I've been getting robocalls from asurion every couple days since last Sunday to tell me my phone us on order. So I've been without my z30 for a week and it has sucked. On Friday my dad told me they had called his land line about a phone claim. So I call them back. Turns out they had dialed a wrong number, but I was told when they called the other day, there had been a z30 in Stock. Well that's not what robot lady said.

So today I get another robot call. Said phone still on back order. I promptly called back and pushed 00 to bypass robo lady and talked to a rep. Explained to them that I was just verifying that the phone was in fact on backorder and that they didn't actually have one in Stock. Turns out they did have one, despite what the machine said. I am very hopeful to be getting my replacement phone on Tuesday. They threw in a new car charger, leather case and ear bud because I'd been patient. Make sure if you are with Verizon and carry the insurance to call back immediately and verify what the robot says is correct. I had to wait an extra 5 days due to improper info. The reps I spoke to were competent and friendly. Now I'm just being paranoid hoping they didn't send a z10 lol. Also a little nervous that I'll get a refurbished dud. Mine has been great til I broke the screen. Hopefully will have as good luck with the replacement.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-14 10:50 AM
    Wow! What a nightmare! Thanks goodness you called back and spoke to a real person.
    09-21-14 11:05 AM
    Well It came today. It IS a refurbed unit. I expected that. I have to be at work in 45 minutes, it takes me 15 to get there and Im about 50% into a restore lol. Im really hoping it finishes before I have to leave. It looks good and came 100% charged, so heres hoping it is as problem free as the one I broke.
    09-23-14 04:18 PM
    Yup, after more than a month, I received the Z30 replacement today. To Assurion's credit, they did offer to send my wife a brand new Galaxy S5 until the Z30 came in. We took them up on that offer and she's been using it. Her and my 7 yr old daughter really like it, but I told her to try the Z30 and see which one she wants to keep (Assurion said they are fine with either). She's been on BB since I've been with her ~10 years so she will play with both and see. Only thing that seriously sucks is that many accessorizes are not available for the Z30. Luckily I got my Otterbox commuter when I got my Z30 because the only place you can buy one now is Amazon or Ebay and I'm not sure if they are the CDMA versions. She likes her white and pink commuter we got for the S5.

Now my dilemma is whether I really need to send back both the Z10 that is being replaced and the S5 or if I should just send one and let them request for the other?!
    09-26-14 02:48 PM