I looking to upgrade to a new phone and am thinking about going with a BB. I am upgrading from a Dare and not sure if I want to go with the Storm with all the negative things I have read and heard about the screen.

So basically my question is would the Storm or the Tour be better for a BB virgin?
    07-10-09 04:45 PM
    Well you already have the Tour listed in your profile so i would suggest that you stick with your first choice. Plus, have you seen the reviews and comments on the Storm? Or the Storm raves and rants forum?
    07-10-09 04:49 PM
    Do yourself a favor and go with a qwerty keyboard device.
    07-10-09 04:51 PM
    Do yourself a favor and go with a qwerty keyboard device.
    Last time I checked the storm has a qwerty keyboard. Now the difference is touch or not touch
    07-10-09 05:18 PM
    Last time I checked the storm has a qwerty keyboard. Now the difference is touch or not touch
    OMG, do you really have to be a stickler? Ok, correction, Do yourself a favor and go with a physical keyboard.

YAY, I did it!
    07-10-09 05:23 PM
    OMG, do you really have to be a stickler? Ok, correction, Do yourself a favor and go with a physical keyboard.

YAY, I did it!
    only for the sake of humor in this case.
    07-10-09 05:24 PM
    only for the sake of humor in this case.
    It's all good!
    07-10-09 05:25 PM
    Storm isn't a bad phone. With some of the revisions I have found in .151 I have confidence that it's heading in an even better direction. Though the Tour will probably be more "stable" the Storm does still have a cool factor and is not as terrible as most people put on it. I am sure i'll get reamed for such an atrocious opinion, but I don't mind playing the devil's advocate. :]
    07-10-09 06:01 PM
    only for the sake
    Hitting the Oriental wine & spirits again?

So basically my question is would the Storm or the Tour be better for a BB virgin?
    Yes, the enV Touch would be a good choice.

So if we get a Tour, we can't touch it?

Well, the Storm does have a physical keyboard. It even rattles & clicks!

ORNERY

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 06:05 PM
    Storm isn't a bad phone.
    One of the biggesr decisions one has to make is whether you're more comfortable with a waffle against your face or a brick.

I grab a Storm & immediately look for the mortar...

07-10-09 06:08 PM
    Look, you're always going to find people who hate one phone or another. Persoanally, I like the storm. The touch screen takes some getting use to but, once you learn it well, it moves quick. I have had mine since December and been through a few os upgrades (no big deal), and several app install and de-installs. All in all it's a very good phone and only getting better. Try them out, return them if you do not like them.
    07-10-09 06:10 PM
    One of the biggesr decisions one has to make is whether you're more comfortable with a waffle against your face or a brick.

I grab a Storm & immediately look for the mortar...
    Now that's funny!
    07-10-09 06:13 PM
    So if we get a Tour, we can't touch it?

ORNERY

no YOU cannot touch it - it is in the TOS. You need to leave it on mantle and it will just stare at you like the stack of Geico money
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-10-09 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo
    07-10-09 06:33 PM
    I only put the Tour as my phone because it was the newest. As for trying I was thinking about trying the Storm because I have the Dare and am used to the touch screen and if I don't like it swap it out for the Tour. I was kind of looking for an opinion for a first time user stand point.
    07-10-09 06:39 PM
    There is no "bad" or "good" phone for a first time bb user. All of them function basically (note I said BASICALLY, not EXACTLY for all those sticklers out there ) the same. And all of them are totally different from what you are familiar with in the "dumb" phone world.

I would say try them both out at the store before buying, then try to find some friends with Storms to play with the touch screen, and then get either one. If you are unhappy with it, return it during first 30 days and try the other. If still unhappy, unlock it through global support, sell it on Ebay, and try something else.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 07-10-09 at 06:50 PM.
    07-10-09 06:47 PM
    PS. Once you get either BB, be sure to check out

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

for lots of cool tips and tricks to help in the transition to the world of BB
    07-10-09 06:52 PM
    no YOU cannot touch it - it is in the TOS. You need to leave it on mantle and it will just stare at you like the stack of Geico monry
    He would hunt it down with his signature sledgehammer.

He really has one that he uses for stress relief and general destruction of electronics devices.

Yes, Storm seem like a part of a wall that came loose.

Curve, Bold, Tour, 8830 and others make me yearn for butter and maple.

07-10-09 06:56 PM
    I looking to upgrade to a new phone and am thinking about going with a BB. I am upgrading from a Dare and not sure if I want to go with the Storm with all the negative things I have read and heard about the screen.

I think a lot of the complaints about the Storm come from people who are used to the hardware keyboard. I've never had a BlackBerry with a hardware keyboard, and I love my Storm. I've had very few issues with it, and I've had it since December.

If you're not already acclimated to a BlackBerry with a hardware keyboard, the Storm may work for you. It's worth a shot, and you do get 30 days to try it with Verizon.
    07-11-09 11:47 AM
    THAT is the question...

I say... no touch... me likey real keys!
    07-11-09 12:40 PM

Go to a VZW store, try both of them out, and see which one works for YOU. Of course there is a lot of people who love the Storm (yours truly), and a lot of people that don't. But at the end of the day it has got to be YOUR CHOICE. Good luck.
    07-11-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD