08-19-09 06:24 PM
62 123
tools
    I think that all employees or anyone for that matter with a history for posting sensible information should keep the sanity level to a norm and be respectful to customers in specific. You wouldn't say these things over the phone or in person - so why say it DIRECTLY to a customer on a public forum? It would be different if the customer called you or came into your store and then blew up on you - then you could post that in the thread about things customers say.

I hear a lot of customers saying, "Well I heard on the internet.." And of course that builds up anger and then guess who gets to actually hear it?

All that should have been said here is the technical reasoning behind a higher plan and the benefits it includes. Show empathy and give them options other than what was given to them in the store. I've found that angry customers most of the time just want someone to "vent" to and gain some understanding for the issue at hand. Empathize, listen and educate.

Ya know this could work both ways: I could go on and on about the outsourced call centers and general VZW call centers that call themselves tech support and customer service - but I may offend some on here. It's amazing the NRB tickets created and the transfers I personally receive.
    08-18-09 03:10 AM
    Here is an example of how respect and understanding can go in a forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/who...plaint-293491/

OK thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate the honest help you have given as well as going into detail regarding the inner workings. You single-handedly have gone a long way into helping change my opinion of Verizon based on the treatment in the store. That's all I ever wanted ... to be treated like you have treated me over the course of this conversation. Thank you.
    That's from a conversation I had with a customer who originally wrote these lines:

Calling corporate doesn't help. They simply DO NOT care. They have us over the barrell ... they know it, and they LIKE it. They also delight in TELLING us that we have no choice. And for any multiple line BB (or other smartphone) customer, they are right.

I am SO SICK of Verizon. I cannot STAND it! Next month when hubby gets his bonus check, I am paying the $600 to be rid of them. They have lied over and over. I mean, I'm sure SOMEONE I've talked to has told the truth, but there is no way to know because the story changes each time you're in there or call. (And trust me, if it's something good, get it in writing or get it at that moment cause the next person you talk to will tell you that was a lie!)
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-18-09 at 03:16 AM.
    08-18-09 03:13 AM
    I have every sympathy for people who have real issues. A real issue is not someone who has returned 4 phones and is looking for the next best thing. A real issue is not someone who wants to upgrade 6 months early because they're bored of their current phone. Neither is someone who had to change their plan to get a certain phone when there are other phones out there that would not require this. These kinds of posts get real old, real quick and I'm not surprised at the kind of responses they produce. The "hostility" is aimed more at the ever increasing modern sense of entitlement and not to the customer base in general.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I understand where you are coming from. But surely, an employee on here is able to differenciate between those with real issues and those without, I assume??? I've seen the entitlement mentality and attitude by some customers, but if we have a debate about locked GPS, about the cost of texting, about monopoly control by companies like Verizon and other carriers, surely this is not about any sort of entitlement mentality. Discussions should not be capped off 100% of the time with the same "entitlement" argument. I think its fair to say that many of us, if not most of us are adults who have careers, families, etc. We are not pimple popping kids asking for freebees. Sometimes a humble explaination goes a long way even if the Verizon did nothing wrong. And out of all carriers, this is the one carrier that has the most employees who are this critical to their customers... al be it this is an informal setting. (you still represent yourselves as employees)
    08-18-09 06:40 AM
    This is to answer the OP's question. You are forced to change from your Americas Choice Plan to a Nationwide Plan because of data roaming. On the Americas Choice Plan you could not picture message or use other data features in an extended network area. Because Verizon wanted to maintain a competitive advantage and of course take advantage of a revenue stream that every other major carrier already does they entered into data roaming agreements with other carriers. Verizon pays other companies to use their towers in areas were we do not have coverage and it is not cost or time efficient to build them, now we just pay those companies a little bit more to use their data networks as well and that is being passed on to you the customer. If you use our data network now you will pay for it. Many people have been upset with it and quite frankly there is absolutley nothing you can do about it. No one you will ever be able to talk to, despite what Larry Gump says, will ever be able to do anything about it. You have four options:

1. Don't upgrade her phone
    2. Upgrade and block all data use
    3. Upgrade and pay as you go for data use
    4. Upgrade and add $15 per month to your bill for unlimited mb charges on her line

Hope this helps!
    08-18-09 07:21 AM
    As for the rep and customer bashing. Lots of customers and reps are idiots but both sides have to get over it because it is the nature of the beast. There are at least 2 people a day that make me wonder if everyone should reproduce but I can't say anything to them because they are my customer. Here on a forum though we are allowed to vent just like you. IMO, if you are offended by something you read on this forum and seriously want to protest over it you need to go out and read a newspaper there are lots of worthy causes out there that you can put your time and energy into. The reps that just started bashing the OP instead of taking time to answer the question need thicker skin. For the most part I cannot stand the needyness (if that is a word) of our customer base but this is the line of work I am in and you can't just tell everyone they are a stupid crybaby (but obviously some are). In this case though it sounds like the OP was given the what and not the why. I have found that if you give people the why they are more likely to understand, just my opinion.

Edit: Please do not get Rican Medic started on wifi.
    08-18-09 07:38 AM
    lol, to the contrary, I always thought locked GPS was a greater injustice than any lack of wifi.

But all the argument will be mute soon enough since GPS us autonamous and wifi looks like a definate.

It does seem like it takes Verizon a good year or 2 of profit making before they convert to fair practice, while the other carriers seem to get it years before hand. Guess profit always superseeds business ethics where big red is concerned... And no, this is not an "entitlement" mentality
    08-18-09 08:12 AM
    Edit: Please do not get Rican Medic started on wifi.
    Aw great - got him started on GPS.

08-18-09 08:17 AM
    Aw great - got him started on GPS.

aGPS STILL LOCKED!!!!!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-18-09 at 08:29 AM.
    08-18-09 08:24 AM
    aGPS STILL LOCKED!!!!!
    Guards, put the prisoner back in the aGPS block & this time, make sure his cell is LOCKED!!!

I sure love fun in the morning

08-18-09 08:34 AM
    lol, to the contrary, I always thought locked GPS was a greater injustice than any lack of wifi.

But all the argument will be mute soon enough since GPS us autonamous and wifi looks like a definate.

It does seem like it takes Verizon a good year or 2 of profit making before they convert to fair practice, while the other carriers seem to get it years before hand. Guess profit always superseeds business ethics where big red is concerned... And no, this is not an "entitlement" mentality
    At some point you just have ask yourself: How did Bruno not know that Darfive is the Rican Medic wifi/gps quest. As acting judge on this panel I sentence Rican Medic to spend half the time he spends crusading for wifi/gps at a soup kitchen while serving dinner. Ah ****, I can't do that to those people!
    08-18-09 08:35 AM
    This thread has gone about a million directions.

As for customer service and "the customer is always right" mentality associated with customer service, I like to point at Henry Ford who I believe said "if I asked my customers what they wanted, they would tell me a faster horse."

Point being that sometimes corporations have to take those leaps for the customer and only give them a limited number of options. I wouldn't expect Verizon to renew an outdated plan. It's nice enough that they keep the plans in place when they go out of date.

Last edited by mosipher; 08-19-09 at 06:07 PM.
    08-19-09 06:04 PM
    This is to answer the OP's question. You are forced to change from your Americas Choice Plan to a Nationwide Plan because of data roaming. On the Americas Choice Plan you could not picture message or use other data features in an extended network area. Because Verizon wanted to maintain a competitive advantage and of course take advantage of a revenue stream that every other major carrier already does they entered into data roaming agreements with other carriers. Verizon pays other companies to use their towers in areas were we do not have coverage and it is not cost or time efficient to build them, now we just pay those companies a little bit more to use their data networks as well and that is being passed on to you the customer. If you use our data network now you will pay for it. Many people have been upset with it and quite frankly there is absolutley nothing you can do about it. No one you will ever be able to talk to, despite what Larry Gump says, will ever be able to do anything about it. You have four options:

1. Don't upgrade her phone
    2. Upgrade and block all data use
    3. Upgrade and pay as you go for data use
    4. Upgrade and add $15 per month to your bill for unlimited mb charges on her line

Hope this helps!
    This is all anyone ever had to say to answer this question. Kudos to you for taking the time to do it concisely and politely.
    08-19-09 06:24 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD