ok, first off, i want to say that i'm happy with verizon's quality service and their customer service. it might be a little high, but i rather pay a little more for better service.

ok, so on july 9th, i went in to purchase a seido case and a silicone case for my brother. we had just gotten our new blackberry curves on the 7th. he wasn't happy with the silicone, so i went in to exchange that for another seido case for my phone. i used it for awhile and loved it, but then i realized that on our cases, the left bottom part would pop every now and then. that turned out to be because of our invisible shield cover that we did on the whole phone. so we decided to return those 2 seido cases to the verizon store which we purchased it from. now, it hasn't been more than 30 days. here's the deal, when i exchanged the silicone case for another seido case, the store clerk took the original receipt and printed me 2. i thought one was for the exchanged case and the other was for the one i had already had. so when i went in to return it today, another store clerk wouldn't take one of the cases. it turns out that those 2 receipts was for the one case i had exchanged it for. so after i pointed out who sold me the original case and one who exchanged it, he went on his computer for 10 minutes and told me i can only get refunded for one of the cases. okay, i get why they need the receipt, but i was under the impression that when the guy gave me 2 receipts, one was for the original and the other for the exchanged one. so after 30 minutes, i decided not to fight it and took the return on one. so now, i'm left with 1 seido case that i can't use.

so, just here to vent out. sorry for passing along any headaches! still, i'm happy with my verizon phones and service. i just might not go to that store to purchase anything.
    08-04-08 07:33 PM
    its unfortunate, the stores seem to have a problem with anything thats not commissionable. i do apologize..
    08-04-08 07:39 PM
    Usually sales of any kind from Verizon (even accessories) are tied to a phone number and in the system with the dates. If they can pull up that info, a manager will have no problem resolving the issues. What you probably ran into is a regular sales rep who either didn't want to negate the original sale for his buddy or he/she didn't want to help you. If this is really an issue for you, go back and speak with the branch manager. If that fails, you can go online to their website and fill out the feedback form. Tell them the issues you had and give them the ticket numbers off the receipts. You will get a call from executive relations and then you can proceed to bicker about the losers who didn't want to do the right thing for the customer. Good luck.
    08-04-08 09:49 PM
    its reps like that that give the rest of us a bad name

he was just being lazy, you're well within the realm of exchanging the other one assuming you're within your 30 days
    08-04-08 10:17 PM
    well, i'm just going to keep the case and avoid another headache. i gave him my phone number but he said that those cases weren't involved with my account. i really didn't want the hassle and become on of those "crazy" customers. i just wanted my refund and walk out there, no problems. i didn't scream, yell or fight. my friend wanted really to have the case returned and even asked for an explanation and was going to ask for the manager. ok, maybe that would've been the right thing to do and get things done, but honestly, i didn't want to go there and spend another 20 minutes.

i'll still give verizon my business and be happy, but i also want them to work with me as well. i've said nothing but great things about their service and quality customer service as that's what i received. so, life goes on. thanks for letting me vent
    08-04-08 10:59 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I love verizon too their customer service is great. I have one customer service agent that I request everytime I go in if she's not their I will go back at a later time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 11:26 PM
    or you could ebay it.
    08-05-08 12:40 AM
    or you could ebay it.
    Much better getting the refund you are rightfully entitled to than selling it on eBay. There are billions of phone cases on eBay and many of them are priced at very low prices. We're talking about $5 to $10.
    08-05-08 03:50 AM
    Wow that's terrible. Do you remember giving your phone number when you purchased the case?

The representative should have, and usually always asks for your phone number to log it, and apply any discounts you may have. You should be able to return accessories without a receipt at all. I've seen it done countless times at customer service just with a phone number. I used to work at a VZW retail location.
    08-05-08 09:23 AM
    This is why I only by my phone and not accessories from Verizon.
    08-05-08 11:54 AM
    This is why I only by my phone and not accessories from Verizon.
    congrats??
    08-05-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD