08-19-09 06:24 PM
62 123
tools
    just left the vzw store. My wife is eligible for her upgrade, so we went today only to find out that the phone she wants "requires" us to upgrade our plan as well since "new phones won't activate with old plans," we were told. My wife wants an enV3 and the only phone the rep said we could activate is a phone that is worse than the one she has.

Our current plan is family share 500 minutes. which we barely even get close to using 400. Now we would have to get a 700 minute plan and pay ten dollars more a month for absolutely no reason!

I wasn't required to upgrade my plan when I got my Storm in jan/feb. This is complete BS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 07:28 PM
    Is there a question here? Do you need a tissue?

08-15-09 07:34 PM
    carriers (at least in the uk) are not obliged to provide the same plan indefinitely. They are subject to changes over a period as new products are introduced and old ones phased out. It'll be in the terms and connditions of your contract somewhere probably...

08-15-09 07:36 PM

:-) lol!! that appeared as I was writing my relpy... Well said.

08-15-09 07:37 PM
    just left the vzw store. My wife is eligible for her upgrade, so we went today only to find out that the phone she wants "requires" us to upgrade our plan as well since "new phones won't activate with old plans," we were told. My wife wants an enV3 and the only phone the rep said we could activate is a phone that is worse than the one she has.

Our current plan is family share 500 minutes. which we barely even get close to using 400. Now we would have to get a 700 minute plan and pay ten dollars more a month for absolutely no reason!

I wasn't required to upgrade my plan when I got my Storm in jan/feb. This is complete BS.

Thats how they get you. I havent seen a 500min family share plan and Ive had one for almost 4 years now. It sucks but thats how they do business. You could buy a device on eBay and avoid this altogether. I believe that the plan change is only required for an upgrade(NE2) and not just for adding a new device.
    08-15-09 07:48 PM
    Even if you buy an env3 on ebay it won't activate unless you switch.
    08-15-09 08:03 PM

lol true get him a tissue
    08-15-09 08:24 PM
    Thats how they get you. I havent seen a 500min family share plan and Ive had one for almost 4 years now. It sucks but thats how they do business. You could buy a device on eBay and avoid this altogether. I believe that the plan change is only required for an upgrade(NE2) and not just for adding a new device.
    Doesn't work like that. The device is not compatible with the plan. Get the Nationwide 550 Loyalty plan for $59, done.
    08-15-09 08:27 PM
    Thats how they get you.
    Oh no ones trying to get anyone. The upgrade the OP speaks of is from Americas Choice to the Nationwide plan, which bills data use at 1.99/mb. The Env 3 has a lot of enhanced features now, including an html browser and the ability to send and receive exchange email and open attachments. Its for a specific user, chance are, his wife won't even need/use 1/3 of the features the phone offers. Which means they could get away with a much simpler phone that won't require that upgrade.
    08-15-09 10:06 PM
    lol true get him a tissue
    Can't a guy vent? Geez. I'm sorry for not wanting to needlessly waste extra money every month.

08-15-09 11:03 PM
    Can't a guy vent? Geez. I'm sorry for not wanting to needlessly waste extra money every month.

Like someone else told you, you don't have to spend extra money. We still have a loyalty plan that is 59.99 a month, which I believe is what you pay now, and you get fifty more minutes. You have to be aware of data usage, however.
    08-16-09 09:01 AM
    "Not compatible with the plan" must be questioned, I have an Alltel plan and was able to buy any smartphone they offer.
    So please explain why a Tour works with an Alltel plan but a EnV3 will not work with a VZW plan??

Anybody.
    08-16-09 09:42 AM
    Oh no ones trying to get anyone. The upgrade the OP speaks of is from Americas Choice to the Nationwide plan, which bills data use at 1.99/mb. The Env 3 has a lot of enhanced features now, including an html browser and the ability to send and receive exchange email and open attachments. Its for a specific user, chance are, his wife won't even need/use 1/3 of the features the phone offers. Which means they could get away with a much simpler phone that won't require that upgrade.
    Well, if he'd of been able to stay on the other phone plan... he'd come over and complain about how is he going over min when he didnt use them she was using data... so he's gonna complain anyway.. lets let him.

OH, and nobody is ever FORCED to do anything. Theres always the option of just staying with the same phone/plan..
    I think buying retail allows for the plan to stay the same... thats why a lot of people on the grandfathered unlimited broadband plans have been buying the mifi's retail.
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-16-09 at 09:53 AM.
    08-16-09 09:46 AM
    Well, if he'd of been able to stay on the other phone plan... he'd come over and complain about how is he going over min when he didnt use them she was using data... so he's gonna complain anyway.. lets let him.

You work in the CUSTOMER Service industry. It isn't about YOU. I work in EMS and if I complained about every drunk/lazy ***/medicaid pos that got in the back of my truck, I'd be out of a job. If doing your job gives you so much resentment, get a different one. I hear Walmart is hiring(and requires just as much technical training and know how).

No one is impressed by your attitude. He was venting. He doesn't want something for free. Instead you could have all came in here and actually explained what was incompatible with his current plan. Don't assume he knows, and don't assume he is trying to game the system.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-18-09 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Language/Personal Attack
    08-16-09 09:56 AM
    This isnt customer service. Its a standard forum. This is where we can vent how we feel sometimes. Sorry if you're offended.
    I just cant abide people who think they are being forced to do something when we dont hold a gun to their head.

oh and im not customer servc
    I give em kudos for what they deal with.
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-16-09 at 11:52 AM.
    08-16-09 10:48 AM

actually there is a plan for the same amount of money and you would get 50 more minutes. Its the nationwide loyalty 550 family plan. Yes you have to change from americas choice to nationwide but you wont have to pay anymore. Call CS or PM me and i can help you take care of your issue.
    08-16-09 11:05 AM
    "Not compatible with the plan" must be questioned, I have an Alltel plan and was able to buy any smartphone they offer.
    So please explain why a Tour works with an Alltel plan but a EnV3 will not work with a VZW plan??

Anybody.
    Apples and orangutans, smartphones don't have to switch due to the separate data plans. If you wanted an enV3, you wouldn't be able to keep your legacy calling plan either.
    08-16-09 11:18 AM
    I still say get them a tissue ! Lol but yeah you can vent too

08-16-09 12:09 PM
    This isnt customer service. Its a standard forum. This is where we can vent how we feel sometimes. Sorry if you're offended.
    I just cant abide people who think they are being forced to do something when we dont hold a gun to their head.

oh and im not customer servc
    I give em kudos for what they deal with.
    You may not be CS, but from your other posts it's pretty obvious you work in some capacity for VZW (either as an employee or as an agent). While you may feel it's perfectly OK to vent, remember that this a public forum, and that your attitude only gives ammunition to those that already have a dim view of VZW sales and service.

The OP expressed some concern that a change in plan was required to obtain a new phone, and that the cheapest new plan available was overkill for his usage patterns. From a customer's perspective, I think it's a reasonable concern, especially when the mentioned "loyalty plan" alternative wasn't offered at the time of sale.

Why do so many feel the need to insult him for it?
    08-16-09 01:04 PM
    You may not be CS, but from your other posts it's pretty obvious you work in some capacity for VZW (either as an employee or as an agent). While you may feel it's perfectly OK to vent, remember that this a public forum, and that your attitude only gives ammunition to those that already have a dim view of VZW sales and service.

The OP expressed some concern that a change in plan was required to obtain a new phone, and that the cheapest new plan available was overkill for his usage patterns. From a customer's perspective, I think it's a reasonable concern, especially when the mentioned "loyalty plan" alternative wasn't offered at the time of sale.

Why do so many feel the need to insult him for it?
    Great thoughts Dodge. A lot of people think it is okay to do whatever they want outside of work but the minute you represent yourself as an employee of a particular company, you then are held up as a representative of that company and should conduct yourself as such, especially if it is in the same line as the company you work for. Throw in real names and it is doubled.

If you want to vent online, don't ever tell anyone who you work for I can vent because I don't work for verizon and am not shortsighted enough to say where I work.

08-16-09 01:11 PM
    I'm not trying to discount how he's feeling. Store reps are a little different when it comes to what they try to offer.. generally they give no options. CUSTOMER CARE may have more info but generally the more seasoned employees would know to give these options. Technical support rarely deals with the price plans features ect enless they are not working.
    Again; I would sympathize with the customer if he didnt just come in and claim he was FORCED into anything.
    It just frusterates me when someone makes it seem as if we are picking on them by themselves. It happens to a lot of customers; aka alltel customers who just need a replacement phone or wish to upgrade and "forced" into verizon plans. They arent forced, they have a CHOICE to upgrade and change, or stay with what they have. Concessions can most likely be made, I'm just tired of hearing that we (verizon) are big hatemongers who want to take your money and arent giving anything back. $10 more a month is very little compared to the discounts given for the phones.
    The env3 sells retail for 299.99.. whats the discounted price for it? 129.99?

I'm not going to argue the point... OP, I'm sorry if I sound crass but this is where I stand as I know a majority of my collegues do..
    I hope things can be straightened out.
    08-16-09 01:14 PM
    Or maybe I'm just feeling bitter and cranky today. I dont know.
    I know its a public forum and people just need to learn to have a thicker skin.
    I certainly have. Ive been razzed by Twins enough ( as a lot of others have ) to learn to give a grain of salt.
    Please, I'm not the only tech rep here who's said something cross eyed to a complaining customer.

aka
    thread titled "Things customers do to make us laugh"
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-16-09 at 01:32 PM.
    08-16-09 01:29 PM
    I find it entertaining that people who admit to being Verizon employees would be such crass dickheads. You work in the CUSTOMER Service industry. It isn't about YOU. I work in EMS and if I complained about every drunk/lazy ***/medicaid pos that got in the back of my truck, I'd be out of a job. If doing your job gives you so much resentment, get a different one. I hear Walmart is hiring(and requires just as much technical training and know how).

No one is impressed by your attitude. He was venting. He doesn't want something for free. Instead you could have all came in here and actually explained what was incompatible with his current plan. Don't assume he knows, and don't assume he is trying to game the system.
    You come on here a lot just complaining about how much b.s. you have to put up with as EMS... Good for you here's a cookie now move on. A lot of customer's are ********. Simple as that. Most of us on here aren't Customer Service. There is a place to vent on here (rants and raves) do it there?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-18-09 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Language
    08-16-09 02:02 PM
    A lot of customer's are ********.
    Pot ... kettle.

Just sayin'.
    08-16-09 02:05 PM
    You come on here a lot just complaining about how much b.s. you have to put up with as EMS... Good for you here's a damn cookie now move on. A lot of customer's are assholes. Simple as that. Most of us on here aren't Customer Service. There is a place to vent on here (rants and raves) do it there?
    See thats what I said... At least I'm not alone here... for a while I thought I was.
    08-16-09 02:10 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD