Good morning,

Yesterday I got a text message from VZW saying that I am eligible for a free BB if I add a line with a two year contract. Perfect timing because my wife is turning in her work provided phone and we were already planning adding a line for her.

My question is, will the VZW corporate stores honor this offer or do I have to go through telesales? Telesales it's only good through them, but I never know if they're just saying that to get the sale.

Thanks!
    02-19-09 08:52 AM
    I believe anyone can get a free Pearl right now on a new line of service.

The Curve would cost a little bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:02 AM
    Often special offers are limited like that. VZW does it all the time with internet sales. The best way to find out would be to call the Corp store and find out if they will honor it. Sometimes they will, even if they are not supposed too, in order to get the sale themselves. If you DO the telesales route shipping is usually 2 day so she won't have to wait TOO long.
    02-19-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The offer does say any BlackBerry for free, not just the Pearl and not a discounted Curve.

Yeah, the wait from TeleSales isn't a big deal, I'd just rather deal with a brick and mortar if I can. I've had great service with the VZW store near me, so I'm happy to give them business when I can.
    02-19-09 10:40 AM
    so this is legit and not just a spam text ? because i just got one but i also just put in for an upgrade in which i paid 99 for the curve ( still pondering either or not to activate it because 2 years might be a long time to commit to the 8330 )
    correction the one i got was for the friends and family silly me =-p
    Last edited by Nja4k; 02-19-09 at 11:45 AM.
    02-19-09 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the replies. The offer does say any BlackBerry for free, not just the Pearl and not a discounted Curve.

Yeah, the wait from TeleSales isn't a big deal, I'd just rather deal with a brick and mortar if I can. I've had great service with the VZW store near me, so I'm happy to give them business when I can.
    It's legit. It's part of Verizon's Buy One Get One on Blackberries. They decided to backdate all the way to 11/21/08 for anyone who bought a Storm and the past 30 days for anyone who bought a Curve, Pearl or 8830.

The only catch is that the free BB has to be of equal or lesser value and must be activated on a new line or a line that is eligible for upgrade.

So go get your wife a free BB.

PS.....it's not just TeleSales. You can do it in-store.
    Last edited by gettinthere; 02-19-09 at 12:29 PM.
    02-19-09 12:25 PM
    Awesome, thank you gettinthere!
    02-19-09 12:32 PM
    Awesome, thank you gettinthere!
    No problem. It's easier if you have your receipt from the Storm, but if not they just pull your original order and reference the order number from the first one.
    02-19-09 12:38 PM
    Telesales / Internet sales only for a free Pearl
    02-19-09 01:09 PM
    No problem. It's easier if you have your receipt from the Storm, but if not they just pull your original order and reference the order number from the first one.
    I think I can pull up the receipt for printing on the My VZW website, I'll have to remember to do that before we go to the store this weekend.
    02-19-09 02:07 PM
    I think I can pull up the receipt for printing on the My VZW website, I'll have to remember to do that before we go to the store this weekend.
    You should be able to, but if not....it's not hard for the rep to search for it.
    02-19-09 02:13 PM
    It is available for telesales/in-store/or customer service. CS only if you're upgrading though.
    02-19-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD