08-19-09 06:24 PM
62 123
tools
    It just frusterates me ...
    sounds like some of the molasses i have to deal with on a regular basis...
    08-16-09 02:26 PM
    Pot ... kettle.

Just sayin'.
    Hmm... I'm nice as **** to customer's. I might come on here and say hey customer you aren't entiteled to**** so stop calling in. I know that a lot of times I come off a little offensive/brash. And have been told multiple times by mods to take it down a level so I have been trying... So maybe I am an ******* on here but this is a public forum... I would never treat a CSR, cableman, anyone the way ppl treat us. I don't call toyota and curse them out because my car won't start, I would rather be easygoing when I need help because I'm the one that needs help and I don't feel self-entitled to the best service.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-18-09 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Langauge
    08-16-09 02:31 PM
    See thats what I said... At least I'm not alone here... for a while I thought I was.
    You're not alone, some of us understand what its like.
    08-16-09 02:33 PM
    Hmm... I'm nice as **** to customer's. I might come on here and say hey customer you aren't entiteled to **** so stop calling in. I know that a lot of times I come off a little offensive/brash. And have been told multiple times by mods to take it down a level so I have been trying... So maybe I am an ******* on here but this is a public forum... I would never treat a CSR, cableman, anyone the way ppl treat us. I don't call toyota and curse them out because my car won't start, I would rather be easygoing when I need help because I'm the one that needs help and I don't feel self-entitled to the best service.

No, actually u tell people to "keep calling in" and give other various poor advice. I hope you push it too far and get banned by the mods.
    08-16-09 02:43 PM
    It was just upsetting considering I wasnt the first person who said something, but because I happen to work for verizon I was where the stones were thrown. Besides the fact that I was the only one logged in for most the day.
    I've been bored. LOL
    08-16-09 02:46 PM
    Is there a question here? Do you need a tissue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lmaooooo

08-16-09 02:47 PM
    I think that even though this is a public forum we still need to represent the company in a positive light. There obviously is more freedom on here but Verizon Employees still should try to be respectful and helpful.
    08-16-09 03:12 PM
    . He was venting.
    And stated in the topic "forced", which no one is forced to do anything, as Heather said.
    08-16-09 06:06 PM
    Doesn't work like that. The device is not compatible with the plan. Get the Nationwide 550 Loyalty plan for $59, done.
    Basically, what this person said.

There will always be a "minimalist" plan of sorts for those non-talkers out there. But yes, for the sake of the tech, you will have to change your plan to SOMETHING nationwide.

Stores aren't typically going to put you on the minimalist plans because they get no commission for doing so. Many don't even know about them. You may have to ring up the call center and mail order the phone.
    08-16-09 07:14 PM
    Man,this thread went to h*ll fast.

Last edited by ERed; 08-16-09 at 07:44 PM.
    08-16-09 07:42 PM
    back on topic lol....

Some phones are not compatible with some plans. if you buy and ENV3, nobody cares where you got it or how much you paid, if its not compatible with the plan, its not compatible.

If you are grandfathered into a plan (someone mentioned the unlim BBA plan and a mifi...) and the device can be added to that plan, there is no need to change. When a rep processes a sale, it says the current plan and gives you the option to change it. as long as the rep doesnt change it, it remains the same. Therefore, since the mifi is compatible with that old unlim BBA plan, you dont have to change it. If its not compatible, then the rep must change it.

any other questions before this gets thrown way off topic again?
    08-16-09 07:56 PM
    Stores aren't typically going to put you on the minimalist plans because they get no commission for doing so.
    Are you aware of how commissions work for VZW? no matter what the plan, the reps do make commissions off of it. Yes, they make more off of higher plans, but the difference between the 59.99 plan and 69.99 plan so minimal that the rep really wouldnt care about doing it... the main reason i can see a rep giving a customer a hard time about it is because they dont know how to locate that plan, since it isnt in the same section as the other plans.
    08-16-09 08:00 PM
    Are you aware of how commissions work for VZW? no matter what the plan, the reps do make commissions off of it. Yes, they make more off of higher plans, but the difference between the 59.99 plan and 69.99 plan so minimal that the rep really wouldnt care about doing it... the main reason i can see a rep giving a customer a hard time about it is because they dont know how to locate that plan, since it isnt in the same section as the other plans.
    Yeah, but we're talking save plans. At least in the past, I believe save plans were not eligible. If things have changed since then, that's fine, but at least here in the call centers, we don't usually have any reason to check on stuff like that.
    08-16-09 09:41 PM
    Yeah, but we're talking save plans. At least in the past, I believe save plans were not eligible. If things have changed since then, that's fine, but at least here in the call centers, we don't usually have any reason to check on stuff like that.
    yeah, any plan now is able to be paid on, pending certain conditions of course. cost of the plan has no impact on wether or not a rep can be paid on it
    08-16-09 09:43 PM
    I find it entertaining that people who admit to being Verizon employees would be such crass *******. You work in the CUSTOMER Service industry. It isn't about YOU. I work in EMS and if I complained about every drunk/lazy ***/medicaid pos that got in the back of my truck, I'd be out of a job. If doing your job gives you so much resentment, get a different one. I hear Walmart is hiring(and requires just as much technical training and know how).

No one is impressed by your attitude. He was venting. He doesn't want something for free. Instead you could have all came in here and actually explained what was incompatible with his current plan. Don't assume he knows, and don't assume he is trying to game the system.
    I agree with ya bud. A lot Big Reds folks on here are a bit.... hostile! ... to say the least! It doesnt make them look good and it definately doesnt make big red look good.

I vent about the healthcare industry all the time, but at the end of the day, venting comes in a lump sum game (meaning no individual critisizm). Sometimes there are funny ED stories, interesting house calls, uneducated patients, etc.... but we keep our emotions in check and remember that regardless of the masses, everyone is an individual and us as healthcare providors should not pass judgement on an individual, or at least too strongly anyway. Its sort of like "water off a ducks back." If it wasn't that way, then why would we do it right? Why shoot out there on a code 3 (or 1 depending on ur state ) risk a major accident, just to save ungreatful people that may just turn around and spit on your face.

Now there isn't NEARLY as much of this stress in an industry as .... lets say.... Verizon Wireless customer support (I would imagine anyway). And for some of the VZ employees on here... well... lets just hope that being a CS rep pays em that much that warrants the insane attitude toward customers on here with honest issues. Its a one sided game with them. Everything is fair, Verizon can do no wrong, and every customer who complains is either cheap, or wants something for free!

And frankly, the mindset is rather sickning...
    08-16-09 11:47 PM
    now that reply was for 2 pages back .... but

take it for what its worth
    08-16-09 11:59 PM
    It was just upsetting considering I wasnt the first person who said something, but because I happen to work for verizon I was where the stones were thrown. Besides the fact that I was the only one logged in for most the day.
    I've been bored. LOL
    Apologies, Heather. My response wasn't specifically aimed at you; more at the seemingly large number of VZW employees/agents that think it's ok to abuse the customer behind the anonymity of the internet. It's not terribly hard to figure out who works for them around here.

I'm a big fan of Verizon, having service through them since I got my first Motorola MicroTAC. It's depressing to see how some VZW reps actually feel about their customers

(and yes, I'll take that tissue )
    08-17-09 11:20 AM
    There's a large divide between sarcasm and abuse.

Hmm. If you responded to a customer with the "Do you want a tissue?" comment in front of VZW management, I think you'd find out that the divide is about 1 foot wide . . . that being the width of the foot that is kicking your backside out to the unemployment line.
    08-17-09 03:06 PM
    Thats why he says it on here... Sure its rude but he would never say it to a customer...
    Unless he was muted... I've had many a ramblings on mute that could get me tossed.
    08-17-09 03:08 PM
    I agree with ya bud. A lot Big Reds folks on here are a bit.... hostile! ... to say the least! It doesnt make them look good and it definately doesnt make big red look good.

I vent about the healthcare industry all the time, but at the end of the day, venting comes in a lump sum game (meaning no individual critisizm). Sometimes there are funny ED stories, interesting house calls, uneducated patients, etc.... but we keep our emotions in check and remember that regardless of the masses, everyone is an individual and us as healthcare providors should not pass judgement on an individual, or at least too strongly anyway. Its sort of like "water off a ducks back." If it wasn't that way, then why would we do it right? Why shoot out there on a code 3 (or 1 depending on ur state ) risk a major accident, just to save ungreatful people that may just turn around and spit on your face.

Now there isn't NEARLY as much of this stress in an industry as .... lets say.... Verizon Wireless customer support (I would imagine anyway). And for some of the VZ employees on here... well... lets just hope that being a CS rep pays em that much that warrants the insane attitude toward customers on here with honest issues. Its a one sided game with them. Everything is fair, Verizon can do no wrong, and every customer who complains is either cheap, or wants something for free!

And frankly, the mindset is rather sickning...
    I dont understand why anyone thinks their job is harder than anyone else's.

I personally have fun doing this, I get people like the OP who think we "are out to get the" and I have people who become friends rather quickly with me.

I dont get blisters on my hands, or danger of being in the sun too long, or even worse, shot at.....but its still a place where people do frustrate me.

EMS is a tough job, but its a job that he chose, he applied, went to an interview, training and has worked there, and still through that, still does it. I cant believe that anyone(short of being downright rude) is taken to task, for saying what they feel in response to someone "venting"

The OP wants the same plan as he has before, and when others gave him a solution, he really ignored it.

I dont think what heather said was wrong in any way, as like she said, the word forced makes the whole "venting" thing a lot more than it should be.
    08-17-09 04:25 PM
    I dont understand why anyone thinks their job is harder than anyone else's.

I personally have fun doing this, I get people like the OP who think we "are out to get the" and I have people who become friends rather quickly with me.

I dont get blisters on my hands, or danger of being in the sun too long, or even worse, shot at.....but its still a place where people do frustrate me.

EMS is a tough job, but its a job that he chose, he applied, went to an interview, training and has worked there, and still through that, still does it. I cant believe that anyone(short of being downright rude) is taken to task, for saying what they feel in response to someone "venting"

The OP wants the same plan as he has before, and when others gave him a solution, he really ignored it.

I dont think what heather said was wrong in any way, as like she said, the word forced makes the whole "venting" thing a lot more than it should be.
    first, there are jobs that are absolutely harder than other jobs! And I respect those who do them greatly! These days I work in an office evaluating children with psycho and sometimes social problems. A far cry from a few years ago when I worked as a flight medic for a level 1 trauma center. And I know your post was not hostile by any stretch, but you cant sit here and say 2 jobs are the same, or have the same impact. They do not!

2nd, the OPs concern was warranted, but the reasoning for the plan change was also understandable. My point is that when customers have concerns, employees on here have a "get over it" or a "what, you want something for free" mentality and for it to be a mind set thats so across the board whenever someone has a concern is ignorant and shows an uneducated hostility that seems to be masked only by the fact that these people are hiding behind a forum.

EMS is a very tough job. So is police, so is fire, so is construction, etc. And I in NO WAY want to compare ANY line or work with another. The only reason I included my line of work with this is because even us, with the stress we have, typically don't hold this sort of attitude or grudge in our customers that appears to be shown by VZW representatives on here when it comes to their customers concerns.

I have strong support for VZW customer support. I think its 5 star and I have never had a problem with them in the maybe 10+ years I have been with them. But I just pray that the attitude and responses I see on here are limited to the few and not the many who do such a great job in keeping us loyal and happy with our services and devices.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-17-09 at 04:58 PM.
    08-17-09 04:48 PM
    I was not referring to that particular statement.

I assumed you were responding to my use of the term "abuse."

Which of course was in reference to the comments made by VZW representatives in this thread.

If that's not the case, perhaps you should consider using the "quote" feature when posting to eliminate ambiguity.

08-17-09 04:55 PM
    first, there are jobs that are absolutely harder than other jobs! And I respect those who do them greatly! These days I work in an office evaluating children with psycho and sometimes social problems. A far cry from a few years ago when I worked as a flight medic for a level 1 trauma center. And I know your post was not hostile by any stretch, but you cant sit here and say 2 jobs are the same, or have the same impact. They do not!

2nd, the OPs concern was warranted, but the reasoning for the plan change was also understandable. My point is that when customers have concerns, employees on here have a "get over it" or a "what, you want something for free" mentality and for it to be a mind set thats so across the board whenever someone has a concern is ignorant and shows an uneducated hostility that seems to be masked only by the fact that these people are hiding behind a forum.

EMS is a very tough job. So is police, so is fire, so is construction, etc. And I in NO WAY want to compare ANY line or work with another. The only reason I included my line of work with this is because even us, with the stress we have, typically don't hold this sort of attitude or grudge in our customers that appears to be shown by VZW representatives on here when it comes to their customers concerns.

I have strong support for VZW customer support. I think its 5 star and I have never had a problem with them in the maybe 10+ years I have been with them. But I just pray that the attitude and responses I see on here are limited to the few and not the many who do such a great job in keeping us loyal and happy with our services and devices.

To compare jobs, would be comparing apples and oranges. Its a silly comparison to me. Michael Jordan couldnt hit a curveball, but was the greatest basketball player of all time, Which job is harder? It depends on the person. Thats why I think it is unfair to compare them, neither here nor there, imo.

Second, The OP, came in like someone had put a gun to his head, and told him what he was doing. Read it again, it is in no way an attempt to "ask for help"

So, you dont compare those jobs, but you are saying that because we vent on here, that we must take our jobs for granted? Im confused with your line of reasoning, as it sounds like you are pointing the finger saying "my job is harder than yours".
    I may be misinterpreting that though, so I wont make a big deal about it.

Also, just so you know, a lot of us are people, we get frustrated, and angry, and say it more often than we do. Once again, I like my job, I like talking to people, and dont really take what op had to say to heart.

Doesnt mean he wasnt wrong in saying he was "forced" to do something.

Also, I love how the same person(not you) who said, we should be more caring called us a couple names in his same post.
    08-17-09 05:10 PM
    I'm not sure what is so damn hard to grasp here. You are making this harder than it ever had to me. The OP came in here mad because the store had not adequately explained it to him and because of that he felt like he was getting screwed. Your responses were to do nothing other than *****. No one ever gave a concise, polite response that explained the problem and the solution all in one post. For someone that doesn't know how the system works to understand you using back end terminology is insane.

You assume everyone on crackberry has a full understanding of how it works. Be polite and explain it. When you come in here, admitting you are a verizon employee, acting the way you are, you are putting great shame on a company that I have had great luck with over the years. Every time i see one of these posts come up I cringe because I know just how you will all act.

It isn't about YOU. It is about the customer. If you decided that you need to make it public you are a verizon employee then you should attempt to do so in a good light, not ******** and moaning about every time someone has a gripe with service. You weren't at the store he was at and you have no idea the attitude in which he was addressed. Complaints aren't always because someone didn't get their way. If you don't educate someone about a change, they are rarely going to like it. Not EVERYONE is a power user.
    08-17-09 05:47 PM
    To compare jobs, would be comparing apples and oranges. Its a silly comparison to me. Michael Jordan couldnt hit a curveball, but was the greatest basketball player of all time, Which job is harder? It depends on the person. Thats why I think it is unfair to compare them, neither here nor there, imo.

Second, The OP, came in like someone had put a gun to his head, and told him what he was doing. Read it again, it is in no way an attempt to "ask for help"

So, you dont compare those jobs, but you are saying that because we vent on here, that we must take our jobs for granted? Im confused with your line of reasoning, as it sounds like you are pointing the finger saying "my job is harder than yours".
    I may be misinterpreting that though, so I wont make a big deal about it.

Also, just so you know, a lot of us are people, we get frustrated, and angry, and say it more often than we do. Once again, I like my job, I like talking to people, and dont really take what op had to say to heart.

Doesnt mean he wasnt wrong in saying he was "forced" to do something.

Also, I love how the same person(not you) who said, we should be more caring called us a couple names in his same post.
    forget job comparisons... I never wanted this discussion to be about that. You lost my point and I take it that you will never grasp the comparison I was making.

I am one that argues about locked GPS, no wifi, Verizon's tactics in the past, and whenever I hear someone talk about a problem they have, I listen and most of the time understand that their issue is sincere and deserves a sincere explaination or response. 9 times out of 10, the response to people and the response to me is that we are cheap or want something for free! 9 times out of 10, it turns political with most employees appearing to use right wing redoric. So job comparison aside, it just seems that VZW employees who actively call themselves VZW employees on here, hold a very distasteful attitude toward any customer issue, whether its sincere, makes sense, or not! Not everyone wants something for free. But when there is an issue, it seems like that is the same argument being made time and time again.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-17-09 at 11:23 PM.
    08-17-09 08:29 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD