Okay -- as you can see from my information I have ATT. However, my friend has Verizon. She's contemplating get a BB (trying to show her the light...) and we were examining her bill and we discovered a monthly charge called "Get It Now Downloads." This is adding $13.97 each month. Has anyone else encountered this?

Also, she'd like to have a BB with the works (data, unlimited messaging, goodly number of minutes). Can this be done for $130-ish a month?

Thank you for your help! I will be checking back cause I know you Verizon people know your stuff!
    08-09-09 09:14 PM
    WOuld help to know aprox how many muinutes she would need. Also get it now will not work with a BB, but then apps for bb can be gotten from other places.
    08-09-09 09:19 PM
    Well, she does use a lot of minutes, about 2,200 on her last month's bill. She doesn't want the Get It Now - that is a charge they have added and we just discovered it in our quest to find a way to lower her bill and thus enable her to have a BB.
    08-09-09 09:22 PM
    To have a Get It Now charge she would have had to have downloaded something or be subscribed to something monthly that is a download, like a game. Her best bet is to call Verizon and ask what the best plan for her is or look online.
    08-09-09 09:26 PM
    BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging - 1350
    $129.99 monthly access
    Introducing Friends & Family. Unlimited calling to any 5 numbers on any network in America.
    Data usage from within the National Enhanced Services and the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas
    Data Access for Email
    Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
    Unlimited Calling to all Verizon Wireless Customers
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    No Domestic Long Distance Charges

or

BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging - Unlimited
    $149.99 monthly access
    Unlimited calling with anyone on any network in the U.S.
    Data usage from within the National Enhanced Services and the Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas
    Data Access for Email
    Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
    Unlimited Calling to all Verizon Wireless Customers
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    No Domestic Long Distance Charges
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-09-09 at 09:37 PM.
    08-09-09 09:34 PM
    Thank you very much! I will pass this on.
    08-09-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD