Ok so, my family and I are getting new phones. However, 2 of us are at college. Is it possible to have our respective phones shipped to 3 places (my home, my college, and my brother's college)?

Also, I will be getting the blackberry Tour. For the Tour, is the extended warranty option worth it? Is there an inherent warranty that it comes with that I am unaware of? We are already on a family plan and already have insurance on our phones. We are extending our contract for another 2 years, so will that insurance continue to apply and thus render the extended warranty unnecessary? Also, for VZ Navigator, is this app worth it or is there another similar app, perhaps just a Maps app, that I can download and install to use instead of paying 10 dollars a month for this GPS system?

Thanks guys, Crackberry rules.
    09-25-09 12:24 AM
    I believe that shipping arrangement is possible. Your insurance will carry over. You can download GPS apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 12:47 AM
    Warranty covers manufacturer defects.

Insurance covers lost/stolen/damage.

One year warranty standard on the phones.

The account holder is the one who can authorize shipping addresses.

09-25-09 01:50 AM
    Yes, yes, and not really.

09-25-09 03:33 AM
    Google Maps works great on my Storm. Not sure how well it works on all BBs on VZW though.
    09-25-09 07:15 AM
    BBMaps and Google maps both free and work great. IMHO

09-25-09 07:29 AM
    I believe that the GPS is unlocked on just the Storm and Tour on VZW and that any other BB would require VZNavigator for true GPS.
    09-25-09 10:44 AM
    I would try google maps it worked quite well on my ol pearl.
    09-25-09 10:47 AM
    Ok so, my family and I are getting new phones. However, 2 of us are at college. Is it possible to have our respective phones shipped to 3 places (my home, my college, and my brother's college)?

Also, I will be getting the blackberry Tour. For the Tour, is the extended warranty option worth it? Is there an inherent warranty that it comes with that I am unaware of? We are already on a family plan and already have insurance on our phones. We are extending our contract for another 2 years, so will that insurance continue to apply and thus render the extended warranty unnecessary? Also, for VZ Navigator, is this app worth it or is there another similar app, perhaps just a Maps app, that I can download and install to use instead of paying 10 dollars a month for this GPS system?

Thanks guys, Crackberry rules.
    VZ Nav works as well or better as most dedicated navigation devices. If you want turn by turn directions and need navigation and the $10 subscription is not a put-off, VZ Nav works as advertised. As stated VZ Nav will work on all models. On the Storm and Tour GPS is unlocked and you can use any GPS app on the phone, BBMaps and Google Maps both work well in providing local search, follow me routes and directions, but will not give voice activated turn by turn directions. There are also free BBerry navigation apps, which you can do a web search for. Garmin also has a $99 paid lifetime application that you can use for turn-by-turn directions.
    09-25-09 12:02 PM
    There are also free BBerry navigation apps, which you can do a web search for.
    Nav4All, and yes it is available via AppWorld :-)

I like VZNav better though
    09-27-09 02:18 AM
    I like VZ Navigator and the Garmin app. Mapquest is pretty good too.
    09-27-09 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD