Fortune: Verizon iPhone 'Confirmed'

Also: CEO Seidenberg is apparently 'totally dreamy'

Buried in what occasionally reads like a love letter to Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg, Fortune is the latest to proclaim that the iPhone is headed for Verizon, despite Seidenberg himself all but shooting down the possibility last month. That so many Americans covet Verizon iPhones "is partly a testament to the efforts of Ivan *Seidenberg," insists Fortune -- though in really it's mostly a "testament" to AT&T's inability to complete phone calls in the New York and San Francisco markets. Between blowing kisses, Fortune reconstitutes rumors already seen elsewhere, such as Apple and Verizon fighting over control, and the fact this first Verizon iPhone will be CDMA, not LTE:

Get ready for Verizon's 'Dream Phone' - Fortune Tech
    10-29-10 09:17 PM
    nice! i know a couple people on vzw that would love to get the iphone.
    10-30-10 12:07 AM
    I know a TON people on ATT as well
    10-30-10 12:21 PM
    ^Now that is very true. I am very happy with my Berry. I hae had the whole iPhone thing and I prefer my Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 01:10 PM
    I will not get a CDMA only capable iPhone. In fact I'd only get a CDMA phone again if it's going to take forever to get an LTE Droid.
    10-30-10 11:34 PM
    Do the rumours say if the CDMA phone will be a World phone?

****. knowing Apple, they will design a single iPhone that will work on Verizon AND AT&T AND European GSM carriers.

That's possibly where this SIMless rumour comes in.
    10-30-10 11:47 PM
    I'm holding out for the first LTE BlackBerry!
    10-31-10 12:26 AM
    The ipad was released on Verizon on the 28th so getting the iphone had to become a reality on Verizon as well
    10-31-10 12:52 AM
    I'd be interested in this too. Maybe I will hold out for a bit before I use up my new-every-two.
    11-01-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD