09-17-09 08:46 AM
69 123
tools
    so today i noticed my blackberry got really hot while it was not in use. i am on vacation and went to a corprate store to see if they would exchange it, they said sure but they did not have a refurb in , so i asked them to switch out for a new one. and they said no. so then i called cs and after talking with them they said they would do it, so back to the store i went. and when i got there i went to the counter and said i would like my new bb tour please, after looking at my account they said they could only give me a refurb i told them cs said to give me a new one , and it said i would only get a fefurb in my notes , i was pissed , rather than go postal like i usually do i went outside took a long drag from a camel , and called cs back , thats when the fight got good. i told them what was said on the phone and they said it was up to the store if they wanted to give me a new one. this went on for about half a hour. and for 15min of that time i asked to speak with a supervisor, hehehhe i saw blood and i was not backing off. so the guy i was talking to called in his boss and i won i thought, they called the store and talked to the tech guy on duty and i was standing there and he said he would not do it or so he thought. so in the end i got a new tour . never give up never, i kept on telling them i was a good paying customer and they better do me right . and i never gave up.
    ohhh ya i was talking with one of the guys in the store who thought it was bull that i was getting the runaround and asked him what phone he had he said he didnt , and i asked him why , i said he was waiting for a new phone to come out , and he basicly shut his mouth, after talking with him a little more he told me verizon was going to get the i phone in febuary. the only thing i could think about after that was to get back where i am staying and post this.
    keep up the good fight and win never back down, they need our money and will bend over to take it.
    regards
    roadblock
    09-14-09 09:55 PM
    Its people like you that raise all of our bills. Take the refurb and deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:59 PM
    If there was some punctuation in that post I could perhaps read it better.
    09-14-09 10:00 PM
    Aren't you sequencing everything?

09-14-09 10:04 PM
    Its people like you that raise all of our bills. Take the refurb and deal.

so i raised your bill hmmm well send me your adress and i will pay you what you think is fair.
    09-14-09 10:07 PM
    If there was some punctuation in that post I could perhaps read it better.
    forgive me for not using PUNCTUATION.
    09-14-09 10:08 PM
    Refurbs are just as good as sealed in the box brand new ones, why, they are actually tested to 99.99% to make sure they function properly.

I really don't see why people always want brand new spanking BB's when their fails? I prefer refurbs, they go through more tests then the ones in the boxed seal and marked NEW!

Get over yourselves people and man up to the fact that NEWER isn't always better! Nothing further!

Thnx, Tripster

09-14-09 10:09 PM
    Refurbs are just as good as sealed in the box brand new ones, why, they are actually tested to 99.99% to make sure they function properly.

I really don't see why people always want brand new spanking BB's when their fails? I prefer refurbs, they go through more tests then the ones in the boxed seal and marked NEW!

Get over yourselves people and man up to the fact that NEWER isn't always better! Nothing further!

Thnx, Tripster

i agree refurbs are good, i am on a trip and could not wait for one to come in. i am on a plane in 4 hrs so i needed to get a new one . thats all.
    09-14-09 10:11 PM
    so i raised your bill hmmm well send me your adress and i will pay you what you think is fair.
    I bet he will... (I leave this statement open for debate... What exactly will he send... Answers GO!)

09-14-09 10:12 PM
    People LIKE you. Demanding a new phone you're not entitled to. Tech support could have easily shipped you a fru device, and THAT is what you're entitled to.

09-14-09 10:13 PM
    I bet he will... (I leave this statement open for debate... What exactly will he send... Answers GO!)

i think he did not see where i was going with this. why let any company walk over you. i am on vacation. my phone was broke and i wanted a replacement. nothing wrong with that. if they had a refurb i would have taken it. but they did not. so i pressed the issue and got what i wanted.
    09-14-09 10:16 PM
    I'm gonna sue!
    09-14-09 10:19 PM
    People LIKE you. Demanding a new phone you're not entitled to. Tech support could have easily shipped you a fru device, and THAT is what you're entitled to.

so look at it from my point of view. you are on a trip. you are leaving on a plane in a few hours and youre phone took a dump. i did what i did to get up and running . nothing wrong with that is there. and they did not have a refurb. so what would you have done.
    09-14-09 10:19 PM
    just so everyone knows, customer service can say whatever they want. it is up to the store manager to honor what they say. So in the end, if the manager says no, thats it. the answer is no. you got lucky, I woulda stuck to my guns and said no, no matter how much you pissed and moaned
    09-14-09 10:23 PM
    I look at it this way - you got a mark on your accouint that may cost you VIP status, a better deal in the future & possibly your service down the road.

You didn't win anything - you threw a tantrum, got what you wanted, but at what cost down the road? Next time, when you truly need something, there is that mark, those permed notes - and you're screwed.

Leave & come back - those notes are archived by your ID, not by account.

09-14-09 10:24 PM
    What is the point of posts like this? You seem to think you're some type of hero, you're just a brat who got what he wanted. No lesson learned here.
    09-14-09 10:27 PM
    hmmm black mark. maybe . but i think you all missed the point . if you were say in vegas and you lived in new york and you needed your phone for work and it took a dump on you. you go to the store wanting a refurb but they did not have one. your plane leaves in a few hours . so you need to get another phone. you cant wait for them to mail one to you. what do you do.
    i pay my bill early and am never late , i have been with verizon for 6yrs and have had other things happen in the past and i have never had a problem in 6yrs. in fact verizon is the best phone company and i love them.
    i did nothing wrong. i was in a bind and verizon did what they allways have done in the past. they helped me. and i thank them for that.
    i went in there wanting a refurb but they did not have one .
    09-14-09 10:34 PM
    Personally if I were in Vegas getting on a plane to go back to New York I would have saved myself the aggravation and waited to get to New York and then look for a phone. But that is just me. My phone isn't so important I can't go several hours without it. Now if they did not have one in a store when I returned home I may be upset but I still would not demand anything. Of course I always make sure I have a back up phone I can activate in case my good one breaks.
    09-14-09 10:38 PM
    What is the point of posts like this? You seem to think you're some type of hero, you're just a brat who got what he wanted. No lesson learned here.
    im a brat. wait till you are in the same bind then bend over and take what they give you. i just needed to get my phone working. is that so wrong. i think that most of you that have a problem with what i did. would have let it go missed your flight . and gotten another one when it came fedex. thats not me.
    i deal with people all over the country who are recovering addicts and i need to be by the phone 24/7. they call me when they want to use and i talk them down. if one just one of them did not get through to me when they needed me then they may go out and get high, and die. i dont need that on my head. would you?
    09-14-09 10:41 PM
    also, you cant use the phone on the plane anyway, so whats the point in having it?
    For some reason I doubt verizon gave you a free tour. That's just me though.

Was the original phone a Tour? If so all they did was give him a new one instead of a refurb. Doubtful but not unheard of if you believe some of the stories people on here tell.
    09-14-09 10:44 PM
    Personally if I were in Vegas getting on a plane to go back to New York I would have saved myself the aggravation and waited to get to New York and then look for a phone. But that is just me. My phone isn't so important I can't go several hours without it. Now if they did not have one in a store when I returned home I may be upset but I still would not demand anything. Of course I always make sure I have a back up phone I can activate in case my good one breaks.
    i agree i didnt have another phone with me. i have my phone on for people that need my help 24/7 and i am never away from it. if i coul have done it another way i would have.
    i sponser people who are in recovery and that is why i need my phone 24/7. if i am not around and they needed my help . then they could go get high and die. i dont need that on my head.
    09-14-09 10:45 PM
    Was the original phone a Tour? If so all they did was give him a new one instead of a refurb. Doubtful but not unheard of if you believe some of the stories people on here tell.
    it was a new one and would have taken a refurb if they had one.
    09-14-09 10:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Weekendbum;3589505]For some reason I doubt verizon gave you a free tour. That's just me though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE
    why do you doubt it. this has happed to me over 3 times over the last 6yrs. and i usually take a refurb. but they did not have one.
    09-14-09 10:49 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD