I have been having an intermittent issue with my Tour for months now, and Verizon cant figure it out...

Occasionally, if I'm talking on the phone, and someone else calls me, it will not prompt me that I have the second call coming in..it automatically kicks them to voicemail...not all the time though..

Verizon has gone over my phone numerous times, verified settings were correct etc.. I've wiped the phone, pulled btteries and done *228 and a couple other variations of numbers that I'd never needed before, but they recommended.

I've swapped phones (because of track ball issues) and the problem has carried over to the next phone, so I know its not hardware related (at least assuming the problem wasn't in both phones)...

any ideas? It's a minor inconvenience, having to listen to the voicemail, then call the number back.. And with my business, I really need to get all calls coming in...not very professional on my part..

Appreciate any advice. Verizon has a call ticket in with tech support but I'm not hopeful they'll figure it out..

kevin
    01-30-10 12:38 AM
    Don't hold your breath. I've had the same problem for about a year, through 3 different phones and still no fix. I miss calls and my phone doesn't ring. I can be on the phone and it goes to voicemail. So I wouldn't hold out for a fix anytime soon.
    01-30-10 01:48 AM
    Don't hold your breath. I've had the same problem for about a year, through 3 different phones and still no fix. I miss calls and my phone doesn't ring. I can be on the phone and it goes to voicemail. So I wouldn't hold out for a fix anytime soon.
    well....that sucks.

If verizon offered another phone I'd gladly switch, but I don't like the droid nor anything else I'm seeing...

Guess Ill have to hold out for the iphone..

thanks for reaffirming that I'm not an isolated case.
    01-30-10 02:06 AM
    Most likely not your phone. If the network isn't sending the call to you through the voice channels then you will have this issue. Give specific examples and ask to have a Remedy Ticket opened (nvm you already said you did).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 02:48 AM
    Well what was the resolution of the ticket????
    Its hard to pinpoint though because its intermittant.
    01-30-10 08:15 AM
    DId they delete and rebuild your account?
    01-30-10 08:19 AM
    sounds like Busy Transfer is on.... but it's hard to say since we can't see your account did you try dialing *73 SEND
    01-30-10 08:30 AM
    Ooooh, didnt think of that.. but why would it be intermittant???
    01-30-10 09:05 AM
    Thats true...I dunno...
    01-30-10 09:25 AM
    Maybe it's "page no answer forward". That can cause intermittent forwarding

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 02:03 PM
    Well what was the resolution of the ticket????
    Its hard to pinpoint though because its intermittant.
    the ticket is till ongoing..they told me 3-4 business days.
    01-30-10 02:24 PM
    sounds like Busy Transfer is on.... but it's hard to say since we can't see your account did you try dialing *73 SEND
    the rep mentioned the busy transfer, but verified it was off. I dont remember is they had me do *73 send.. they had me do the normal *228, and also another combo that started with # instead of *...I dont remember the rest of it though.
    01-30-10 02:25 PM
    the rep mentioned the busy transfer, but verified it was off. I dont remember is they had me do *73 send.. they had me do the normal *228, and also another combo that started with # instead of *...I dont remember the rest of it though.
    *73 SEND cancels all Call Forwarding...
    01-30-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD