Has anybody tried adding Goog411 to their new Friends & Family group?

If you're unfamiliar, Goog411 (800-466-4411) is Google's free directory service. Instead of spending two bucks for an info call, you can call it and get business directory listings for free. It's a little limited, with only voice recognition, but it's pretty accurate.

Goog411 will connect you for up to twenty minutes at no cost. I'm thinking about adding it to my F&F, then just using it to call people at their offices for free. Would that work?
    03-04-09 10:37 PM
    Try it an lets us know how many minutes you burn. if at all
    03-05-09 05:44 PM
    I believe it will work, unless VZW has that number listed as a directory assistance number.

Then again, with switch & AIN technology, it is possible that the connection would actually register to the number they transfer you to and those minutes would then be billable.

Just do what lastraid said. Report back here.
    03-05-09 07:28 PM
    Interesting... I'm curious to know as well. Definitely let us know what you come up with.
    03-06-09 09:15 AM
    You should try Beyond411, if you haven't already. This is the best 411 app I've ever used and its free if you have unlimited data.

http://thebogles.com/b411.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 03:15 PM
    If memory serves 800 numbers are valid f@f designations

03-07-09 06:57 AM
    someone should try adding the 123spoof access numbers to their friends and family since you have to call into a number to call your destination. they are 212 area code numbers. technically unlimited calling if it works. i would try but im not eligible for friends and family.
    03-07-09 02:29 PM
    If memory serves 800 numbers are valid f@f designations
    Yes, they are - BUT if AIN takes over, as soon as the call gets transferred, the number you transferred to is reported.

So, without trying this (and I hate anything Google - so I won't be doing it) I couldn't say that it would work. It is very possible that you'd pick up the end number OR it is possible the Goog411 number is registered as a directory assistance number.

03-07-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD