File Size download limitation
    I was trying to download a 50+ mb file to my phone and I keep getting an error saying the file is too large. Is this a Vzw policy that you cannot download large files or is this a limitation for BB tour?
    Anyone know a workaround this issue?
    09-15-09 08:55 AM
    09-15-09 08:56 AM
    File Size download limitation
    I was trying to download a 50+ mb file to my phone and I keep getting an error saying the file is too large. Is this a Vzw policy that you cannot download large files or is this a limitation for BB tour?
    Anyone know a workaround this issue?
    Use Opera Mini. Problem solved without hacking. It is a BB restriction and not Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 11:57 PM
    I tried that but if you go somewhere like megaupload or something like that for the free users it has a countdown timer that you need java for .is there any way around this?

11-05-09 02:19 AM
    I tried that but if you go somewhere like megaupload or something like that for the free users it has a countdown timer that you need java for .is there any way around this?

Yeah.. it's called a computer!
    11-05-09 02:28 AM
    Your pretty smary there tsguy that so totally answers the question on how to do it on the phone use the computer wow . For me my phone is all the internet I have so your great response and the time you took out of your bust schedule to help someone out instead of being a smarta$$ is greatly appreciated

11-05-09 09:22 PM
    Your pretty smary there tsguy that so totally answers the question on how to do it on the phone use the computer wow . For me my phone is all the internet I have so your great response and the time you took out of your bust schedule to help someone out instead of being a smarta$$ is greatly appreciated

Hey genius - what do you think is the correct answer? You're downloading from a site supported by a computer and not a blackberry. So what do you expect?

Tether your phone to your computer, but of course you seem to use your phone for everything? What the **** would you download for use on your phone?

11-05-09 09:38 PM
    New os,videos all kinds of stuff and that defeats the purpose to pay for tethering might as well just pay for extra internet. And the bb des support java which works with the bb browser but download size limited and opera mini don't have the limit so back to my original legit question is there a way to get java to work on opera mini 4.2 made for bb not for computer.

11-05-09 10:35 PM
    You're trying to make a BlackBerry act like a full smartphone.

Opera Mini supports java. It doesn't support flash. And, at larger file sizes, regardless of browser, BlackBerry tends to corrupt a lot of files.

To do what you're asking, you need Linux, WM or, for some things, Android.

11-05-09 10:48 PM
    Thank you twins.when I goto megaupload with my bb browser and java turned on the free user countdown works but with opera mini 4.2 it just stays on the number that first pops up? Is there something in its settings that's shut off?

11-06-09 12:42 AM
    I can't find anything about java settings in the 4.2 didn't know if there was hidden setting with different way to get into like there is in 5.0 opera or not.

11-06-09 12:43 AM
    Thank you twins.when I goto megaupload with my bb browser and java turned on the free user countdown works but with opera mini 4.2 it just stays on the number that first pops up? Is there something in its settings that's shut off?
    I'll have to go power up a BlackBerry with Mini on it. Opera Mobile is much different, so I can't really check here.

11-06-09 12:46 AM
    Try going into Options/Security Options/Application Settings. Find Opera Mini, then use the BlackBerry key to Edit Permissions. Make sure all are set to "Allow" & see if that helps.

Opera Mini is a java app & java support is native to it.

11-06-09 12:54 AM
    That didn't work .I give up maybe one day rim will just open it up.thank you for your help twin

11-06-09 04:08 AM
    Anyone tried this with storm running 328 yet?

11-10-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD