & feel prehistoric.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD