Many of my friends report getting the error message "Network is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or something similar when texting me. Some say it takes 2-3 tries and it finally sends, and some end up having to wait like 10 min before they can successfully text me. I rarely get the message when texting other people. Any ideas?

Guess I should state its a 8330 running 5.0
    05-06-10 01:25 AM
    This sounds like something network related, you may have to call in.
    05-06-10 02:47 AM
    Yup. Call your carrier and advise them that you are not getting the service that you are paying for.
    05-06-10 08:35 AM
    Many of my friends report getting the error message "Network is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or something similar when texting me. Some say it takes 2-3 tries and it finally sends, and some end up having to wait like 10 min before they can successfully text me. I rarely get the message when texting other people. Any ideas?

Guess I should state its a 8330 running 5.0
    Are the friends on Verizon or are they on ATT in NYC? I really don't think it is your end because if you send a text to a phone that is off it is still waiting when the phone is turned back on. Also, do you get the same message when you text them?
    05-06-10 09:23 AM
    This sounds like something network related, you may have to call in.
    Yup. Call your carrier and advise them that you are not getting the service that you are paying for.
    I appreciate the advice. I will do so this week
    Are the friends on Verizon or are they on ATT in NYC? I really don't think it is your end because if you send a text to a phone that is off it is still waiting when the phone is turned back on. Also, do you get the same message when you text them?
    I have gotten the message before when texting these people, but maybe only once or twice each person, when they have gotten it multiple times when texting me. I think I'm going to call Verizon and see whats up
    05-08-10 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD