What phone should I get through Verizon? I currently have the storm which sucks, the humidity where I work makes it tough on the touch screen. I was wondering about the new curve or tour or the Eris Droid?
    03-03-10 09:22 PM
    Depends on what you want. I have an Eris and find it difficult to type on because it's so narrow. Try them out in a store and you have your 30 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 10:22 PM
    Try them out in a store and you have your 30 days.

This can't be quoted strenuously enough.

I tell all customers who call in about upgrades this, no matter how much research you do, or by what venue you plan to purchase your phone, go to a brick & mortar store and play with phones you are interested in, find which phones suit you and which don't. You don't have to buy it there.

Also ask yourself before making your decision, what do you wish your phone could do that it doesn't now? Within reason, of course.
    03-03-10 11:19 PM
    look at some review on the web, play with all, make a good decision, if it was the wrong one you'll have 30 days!
    03-03-10 11:21 PM
    This can't be quoted strenuously enough.

I tell all customers who call in about upgrades this, no matter how much research you do, or by what venue you plan to purchase your phone, go to a brick & mortar store and play with phones you are interested in, find which phones suit you and which don't. You don't have to buy it there.

Also ask yourself before making your decision, what do you wish your phone could do that it doesn't now? Within reason, of course.
    look at some review on the web, play with all, make a good decision, if it was the wrong one you'll have 30 days!
    like they said best thing to do it play with the phone. i thought i would get the new curve for the touchpad but after using it, i found out that i was not a big fan of the touchpad. i spent a good hour in a verizon store just playing with the phones. till i found out which i was going to get.
    03-03-10 11:28 PM
    Go to phonescoop.com and read some honest to god reviews too.
    03-04-10 02:03 AM
    I'm with Doc on this one nothing beats phone in hand. Do your research of course, BUT go to the store and play with the phones you are looking at NOTHING beats a little hands on research. And I can tell you from personal experience the S2 is far and away better than the S1.
    03-04-10 03:30 PM
    Nexus ONE or the Motorola Droid are probably the best phones we carry if you don't care about Email. If you are a heavy email user, then stick with Blackberry, and wait for the new phones to roll out later this year.
    03-04-10 03:33 PM
    Nexus ONE or the Motorola Droid are probably the best phones we carry if you don't care about Email. If you are a heavy email user, then stick with Blackberry, and wait for the new phones to roll out later this year.
    VZW carries the Nexus One? Or will carry?
    03-04-10 04:14 PM
    Will carry...will carry. I think March 25th...or that was the latest rumor I heard.
    03-04-10 05:05 PM
    i would still go for a BB
    03-04-10 05:19 PM
    Will carry...will carry. I think March 25th...or that was the latest rumor I heard.
    That's what I thought. Because saying they have it and saying they're getting it, is different.
    03-04-10 05:19 PM
    That's what I thought. Because saying they have it and saying they're getting it, is different.
    It's a huge difference. It has yet to be announced offically...everything until than is just heresay.
    03-04-10 05:22 PM
    Go to Googles Nexus one store and tell me if its Heresay. They have it posted to come in spring. I doubt Google would put up a CDMA link that says VERIZON if it was heresay.

Scroll to bottom of page.
    https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e=
    Last edited by DirtyBerry; 03-04-10 at 07:25 PM.
    03-04-10 07:21 PM
    Yeah it comes out in spring 2010. Its not out yet. BIG DIFFERENCE.

03-04-10 07:50 PM
    Still the best phone VZW is offering at current time. I'm considering a Month away current, since nothing else is coming out that can compete with it. The devour is trash. Has a spotty touch screen and terrible track pad that is 50/50 when trying to use. Also the blur technology is cool, but pretty much useless on the tiny screen.

Motorola Droid is a great phone, but they Nexus out does it in physical specs.

Blackberrys feel extremely outdated and the guy said he already has a Storm already so that kind of puts bb out of the picture until a new phone arrives. Unless he wants a Windows 6.5 phone, but thats already a dead technology now that windows 7 is coming this year.

So like I said, best options right now, are Nexus and Droid. Wait a month for a nexus.
    Last edited by DirtyBerry; 03-04-10 at 08:59 PM.
    03-04-10 08:41 PM
    Rumor has it currently at March 23rd for the Nexus One launch for VZW.

As for phones... The Motorola Droid is a pretty cool device, until you open the slider. I think that as cool as the Droid is, when the Droid 2 comes out, it's going to be like the Storm 1 vs. the Storm 2. At CES, Sanjay Jha (Moto's CEO) did reveal that the Droid 2 was under development and that it would definitely have an improved keyboard. That plus bug fixes in my mind equals perhaps the first true iPhone killer. As for BB, I really hope the geniuses at RIM have something phenomenal in the works.
    03-05-10 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD