05-17-09 02:16 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    Fpatano:
    I just switched to ATT Bold, I love it. WiFi is fantastic. I see someone said vzw's 3G can get bursts up to 1.1mb. Yes but that's stationary, not while booking down the highway when you shouldn't be surfing anyway. Trust me OP, when I'm surfing the most is @ someones office waiting for a meeting or at home at night laying in bed and the WiFi is just plain sick fast.
    I agree... 3G can't touch wifi on my BOLD. Its sickening how much faster it is to use wifi vs 3G any chance I get.
    05-16-09 12:02 PM
    Here's a thought on the ******** and whining about Wi-Fi:

We have bred an entitlement mentality in this country. That coupled with the "need" for instant gratification demands that I get whatever I want whenever I want it. Carrying that narcissism to its logical conclusion, if you don't give me what I want you must somehow be a bad person/corporation. Nevermind the fact that what I want isnt really necessary, I want it and that's all that matters.

It's enough to make you puke. I have been working in wireless since I was 18. In the past nine years I have not had one single person over the age of 35 ask me about Wi-Fi on their phones. Incidentally, as was pointed out earlier, most of the folks asking me about Wi-Fi can be readily found at Starbucks, hence the perceived need for Wi-Fi.

There truthfully is no need for Wi-Fi service. If people were not so damn cheap we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

On a side and final note, if you dont think that we have an entitlement mentality in this country, consider the fact that the man in the White House presently, is the one that promised the most welfare.

I'm not really sure it's the people being cheap, when you consider that Verizon seems to be the one hindering the devices capabilities, and every provider hindering tethering to a laptop, but that is a completely different thread. Personally, I think the cell phone providers get more than their share for the service, **** AT&T gets almost $200 a month for my Bold and my wifes iPhone, and there are certain features you have to self enable on the iPhone to make it do even the simplest things. If you ask me, Apple is on it's way to becoming the next Microsoft, and we all know how that is going with people migrating slowly to Unix.
    05-16-09 12:10 PM
    Iand we all know how that is going with people migrating slowly to Unix.
    UNIX is so 1964 (Bell Labs, 1964).

The Linux/UNIX fad is over and only for the terminally geeky anti-establishment types. The hippies of the early 21st century.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 01:36 PM
    1st: bgr's credibility is not my expertise.
    Many of us are wondering what your expertise is in. You haven't revealed any evidence in expertise on anything and continue to take every slight opportunity to whine about the same thing. Its either gps or wifi or price or required data plan. Its getting old and you haven't posed a serious or valid point on any of it yet.

05-16-09 03:25 PM
    If anyone wants to give up some quality for a lower price, they can always go to Sprint or T-Mobile. There are about 79,998,400 people on VZW who value the quality. The remaining 1,600 are comprised of 1,397 pimple-faced kids upset that their parents don't get them an iPhone to be cool and 203 clueless troublemakers who frequent fansites trying to stir up trouble.

I keep trying to think that CB is different; that people come here to get assistance with a myriad of BlackBerry issues - but people here keep reminding me that many are beyond help.

I would guess some kind of EMT or something like that. There might not be a point. Some people ***** just to hear themselves talk.
    I'd not see an EMT. What I see is an unhappy individual venting anger - I would too if I had to clean bedpans, change sheets & bathe invalids all day.

05-16-09 07:09 PM
    Many of us are wondering what your expertise is in. You haven't revealed any evidence in expertise on anything and continue to take every slight opportunity to whine about the same thing. Its either gps or wifi or price or required data plan. Its getting old and you haven't posed a serious or valid point on any of it yet.

many of us? or just you and your 3 fans??

Its amazing how you bypass any sort of point I make and opt to tackle me on a personal level. I've never done that to you once. Guess when you have nothing smart to say, this is the result from your groupie
    05-17-09 09:23 AM
    Way ta drop that science baby.................
    05-17-09 02:02 PM
    Try actually posting a new point once in a while. Secondly, any time you would like to take me on head to head you are welcome to. I guarantee I have forgotten more about wireless than you ever even knew.

And no I don't need ad hominems to make a point or to feel smarter. Perhaps, though, you may want to call your local farmer and ask about the principle of sowing an reaping. It would seem that the harvest time is approaching and you are getting back exactly what you have given.
    you are so very wise beyond your years... however many years that is! It really shows!
    05-17-09 02:13 PM
    i have tmo and i have wi-fi on my phone i cant ever think of a time i use mine and i love tmo some ppl dont but i cant see paying the money for att that im not having to for tmo but hey everyone is diffrant.
    05-17-09 02:16 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD