10-29-08 02:27 PM
40 12
tools
    In you original post you said you have gone through 2 replacement curves and you are on the 3rd, but you implied it was all through VZW (yes, when you didn't say you had tmobile, you implied they were all with vzw)....and now you've been through 3 curves on VZW after someone called you out about the length of time the phone has been with VZW and then you get mad about it. Really?

Honestly, to me it sounds like another case of a phone that a customer doesn't know how to use properly. If it starts acting up, then they think there is something wrong when usually they jacked it up somehow and then don't want to bother taking the time to learn their device and fix it.

I had one guy bring a curve back the other day. He was pitching a fit because he couldn't make calls. It took me 2 seconds to find out that he didn't have the connection to the mobile network turned on. I told him what the problem was and he still tried to act like it was the phones fault.

I know there are some people that truly have manufacture issues with phones, but most of the so-called manufacture issues are really customer misuse, abuse or misunderstanding.
    I think you've misread my post - I'm in no way mad. It was my mistake for not explaining the T-Mobile part of the story. And yes, I still think Verizon should be kissing my ***. A customer for 9 1/2 years going on 10, and I'm paying them more than $450 a month with 5 lines. On top of all that, how many times have they ****ed up my bill, and how many phones have they sent me that have physical damage, and or don't work properly out of the box? Their network is fantastic, but that doesn't mean every other aspect of the company is spot clean.

As far as the phone(s) not working due to user error, that's not a problem, at all. I've been using smartphones for almost 4 years now. I've had multiple Blackberry's (8830 World Edition, 8130 Pearl, and a 8320 Curve). In addition, I've also used a: Motorola Q, Samsung Blackjack, and a few other ****ty smartphones that aren't worth mentioning. I'm in no way trying to act like I'm some God that knows everything about smartphones. I'm just stating that I don't think its user error on my end. Neither do the four CSR’s that I’ve spoke to this week. (At least that’s what they’re telling me).

I've been walked through the trouble shoot steps on my Curve the first two times, and finally the third time the CSR just decided to replace my Curve because he felt that I’ve done everything needed to diagnose the problem(s).

I see your post as nothing more than an insult. You offered no new advice, and spent the majority of the post insulting my intelligence. Thank you, but no thanks.

To those of you who think this is made up, or I'm just incompetent of using a smartphone: Please do not post. I do not care about your opinion, and I'm just looking for help. I’m here to get help, not to argue with people.
    Last edited by Lil Blackk; 10-28-08 at 10:11 AM.
    10-28-08 10:07 AM
    Not that this matters but I went through 3 treos and vzw gave me an 8830. One of my service guys went through 2 q9m and got a curve from vzw. They have never given me grief. By the sound of the OP could it be an attitiude issue with VZW. Don't demand stuff use some tact and try to explain to them your situation (nicely). You may be surprised at what happens. As for getting a deal on a storm I doubt it. But you can only try. Remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Or something like that. Oh and BTW I have 2 accts here about the same price as the OP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 11:37 AM
    13 Smartphones and doesn't want data? WTF? Sounds like they just wanted the latest phone without paying for it. The phones went right up the food chain for treo's.

Yep - I have countless times when a deivce is replaced and it did not have to be. I have seen replacements have the same issue as the orignal device, this really pisses off the customer.

Example of a custoemr I dealt with last friday. Customer has been through:

2-treo 650
    3- treo 700W
    4-treo 700WX
    2- tero 755P
    2- treo centro 690P

Then VZW puts her into a Motorola Q9C and the customer has a MAC! WHY! all replacenmts have been for pretty much the same reasons. Bad devices? I doubt it. customer habits, most likely.

As a last resort we offered ger BB, She declined as she does not want data.

VZW bent over backwards and could not resolve her problem, time to cut the loss. This customer was giving VZW $40 a month for her service.
    10-28-08 11:41 AM
    Not that this matters but I went through 3 treos and vzw gave me an 8830. One of my service guys went through 2 q9m and got a curve from vzw. They have never given me grief. By the sound of the OP could it be an attitiude issue with VZW. Don't demand stuff use some tact and try to explain to them your situation (nicely). You may be surprised at what happens. As for getting a deal on a storm I doubt it. But you can only try. Remember you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Or something like that. Oh and BTW I have 2 accts here about the same price as the OP

Do you sense anger in my post? Once again, I'm in no way angry. Lol, the part about Verizon kissing my *** was simply just something I added in. I'm always calm, collected, and courteous when calling customer support. I've learned that you get what you deserve. If you call and you're acting like a lunatic, I know that the CSR's won't want to help you. If you're kind and thankful, most of the time their more than willing to help you. Most will even go out of their way to help you.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: Yes, I agree with your comment about the Treo user. 13 phones and they still weren't pleased. Like you said, they were probably just doing it to be up with the latest and greatest.
    10-28-08 12:39 PM
    Can everyone understand that I'm in no way angry. For gods sake I added a smiley face in my first post. Although the title is "Frustration Frusration Frustration", that doesn't mean I'm mad. Lol, just a little frustrated.
    10-28-08 12:43 PM
    I need a drink after following this post..
    10-28-08 12:51 PM
    Can everyone understand that I'm in no way angry. For gods sake I added a smiley face in my first post. Although the title is "Frustration Frusration Frustration", that doesn't mean I'm mad. Lol, just a little frustrated.
    I understand that you are frustrated, and keep in mind I think many people in this thread work for VZW, given that, remember that VZW loses an extrodinary amount of money on "refurbishing" phones for customers to use in the future. That fact that you spend "$450" a month with VZW doesn't mean much of anything to them, sorry. I deal with a SMALL business account that has a monthly bill of roughly $12,000 and they rarely bend over for him..
    The point you put out about never having to replace your T-Mobile Curve and needing 3 new Curves is arbitrary, I have had no issues with my Curve and my coworker has replaced his twice in the last 3 weeks. Blackberrys are small, highly electronical devices that can have millions of different types of bugs in them. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. The thought that VZW doesn't work to put out the best refurbs they can is just not correct, they want to only replace it the first time to save money, but are willing to continue replacing it to accomodate the customer. As far as the apparent scratch on one of the devices, maybe the employee reshipping the phone back to VZW dropped it, who knows. I understand that you are frustrated, but once you work in the industry you see that replacements simply get out of hand. The thing is, VZW provides the service, RIM provides the device...VZW could tell you to call RIM when problems arise, but they attempt to handle it to keep customers happy.
    10-28-08 01:01 PM
    I understand that you are frustrated, and keep in mind I think many people in this thread work for VZW, given that, remember that VZW loses an extrodinary amount of money on "refurbishing" phones for customers to use in the future. That fact that you spend "$450" a month with VZW doesn't mean much of anything to them, sorry. I deal with a SMALL business account that has a monthly bill of roughly $12,000 and they rarely bend over for him..
    The point you put out about never having to replace your T-Mobile Curve and needing 3 new Curves is arbitrary, I have had no issues with my Curve and my coworker has replaced his twice in the last 3 weeks. Blackberrys are small, highly electronical devices that can have millions of different types of bugs in them. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. The thought that VZW doesn't work to put out the best refurbs they can is just not correct, they want to only replace it the first time to save money, but are willing to continue replacing it to accomodate the customer. As far as the apparent scratch on one of the devices, maybe the employee reshipping the phone back to VZW dropped it, who knows. I understand that you are frustrated, but once you work in the industry you see that replacements simply get out of hand. The thing is, VZW provides the service, RIM provides the device...VZW could tell you to call RIM when problems arise, but they attempt to handle it to keep customers happy.
    I completly agree with everything you've said. I didn't mean to make it sound like Verizon was careless with their devices. I completly understand that accidents and mix-ups do occur, and that's ANYWHERE. Restaurants, cell phone companies, retail, etc. ****, the United States military flew nuclear bombs over our country on accident. Accidents DO HAPPEN. I'm not blaming Verizon, nor am I blaming RIM. I'm just a tad bit frustrated that I'm having such bad luck.

And I totally agree that Verizon probably tries their hardest to get working replacement devices in the hands of their customers ASAP. They've been very helpful up until this point, so I'm either hoping for a discount on the Storm, or atleast an account credit for the issues I've dealt with.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

PS: After it's all said and done, one of us has to have bad luck, right?
    10-28-08 05:50 PM
    PS: After it's all said and done, one of us has to have bad luck, right?
    If everyone has good luck, then whats good luck, right? Well, I wouldn't hold your breath for a discount on the Storm, but if you didn't know, RIM has an upgrade program where you can get money for old phones including blackberrys, check out the link in my signature.
    PS: Good Luck!
    10-28-08 06:07 PM
    Well here's a plug for all of you vzw csr in bb land... I have been with verizon for going on 15 yrs..(how many of you remember "AIRTOUCH") .. and may I say that evrytime I have had a problem, 99 % of them have stayed on the phone with me until the problem was resolved one way or another. One particular young lady was on the phone with me..and this is no exaggeration.. for 2 hrs and 30+ min... and yes solved the problem with out having to get a new phone. so I say kudos to each and every one of the csr in here.
    10-28-08 06:17 PM
    Well here's a plug for all of you vzw csr in bb land... I have been with verizon for going on 15 yrs..(how many of you remember "AIRTOUCH") .. and may I say that evrytime I have had a problem, 99 % of them have stayed on the phone with me until the problem was resolved one way or another. One particular young lady was on the phone with me..and this is no exaggeration.. for 2 hrs and 30+ min... and yes solved the problem with out having to get a new phone. so I say kudos to each and every one of the csr in here.
    Thank you. Been there done that myself. I need the tee shirt though.
    10-28-08 06:57 PM
    Lil blackk-

Do understand that Verizon is a VERY ARROGANT company and Draconian to say the least.

They have a marketing image that has people flocking like "SHEEP" to them and willing to pay their outragous prices. When truth be told their really no better then ATT or Sprint.

Right now Verizon text messaging is as slow as Nextels when designated for outside the verizon network, but do you see people fuss and complaining, no, verizon is still the best and worth the money.

So if you're wondering where I'm going with this, is to say, Your 450$ mean nothing to them and no they will not allow you to upgrade to a Storm with discounts if your no eligable.

Customer Service may be good, but they drawl a hard line and do not waiver outside of policy.

Welcome to Verizon.

10-28-08 08:29 PM
    was waiting for that.
    10-28-08 08:40 PM
    Lil blackk-

Do understand that Verizon is a VERY ARROGANT company and Draconian to say the least.

They have a marketing image that has people flocking like "SHEEP" to them and willing to pay their outragous prices. When truth be told their really no better then ATT or Sprint.

Right now Verizon text messaging is as slow as Nextels when designated for outside the verizon network, but do you see people fuss and complaining, no, verizon is still the best and worth the money.

So if you're wondering where I'm going with this, is to say, Your 450$ mean nothing to them and no they will not allow you to upgrade to a Storm with discounts if your no eligable.

Customer Service may be good, but they drawl a hard line and do not waiver outside of policy.

Welcome to Verizon.

We "waiver" from policy all the time....trust me, we waiver...it all depends on the situation.

You might also keep in mind that old saying "you'll attract more flies with honey." Like anyone else, if you come at us ******** and moaning and demanding things, then it's likely that we will not want to give you service above and beyond what is required. I am much more likely to do all I can for a customer who speaks to me in calm, polite and civilized manner (even when they are extremely upset) as opposed to a customer who thinks that just because I work in a service industry means that gives them the latitude to treat me like I'm not a person.
    10-28-08 10:33 PM
    Every time I've called to disconnect my line, they've done WHATEVER it takes to keep me as a customer. They've replaced broken phones before, so I'll see if they'll do it this time.

A closed mouth never get's fed, and what have I got to lose? I give all the CSR's in this thread props, for dealing with the things they do. But not ALL CSR's deserve praise. Some are just as ignorant and arrogant as the customer(s).
    10-29-08 02:27 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD