Let's get real people

With the onslaught of the Android Revolution on VZ and now for the dramatic iPhone wave coming to us with the announcement of the year within the next 75 minutes the question that comes to mind is what will it say for speed?

So I've heard the network infrastructure has been beefed up, tested, and is making the claim that it's ready to take on the data hogs. I do believe my call quality on Big Red will be just fine due to the fact that voice and data are practically running half-duplex (CDMAAAA), but when I want to Google something, run Bloomberg, or check-in on FourSquare will those speeds that I've been accustomed to on Verizon still prevail? IMO I tend to think not and with that being the case will I turn into one of those disgruntled AT&T customers complaining about speed and bandwidth......but just on Verizon?

Just curious to see what others think about this and am I alone with my opinion - cheers.
    01-11-11 08:55 AM
    I do believe my call quality on Big Red will be just fine due to the fact that voice and data are practically running half-duplex (CDMAAAA), but when I want to Google something, run Bloomberg, or check-in on FourSquare will those speeds that I've been accustomed to on Verizon still prevail? IMO I tend to think not and with that being the case will I turn into one of those disgruntled AT&T customers complaining about speed and bandwidth......but just on Verizon?
    Reports came out earlier this year that both Verizon AND Sprint each handle more wireless data than AT&T. This would make me think Verizon can handle even more traffic. Reports also came out this year that, on average, Verizon Droid users consume more data than do iPhone users on AT&T.

Plus, with the recent launch of 4G, a lot of the laptop data traffic will move from the 3G to the 4G network, leaving more room for smartphone data.

I would think, given the above, that we'll be just fine and don't have to worry.
    01-11-11 09:15 AM
    I agree. The Droids have been out over a year now, and I haven't noticed any difference in my quality of service, either for phone or data service.

I'd guess that VZW considers these things before adding new phones to the line also. Regardless of what particular phones they carry, VZW's success rests with its ability to supply more reliable coverage in more areas than the other carriers. It would make no sense for them to compromise this strength by adding data-intensive devices to a network that wouldn't support the traffic.
    01-13-11 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD