So dumb and dumber moves. My tour got soaking wet and i did all the wrong things to try and dry it in my desperate effort to get it working again. I am a certified addict. None worked and it was soon clear it was dead. Called VZ and was told I had declined insurance. I have every memory of taking it (as i always do) but it was in black and white on my statement (which my admin deals with not me so I never even noticed). Bottom line, no option but to purchase a new one at full retail price--which came to $550 with tax. My boss might have heart failure over that expense. I was (still am) on the road so waiting for a refurb model to be shipped was not an option because it was weekend and i was already freaking without a phone. So now that i have this very price Berry, my question is can I or should I purchase a refurb (from whom??) and then return the $550 new model i just got? Will VZ balk--especially if i purchase the refurb from them? Are refurbs really reliable??

Really appreciate all the advice I can get!!

Thanks!
    06-06-10 09:51 AM
    Maybe checkout craigslist or ebay for used models. With the release of the Bold 9650, there are sure to be some people are trying to get rid of. Be weary of stolen berries though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 10:46 AM
    You may qualify for a certified pre owned device. I think a certified pre owned Tour is 200 and change.

06-06-10 02:44 PM
    I'm going to be selling my Tour and Curve soon.

06-06-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD