I have a alltell work phone and a vznpersonal BB. My office does not get very good service for vzn but great service for alltell. Is there a way to get my bb to use the alltell tower while at work?
    09-16-09 08:20 AM
    I had the same problem with my phone. After several complaints to CS and the store reps they "forced" it to recognize the other towers. The problem is that they took the phone in the back - so I don't know what they did (unlocked it maybe). In any case I grew tired of the phone and swapped it out for the storm and need to do the same to it - if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help as CS is horrible
    09-16-09 08:35 AM
    Well at least there is a fix, now if someone can tell us how to do it.
    09-16-09 09:12 AM
    you have to get a hybrid PRL pushed from CS but they are not for vzw phones because you will no longer see the vzw network as your home network so getting it pushed will probably not work.
    09-16-09 09:14 AM
    so I can't fix my phone?
    09-16-09 09:51 AM
    There is really nothing to fix... alltel and vzw alredy roamed off each other, I am confused on how it would be a fix.. your vzw phone never had service there so why would that change? if the alltel market you are in at work was sold to vzw then once they complete the merger you will have service there but until then its kind of a waiting game
    09-16-09 11:28 AM
    Lets move this thread to the Verizon Forum, maybe reps there can help?
    09-16-09 11:31 AM
    ok, thanks for the move.
    If they already roamed off of each other then I should have service there. But there is none.
    09-16-09 11:46 AM
    ok, thanks for the move.
    If they already roamed off of each other then I should have service there. But there is none.
    which i cant explain but they do roam off each other
    09-16-09 11:50 AM
    I work in a vzw area and live in an alltel area.. at work I get 1XEV on vzw, at home on alltel I get 1X
    09-16-09 11:51 AM
    so is there a way to force the phone to look for 1x?
    09-16-09 12:01 PM
    it should automatically you could try doing *228 option 2 see if that helps doubt it but who knowsl... I am sure some rep will come in shortly and tell you it can be done and how to do it but when you go from 1XEV to 1X on vzw remember its what you wanted sorry can be of more assistance but I am not going to speculate to much on how to fix an issue I am not having. If I was in the area maybe I could help but as of right now I would say let it go until the merger is complete, your at work and you have a work phone why do you need your personal too?
    09-16-09 12:04 PM
    I have a alltell work phone and a vznpersonal BB. My office does not get very good service for vzn but great service for alltell. Is there a way to get my bb to use the alltell tower while at work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 12:27 PM
    your at work and you have a work phone why do you need your personal too?
    Alot of the people I deal with have my personal phone number as well as work, but no matter how many times you tell them to call the work number they still call the other number.
    09-16-09 12:28 PM
    Alot of the people I deal with have my personal phone number as well as work, but no matter how many times you tell them to call the work number they still call the other number.
    this is just an idea and I hope I am not coming off as rude .. you could try google voice.. or set your personal phone to forward to your work?
    09-16-09 12:32 PM
    You could just call VZW and see what they can do as opposed to listening to what ppl think might work.
    09-16-09 12:38 PM
    You could just call VZW and see what they can do as opposed to listening to what ppl think might work.
    pretty sure he said he did that, or at least thought he did
    09-16-09 12:45 PM
    I do use google voice. Thanks for everyone's help!
    09-16-09 01:01 PM
    I do use google voice. Thanks for everyone's help!
    if you have google voice you can set those calls to be routed to your work handset
    09-16-09 01:05 PM
    pretty sure he said he did that, or at least thought he did
    A quick read over the thread will tell you he/she didn't.
    09-16-09 01:13 PM
    To OP:
    I believe you can have a Hybrid PRL pushed to you, even if you didn't convert from Verizon. I believe exceptions can be made to heritage Verizon customers, but I'm not positive...
    09-16-09 04:51 PM
    you have to get a hybrid PRL pushed from CS but they are not for vzw phones because you will no longer see the vzw network as your home network so getting it pushed will probably not work.
    I think this is what they did to my original phone - I was no longer able to use the *611, *228, etc. to get the help lines (but it did work in getting me the reception I had prior to switching services) Is this something I can do myself or does CS have to do it?
    09-16-09 06:25 PM
    I have 4 phones on a VZW family plan, 2 BB's a Storm, a Tour, and 2 flip phones. When we purchased the Tour from the local corporate store, I was chatting with the store tech person and we got talking about the Alltel towers and when they would be incorporated into the VZW PRL's. Long story short they were able to put the Alltel towers on all 4 of our phones so our phones will recognize the Alltel towers. I have since had to replace my Storm under warranty and after getting my replacement I had to call the store and they were able to push out this updated PRL. *228 does not do this, in fact they told us NOT to *228 our phones until the VZW integration of Alltel completes in our area, and there was no estimated time when this would be done. They said if we *228 we would loose these towers. I get much better reception in my house now, it holds EVDO now, and would not do that on VZW towers, instead it would be mostly on 1X unless it was a good day. Sorry if this is confusing, tried to explain best I could. I would contact your local corporate store and ask them about it. I live in Southeastern MN so not sure if it applies to you or not?
    09-16-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD