Well heres what happen....I've had nothing but problem with my tour. On my third tour they offered my a free device upgrade, which i took because i couldn't take it with the tour anymore. So the rep said i can get a Storm2, but that will add a few months onto my contract which was fine by me. So i receive the phone and put the old tour in the return box and tell my wife not to forget to drop it off at Fed-Ex.

Well guess what i see in the mini van? The Fed-Ex box. So will i be charge for the phone or will they just forget about it. since the Storm2 extended my contract? The shipment date was Jan 03. its been 8 business days so far. what should i do? Keep it and hope they dont charge me or send it in.
    02-16-10 08:05 PM
    I have had a bunch of replacements also on the Tour. From what i can remember you technically have 15 days to return it and thats that. If longer then they charge you Full retail until receive the replacement. You can still send it in and get the Full retail off but after 30 days they dont do anything and they leave the Full Retail on you Account. This again is all i can remember.
    02-16-10 08:12 PM
    So i can wait and see if they charge me, if they do i can just send it and they will clear the full retail charge off my account?
    02-16-10 08:15 PM
    My best bet would prob be to send it back and call them. i know its annoying but try to call them and tell them that you sent it but you did it late. See what they say. I was told once after 30 Days they WONT clear the charge BUT again thats all i can remember as to what the Rep told me
    02-16-10 08:19 PM
    Yeah maybe your right what am i gonna do with a gimp Tour anyways
    02-16-10 08:28 PM
    I think as long as you get it back you won't be charged for it. I'm pretty sure that my son was late in returning a replacement and we were still credited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 08:30 PM
    They are strict on the 30 day return. Don't wait, call and explain the situation. Hopefully your excuse is better than, "I forgot." You might get back, "well I'm sorry, but it's our policy." But it won't hurt to call. Don't sent the phone back until you hear what you're supposed to do...you may need to sell it to help pay off your bill.

If they won't remove the charge, keep the phone, as you just paid full retail. It can take up to two billing cycles to see the charge.

They won't forget it, since it is an automated process.
    02-16-10 10:12 PM
    yea,,juz send it back and call them
    02-16-10 10:23 PM
    They wont just forget about it. You will get a full retail charge on your bill. You do not get charged until 30 days so please send it back to avoid this trouble.
    02-16-10 10:47 PM
    Return after 10 days, charged full retail. You have a total of 90 days to return to have charge reversed. If you try to return after 90 days, then they won't accept it and the charge WON'T be reversed.
    02-17-10 01:11 AM
    The OP is past his 30 days. He had to have it back on Jan. 3rd. Correct me if I'm wrong, or did he mean to type Feb. 3?

@ OP, If you're still within your 30 days, you're still good...return it ASAP. If you aren't, good luck, and I would definately call Verizon and explain the situation.
    02-17-10 09:24 AM
    Return after 10 days, charged full retail. You have a total of 90 days to return to have charge reversed. If you try to return after 90 days, then they won't accept it and the charge WON'T be reversed.
    That's right.. After 90 days you better just keep the phone!
    02-17-10 09:36 AM
    Yea after the 90 days keep it and then try to sell it.
    02-17-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD