09-17-09 08:46 AM
69 123
tools
    I am almost positive that you would throw a tantrum
    Ehhhh, I wouldn't say throw a tantrum. At my ripe old age of 39, I've come to the conclusion that acting in a civil manner goes a long way. It is also much more becoming of someone to use proper words instead of typing "u" and using proper punctuation when trying to get a point across. You failed there.
    09-15-09 11:31 AM
    i was 25 days on my second replacement. so that is not bs.
    It is BS because there's no "30 days" on replacement phones.
    09-15-09 02:48 PM
    So let's look at it from another point of view. If you had a car. Tv. Pc. Or something else
    That u use every day. Would u let it go. I am almost positive that you would throw a tantrum
    If they repair man did not fix your problem.
    Wow - typing like a brand new smartphone user there.

You didn't want a repair - you insisted on a new phone. Try that with Dell, Chevy or Mitsubishi, or insist on an immediate repair - they'd laugh you out of the place.

The funny thing here is that you have now advertised just how little sense you're making & how hard you're trying to cover for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 03:38 PM
    So let's look at it from another point of view. If you had a car. Tv. Pc. Or something else
    That u use every day. Would u let it go. I am almost positive that you would throw a tantrum If they repair man did not fix your problem.
    Well, my 4 month old 52" LCD did have a problem a few weeks back and I had the Black Tie protection that even includes a loaner if they have to take the unit, BUT I still had to wait a couple days for the technician to get the part in that they felt they needed to fix it and had that not been the problem, then I would have gotten a new on. But I still had to WAIT!

My mom's fully warranted laptop went bad and she had to send it in to Gateway and was without it for several weeks while they repaired it. And she LIVED!

Because of people like you, AT&T has made it so you can't get a warranty replacement in a store, you have to go to the warranty replacement center nearest you to get it.
    09-15-09 04:52 PM
    I love this. I am so happy that you can poke fun at me. You took what I said and vented
    All of your frustration over this issue. This was my intention. So u took what I said and
    You saw it as a opportunity to be the HERO and point out how wrong I was.
    Yeah right....get over yourself Kanye...lol
    09-15-09 04:53 PM
    I read through all the posts here and R.O.C. touched on the actual problem and not the war hero aspect.

The phone was just running hot while sitting there was his issue. Most likely due to the phone processing a lot of stuff in the background (could have been nothing that it was processing). All that would have probably corrected the issue would have been a power cycle or a hard reset. The phone just doesn't run hot because it feels like it in most cases. Maybe if it were being charged and the battery was going bad, but in that case he would just need a battery - not a new phone.

SO - he could have dealt with a CLNR being shipped to him just as long as it was timed correctly to where he could receive it at his hotel or office he was going to be working at. Not like he wasn't receiving calls/texts/emails and it was giving him burns on his hands while in use.

And why post this on Crackberry in the first place? Some people take cell phones WAY too seriously. And no I do not care that if you pay $100's each month to VZW. I do myself and that's after a discount.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 09-15-09 at 10:05 PM.
    09-15-09 10:01 PM
    Why all the pounding on this guy? He got a deal that was a little sweet, but as far as it being against policy, obviously someone approved this deal as a business decision. It's not like he held up the store at gunpoint until he got what he wanted.

The issue I see, and what frustrated me mightily when I was a VZW rep, is the disconnect between the stores and customer service. Verizon sets up the various sales channels (retail, third party, customer service, internet, business to business) and never plans for what happens when a customer tries to deal with two or more at the same time. The channels all compete against one another and it leads to confusion and animosity against Verizon for the customer.

So a customer calls customer service, who deals with him within their parameters, then comes into the store, where the parameters are different, causing store personnel and the customer to be at odds, the store has to get approval to fulfill the customer service deal, then lose out on metrics because they did. Why not make the channel who made the deal responsible? Customer service approves a free phone from a retail location, note the account, make them take the hit, not the store.

I used to get so frustrated with customers who had the wrong expectations set by customer service coming in the store. I dealt with it, and moved on to the next customer. Life is to short to let to let customers rent space in your head.
    09-15-09 10:38 PM
    Why all the pounding on this guy?
    Probably the same reason anyone who comes here full of pride and claims they got something outside of policy gets pounded. People don't like braggarts especially when it sounds like they just want to stir up trouble. It may be different if someone who had been a regular in this forum came out with a report like this but this guy has how many posts? 48 as of right now? Oh yeah.

09-16-09 02:00 AM
    First off it is unlikely that anything was wrong with your phone. Judging by your attitude you dont really try to figure things out before you take action.

Second this type of behavior lowers the profit margin for VZW and possibly RIM which in turn HURTS consumers. Anything bad for a company eventually means its bad for consumers. I am sorry but regardless of what you think most other carriers DO NOT do replacements in the store! So what happens if VZW tightens down on in store replacements because to many RIM users are asking for swap outs due to 3rd party apps running in the background or buttons getting pushed while in your pocket with your brightness jacked to 100% and backlight set too long? Or to many people saving pictures to the phones internal memory (caused verizon tons of cash on the original pearl)

Thanks but no thanks...

I have had 3 storms because I keep cracking the screens. Not a single one has been deffective.

ALSO one time a long time ago I was having issues keeping my blackberry pearl connected to my bluetooth headset it was driving me crazy so what did I do? I asked for replacement a week later same problem asked for another then that one didnt have the icons for custom folders so I asked for another it had the same bluetooth problem asked for another the bottom right key had already fallen off in the box asked for another and had the same problem with bluetooth!!!

Turns out it was all my fault I had disabled the blue blinking light on the phone because it was anoying and due to a software glitch it caused the bluetooth connection to randomly drop. Everytime I restored my phone it restored my ISSUE.

How much money did I cost that company because I didnt read??? Not many phones are deffective you just killed a few hundred dollars for no reason.

THANKS
    Last edited by givmedew; 09-16-09 at 02:37 AM.
    09-16-09 02:34 AM
    I don't see the problem... LOL
    09-16-09 07:18 AM
    Just the other day I was having a problem with my trackball and took it in to a VZW store. He noticed the problem and said well, we dont have any refurbs so he gave me a new one. I was perfectly content with a refurb but I ended up with a new one instead.. kinda the opposite of what happened to you.
    It's probably the whole honey vs. vinegar thing. A cheerful customer who listens to the rep and follows instructions will always get the extra effort. The guy who's yelling and screaming and saying he'll have my job or hide (whichever he thinks is more vengeful) will get the bare minimum we need to get him off the phone.

Though, truth be told, there's a little known #3 "customer attitude" there. The panicked customer who literally thinks their life is going to end will get some extra effort, if given clumsily and nervously by yours truly. But as soon as the customer starts dropping F-bombs, my sympathy wanes...
    09-16-09 07:31 AM
    Why all the pounding on this guy?
    Because someone else reads this and it empowers them to come in to our stores with the same attitude and it plays out all over again.
    09-16-09 07:53 AM
    Because someone else reads this and it empowers them to come in to our stores with the same attitude and it plays out all over again.
    Except the ending
    09-16-09 07:59 AM
    I guess there were no other stores in the area to try? Sounds to me like it would have been a lot less effort.
    09-16-09 09:37 AM
    Except the ending
    : Right!
    09-16-09 02:04 PM
    Here's my $0.02... I agree for you getting a new phone in store if it was an immediate need, but in most cases, if the phone will make and recieve calls and still turns on/works for the most part, it's not seen as an immediate need. However, if your phone "crapped the bed", I.E. not turning on, not getting service, etc. then yes, I agree an in-store to new replacement would be necessary, but again, that's a manager's discresion. Now, with what you said, where it gets really hot when it's just sitting there in standby, depending on how hot it's getting, that could be seen as a hazard and would require an immediate swap out. But, that's neither here nor there. I think the tech should have done futher troubleshooting to a.) see how hot it gets (to see about it being an immediate danger) and b.) see if a replacement battery would solve the issue (aka pop a new one in for a little bit and see if it does the same).

Really, what I'm saying is I neither agree with what happened nor do I disagree. There were things that should have been done that didn't seem like they were.
    09-16-09 03:26 PM
    If they didn't have a refurb and you were desperate for a phone, a decent businessman would have paid for the new phone then dealt with it at tax time. What you did was the same thing people do in retail. You make a nuisance of yourself until the stores manager has 2 opitions...call the cops, have them outside his store as you create a scene, fill out all the paperwork to have you trespassed, all the while he's losing money because other customers are scared off. OR He can just give the baby what he wants and take the loss then pass it on to the next guy with a ligitimate problem.

This world is so overrun with people who have an overinflated sense of entitlement. I pay my bill so I deserve special treatment. Disgraceful.
    well put. i read OP thinking wtf is wrong with this guy lol
    09-17-09 05:51 AM
    I don't know if someone has already suggested this as I didn't read all the replies but, I'm wondering if the OP checked to see what apps were running while it ran hot. If mine were running hot when I wasn't using it, that is what I would have done. If the OP had done this he may have avoided a lot of aggravation. Just MNSHO.
    09-17-09 08:39 AM
    I don't know if someone has already suggested this as I didn't read all the replies but, I'm wondering if the OP checked to see what apps were running while it ran hot. If mine were running hot when I wasn't using it, that is what I would have done. If the OP had done this he may have avoided a lot of aggravation. Just MNSHO.
    After a few responses no one really cared what the issue was and would rather flame the **** out of him.
    09-17-09 08:46 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD