Went to Verizon to check on upgrades and wasn't due for upgrade until september. However, being prior Alltel customer I was allowed to upgrade to a BB at 29.99 bogo (we got 2 BB 8530 Curve) with unlimited data pack. We did have to sign a new 2 year contract - but that was cool with me. I'm in SC but don't know about other states and what they are willing to do.

lovin my BB and would never go to anything else, well, except for a newer BB.
    06-07-10 10:44 PM
    Converted Alltel customers still using Alltel devices can upgrade to Verizon devices.
    06-08-10 06:16 PM
    Converted Alltel customers still using Alltel devices can upgrade to Verizon devices.
    ...and you can keep your Alltel plan, if you so desire.e

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 10:22 PM
    ...and you can keep your Alltel plan, if you so desire.e

Yes. When they are eligible. But the on going promo is to allow an early upgrade on any line not eligible for switching to VZW plans, which is what he may have been referring to.

06-09-10 12:20 AM
    Guarantee they put this person an a Verizon plan and he lost his Alltel plan.

They'll be back on here with a new thread when their bill comes in the mail and it's more expensive and they never totally understood what they were getting in to before they left the store.

I can see it now, Verizon screwed me over thread. Although I could be wrong.
    06-09-10 09:52 PM
    Guarantee they put this person an a Verizon plan and he lost his Alltel plan.

They'll be back on here with a new thread when their bill comes in the mail and it's more expensive and they never totally understood what they were getting in to before they left the store.

I can see it now, Verizon screwed me over thread. Although I could be wrong.
    We can't really tell from the OP WHAT plan they are on. I am sure they (VZW) certainly tried to put them on a VZW plan, because that's what the VZW reps try to do. For the multi-media user there might be an advantage to the VZW plan as, I believe, it gives you access to more VZW apps.

I stuck with the Alltel plan for the 12 friends and family numbers, nights and weekends starting at 7pm, and unlimited data and texting. As a business owner, the Alltel plan is better suited for me. On the surface, a VZW plan and an Alltel plan look comparable. However, when I look at my current phone, texting, and data usage, the VZW plan would cost me a lot more.

By the way, the My Verizon app is awesome. I frequently change my friends and family numbers and it is really handy to be able to do this on my Tour. Thanks VZW.
    06-10-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD