That's funny. I just left a VZW store, where they haven't got the Z10 in yet. The guy says " we should a one in the next 3 days, but its just the same as an iphone". I asked him if he had a chance to try it out yet, he said no, but from the brochure its just like an iphone so if you don't like the iphone you're not going to like the Blackberry.

To be fair the main VZW store in my town had nice BB signage. The staff were less than interested in showing off the Z10. I was definitely on my own.
    Zakaria Ridouh likes this.
    03-29-13 06:59 PM
    Lol, Maybe because they have more stock of iPhone?
    03-29-13 07:11 PM
    I don't like ignorant Verizon staff like that. They haven't used the phone yet and they make assumptions like they know it all.
    03-31-13 09:40 PM
    My local vzw store has no signage or demo units. I had pre ordered mine but went to see if they had any accessories (which they didn't)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:58 AM
    I just finished chatting with the VZW rep online:
    Lonnie: How may I assist you with your online purchase today?

You: Im interested in the blackberry Z10.

You: Do you think that is a good choice

Lonnie: Yes, it is a good choice if you like blackberries and also want the convience of a touch screen and apps.

You: I do like blackberrys, Im using a Note 2 now. The Z10 has some great features.

Lonnie: I understand.

You: What would I be losing/gaining by making the switch?

Lonnie: There wont be as many apps on blackberry as the Note II and the screen is not as big,

You: ok, that's what I would lose, what would I gain?

Lonnie: The Blackberry does not offer anything you can't do on the Note II.

Lonnie: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    04-03-13 12:54 PM
    quite frankly, the rep didn't lie. The Z10 just does things more quickly. And you don't have to know about after market add-ons like keyboards. I can't iamgine every Android phone owner knows about custom keyboards and all the other crap a Z10 just gives you.
    04-03-13 08:51 PM
    quite frankly, the rep didn't lie. The Z10 just does things more quickly. And you don't have to know about after market add-ons like keyboards. I can't iamgine every Android phone owner knows about custom keyboards and all the other crap a Z10 just gives you.
    Custom keyboards? Are you just talking about the word completion, etc..?

And LOL @ the BlackBerry not offering anything you can't do on a Note 2. I think the Hub itself is a feature worth mentioning, and the gesture system, and the browser that arguably is the best on the market (if you value things like Ringmark and HTML5Test).

Yes, we lose the app battle, but when you have a solid browser and can make home screen shortcuts for your webpages... that sure helps even the playing field

If you want to mess with someone with a little webOS fun and play in the Z10 browser, fire up this proof of concept one of the members over at webosnation built: webOS
    04-08-13 12:12 PM
    Okay in the interest of fairness, I have to report that I was in the main VZW in town and the sales person was a Blackberry fan, was using the Z10, gave me some tips and shortcuts for my Z10. She also commented on how some of the sales staff at that store were coming around to the Z10 and recommending customers towards it to try. She said as they become more used to the Z10, and are able to show it off better the sales of Z10 have been exceeding their expectations. Now that makes sense. No one device is for everyone, but everyone should have a decent introduction to all the platforms at least to decide for themselves.
    kevets likes this.
    04-11-13 01:13 PM