From c|net: Verizon has announced the first certification of a device under its Open Device Initiative. This is a significant step forward, even if they can't announce the name of the device or its manufacturer right now.

Verizon edges closer toward open network | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
    06-20-08 03:31 PM
    Don't worry everyone, I'm sure they'll frack us on the price of the plans to run these phones. I don't mind paying retail (non-subsidized), but I'm sure Verizon will basically charge more the run these devices. So, if you're paying more if you want GPS/VZNavigator now on a BB and there's a certified BB for the Open Network that you want to buy, I'm sure the voice/data plan on that won't save you any money since they have to let you use all the functions of the phone. They'll just charge more for the plans. I really hope this doesn't happen, but I don't see that as this is Verizon after all. The people that would charge you to pay your bill if they could.
    06-20-08 05:20 PM
    Don't worry everyone, I'm sure they'll frack us on the price of the plans to run these phones. I don't mind paying retail (non-subsidized), but I'm sure Verizon will basically charge more the run these devices. So, if you're paying more if you want GPS/VZNavigator now on a BB and there's a certified BB for the Open Network that you want to buy, I'm sure the voice/data plan on that won't save you any money since they have to let you use all the functions of the phone. They'll just charge more for the plans. I really hope this doesn't happen, but I don't see that as this is Verizon after all. The people that would charge you to pay your bill if they could.
    Never thought about it like that, but you could be right. They already charge for everything they can and then some.
    06-21-08 01:09 AM
    Yeah like in calling, nights and weekends, voicemail, 3 way calling, online account access, automatic payment, call waiting.

Oh wait, they're all free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 01:34 AM
    Yeah like in calling, nights and weekends, voicemail, 3 way calling, online account access, automatic payment, call waiting.

Nothing is free, you pay for all of those features in your monthly bill my friend!
    06-21-08 10:26 AM

Shaad up...
    06-21-08 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD