Garmin has this $99.99 software for all BBs that looks to circumvent the monthly charges from carriers. How will this work for VZW BBs where the GPS is locked down (other than the own VZW navigator)?

Thanx
    Last edited by Loony2nz; 05-16-08 at 12:04 PM.
    05-16-08 09:41 AM
    Thanks for the infos.
    05-16-08 11:03 AM
    Garmin has this $99.99 software for all BBs that looks to circumvent the monthly charges from carriers. How will this work for VZW BBs where the GPS is locked down (other than the own VZW navigator)?

Thanx
    Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry

Verizon isn't on the list of supported carriers...

Telenav (dot com) does work on Verizon Blackberry's with an external receiver, except they don't have anything for the Curve. At least not yet.
    05-16-08 02:02 PM
    If on Verizon, as I am, you can use an external bluetooth GPS "puck" and any sofwtare you want that supports an external GPS. I haven't tried Garmin's version but I see no reason it wouldn't work with any external bluetooth GPS.
    05-17-08 05:15 AM
    Boy genius reports they are coming out with a $99 for the life of the phone, doesn't transfer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 07:20 AM
    I have looked at the Garmin website and cannot work out if this product is stand-alone i.e. maps on the media Card with traffic updates over the data plan or,if it is just another download the program and we'll send you the maps as you need them junk.

Anyboy know which it is?

Mostly I know where I am going but when I travel abroard (read prohibitively expensive data rates) I often need GPS. If I have all the maps safely on my Media Card then I do not need to use expensive the roaming data rates from my carrier.

Right now I have a TomTom ONE GPS device but I'd like to leave that at home.
    05-17-08 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD