12-02-08 10:24 AM
54 123
tools
    Can you post the link to the new aim?
    its the first post of the thread =) heh.. anyways. im loving this app. didn't think this good of a FREE AIM app would ever hit Verizon
    09-10-08 02:42 PM
    A totaly ignorant question...but, what is AIM? Am I understanding that you can text using data instead of text - if that makes sense? If so, does this work device to device...meaning if someone text's you, it does not cost? Or is it just take the place of an instant message "like" service?
    09-10-08 02:58 PM
    Nevermind I figured it out! I guess that's why there is a new link haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 03:03 PM
    AOL instant messenger. It's web based, so no SMS charges...
    09-10-08 03:04 PM
    why do i seem to be the only person this thing is not working for??? lol very annoying. i'm only able to sign on for like 1 second and it disconnects me, with an error message. sigh...
    I'm with you. It was working earlier, now I get the internal error BS after being signed on for a second. I have tried a battery pull, re-sending service books, and re-registering, but nothing helped...

EDIT: I think I may have found our problem Gold. When I shut down the app, I was signed on, but had an away message up. I signed on with a different screen name, and I signed on just fine. Then I signed off, and signed back on with my screen name, and it worked! Give this a try, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Shooperman; 09-10-08 at 08:50 PM.
    09-10-08 07:27 PM
    I'm with you. It was working earlier, now I get the internal error BS after being signed on for a second. I have tried a battery pull, re-sending service books, and re-registering, but nothing helped...

EDIT: I think I may have found our problem Gold. When I shut down the app, I was signed on, but had an away message up. I signed on with a different screen name, and I signed on just fine. Then I signed off, and signed back on with my screen name, and it worked! Give this a try, hope it helps.
    thanks shooperman fix my problem too
    09-10-08 09:32 PM
    so this new native aim for vzw customers uses data for the im's right? or does it use sms? i have limited amt of text and wondering if i should dl the aim? help please.
    09-11-08 11:23 AM
    so this new native aim for vzw customers uses data for the im's right? or does it use sms? i have limited amt of text and wondering if i should dl the aim? help please.
    yes it only uses data so you don't have to worry about using up all your texts
    09-11-08 12:08 PM
    works smooth for me. Great find!!
    09-11-08 01:00 PM
    Has anyone using an email address as their AIM name been able to sign on? It's still not working for mine.

09-12-08 06:12 AM
    Damnit I just bought bee jive too about two weeks ago

09-13-08 09:37 AM
    Damnit I just bought bee jive too about two weeks ago

can you het your monies back?

is there a refund section for bee jive?
    09-13-08 10:50 AM
    Does the same hold true for Google Talk and Yahoo? Data usage and not SMS? If so I will use it abd beejive can take a hike!
    09-13-08 03:53 PM
    Thank youuuu for posting this!!!!
    09-15-08 11:02 AM
    thank you very much!!!
    09-30-08 02:42 AM
    I know its the best. That Mobile messenger was lame and didn't work correctly. I love seeing the lil person waving on my front screen when I have a IM. lol
    10-02-08 06:47 AM
    this is great, thanks!!!
    10-02-08 08:28 AM
    Does the same hold true for Google Talk and Yahoo? Data usage and not SMS? If so I will use it abd beejive can take a hike!
    Google talk uses data. i just DL'ed and i love it!

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft....do?code=gtalk

10-02-08 08:59 AM
    also when you go away on aim on the phone but stay logged in on the computer as available it sends msgs to both. with jive if u set jive to away u only get the msgs on the computer, so no phone constantly going off when u dont want it to.
    10-06-08 05:07 AM
    Thank You!!!!
    10-06-08 05:37 AM
    I just downloaded the new one from my VZW home page and it's so much better than the last one! This one is just like the paid ones i.e. jivechat!
    10-07-08 02:39 PM
    i have DL the AIM above and it works fine....except that i have to refresh each time to see messages that people have left me anyone have the same issue
    10-11-08 10:24 AM
    i have the vz AIM app 2.1.5.5, i dont think its nearly as good as BEEJIVE, but its free so
    10-11-08 10:43 AM
    i have DL the AIM above and it works fine....except that i have to refresh each time to see messages that people have left me anyone have the same issue
    Hi I'm new to the board! I'm having the exact same problem. Once I refresh I get all the new messages though. Odd.
    10-11-08 12:59 PM
    Ditto. I didn't use AIM that much before, but I think it was working ok until yesterday. I haven't been getting notifications of messages coming in. Outgoing is fine, and the incoming is there, but not refreshing. When I refresh from the main menu, it also updates all of the messages. Needless to say, this is one of my definitions of it not working fine.
    10-11-08 03:14 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD