08-25-08 06:55 PM
67 123
tools
    I wish Verizon would add the myfav from Alltel!
    08-14-08 08:44 PM
    Well I find it hard to believe RIM would release two phones (Bold/Javelin) to AT&T first and Verizon over a year later. I find that logic hard to believe even if it has happened before. I think RIM has grown since the days of the Curve enough to understand that it should split the phones to each carrier. Release the Bold to AT&T and Javelin to Verizon and Sprint.
    08-14-08 08:45 PM
    I am a verizon customer as well and feel your pain. I want to switch to At&t badly as im pretty sure the service would be about the same here in St Louis. But i get a company discount. I get 19% discount on the bill and a 20% discount on accessories as well as phones. Right now i have 2 blackberries on my bill. 700 shared minutes. 500 txts shared. unlimited data for both phones. unlimited in txt and calling. unlimited nights and weekends. My bill last month was $120 bucks. This is my only reason for staying. If we moved to AT&T I figured my bill would be over $200 dollars a month.

I am just going to have to hope and wait. My wish is that eventually Verizon will have a cdma version of the bold and or javelin. From what i read i think they will be sometime next year.
    08-14-08 08:58 PM
    Fyi, for people thinking about jumping ship to AT&T there service is not that great the Iphones 3g are having major issues right now I read on other forums!
    08-14-08 09:06 PM
    I remember seeing somewhere that the next gen Blackberries will not take the average 6-12 months to get to CDMA networks, whether that will truly happen is another thing.

I love these types of conversations because they dip into the GSM vs. CDMA discussion. I would wait as long as possible for the Bold/Javelin/etc. to come to CDMA networks if you are an existing CDMA customer, but then again I waited forever for my EV-DO Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 09:22 PM
    According to this New BlackBerry expected within month in N. America - Yahoo! News

The Bold is coming within a month to AT&T. So this may be happening much sooner than expected.
    08-14-08 10:10 PM
    If putting a cellphone "on the market" is anything like typical business in the US or elsewhere I'm sure there's got to be things like: very expensive licenses, fcc approval (bribes). I'm just guessing things like red tape and government strongarm policies slow down the process.

08-15-08 03:13 AM
    Please tell me wtf you're talking about! My mms works just fine on my pearl, but the downfall of the pearl imo is the SureType, especially if you use bbm a lot! My SureType always messes up and makes my thing restart!
    I personally would get the 8330 Curve. That is what I have and the only there are a couple of drawbacks to the pearl in my opinion. The Pearl will not do MMS messaging and it does not have the full QWERTY keyboard. The one advantage that it has is that it is similar in size to a regular phone. I guess it would just depend on those things in my eyes.
    08-15-08 07:00 AM
    I can either take it or leave it. I love my Curve so I'm content.

08-15-08 07:12 AM
    I would not worry. Verizon will stay on top things. I am sure there are many new phones coming to Verizon once the merger is official.
    08-15-08 07:30 AM
    The niagara is a CDMA bold prototype, correct? isn't that a javelin or a bold?
    08-15-08 12:29 PM
    The niagara is a CDMA bold prototype, correct? isn't that a javelin or a bold?
    Hi,

Sorry to sound like I know things lol, I'm definitely not an insider.

From what I've heard, the Niagara is the CDMA Javelin....which is the successor of the Curve? Which would be my question: is the Javelin the successor to the Curve?

Thanks!
    Paul

08-15-08 12:35 PM
    i dont mind that. i rather get the finished, updated and tweeked version, then the first one that is missing certain features or has alot of problems
    mrlee2k8 one thing we forgot to mention is tht they would come out with there tweeked and als blocked cdma version .....lollol
    08-15-08 02:23 PM
    The Javelin is the new Curve.

Does anyone see Verizon switching to GSM? I can't see it personally.
    08-15-08 06:49 PM
    The Javelin is the new Curve.

Does anyone see Verizon switching to GSM? I can't see it personally.
    I can't really see it either.

Maybe as a strictly data network, but for voice, I don't know.

Does anyone know if the supposed network is going to be just data or voice and data?

08-15-08 07:03 PM
    They'll just faze out CDMA as they implement LTE. so in 5-10 years everyone will be on the same network as LTE will do both voice and data
    08-15-08 07:03 PM
    They'll just faze out CDMA as they implement LTE. so in 5-10 years everyone will be on the same network as LTE will do both voice and data
    Not to argue with you, but just as a question and a discussion. Verizon is known for very good coverage. Would they really phase out the heavily built CDMA network?

I was talking with someone in a VZW store not too long ago, and he said that in the next three years they would really be bulking up the network.

Just my
    (And the guy at the VZW store's) $.02.

Paul

08-15-08 07:13 PM
    I wish my new every two was a little bit later in the year. But I'm still inbetween on whether to get the Curve or the Pearl if the new sets havent hit Verizon in February. This back and forth between networks from RIM is aggervating (and at the same time doesnt seem like good marketing).
    08-15-08 08:33 PM
    But I'm still inbetween on whether to get the Curve or the Pearl if the new sets havent hit Verizon in February.
    You could always get the Curve or the Pearl, test it for 29 days, and on the 30th day, take it back and exchange it for the other one.

It's something to consider anyway......
    08-15-08 08:36 PM
    Is there any real difference technically between the two (besides the processor or memory... like feature wise)?
    08-15-08 08:47 PM
    Is there any real difference technically between the two (besides the processor or memory... like feature wise)?
    The Curve has more memory (not sure of the exact details on that) and a full keyboard, while the Pearl has the suretype keyboard.
    08-15-08 09:19 PM
    They were saying the bold would be launched only a couple of months later to cdma. Not really sure if that will hold up. I really like the full keyboard not sure type. Try both phones curve and pearl, by the time your re-newal is up they may have another new phone to try. Verizon has a good relationship with rim and there are alot of new bb comming out.
    08-15-08 09:51 PM
    Not to argue with you, but just as a question and a discussion. Verizon is known for very good coverage. Would they really phase out the heavily built CDMA network?

I was talking with someone in a VZW store not too long ago, and he said that in the next three years they would really be bulking up the network.

Just my
    (And the guy at the VZW store's) $.02.

Paul

Thats why I say 5-10 years (closer to ten) as verizon will wait until their LTE is completely built out untill switching to that, actually knowing how long they take just to make sure everything is right make that 15. But i think they'll have to go there eventually. but maybe you're right though that would not be good for the hope of interoperability.
    08-15-08 10:16 PM
    If the Javelin/Niagra, Thunder, or Bold don't come to Verizon would you get the Pearl 8130 or Curve 8330. I am new to BlackBerry and don't really know the technical difference.
    I am a newbie as well (had my Curve 8330 for 15 days) and I would still go with the Curve. It's got a bigger keyboard and better screen than the Pearl. I switched from a Voyager and I'm sold on my BB!
    08-16-08 12:44 PM
    Seeing as though 4.5 is not officially released AND they blow horse apples at releasing phones on time, I am rethinking the renewal of my contract.

I drive a Scion xB and it has taught me that you don't have to pay top dollar when something cheaper works just as well.

P.S. I laugh at donkey-clowns who drive SUV's too. 1/5 of the people who have em, need em. Why do you think the Japanese are more advanced? Cause they're not wasteful and they study us and laugh!

That's my daily rant.

08-17-08 10:39 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD