does anyone know if you have a verizon femtocell if sprint phones can use it as well
    07-29-09 02:05 PM
    I have a Sprint femtocell (Airave) it it will NOT let Verizon, or USC or any other carrier use it. I expect the reverse would be true with Verizon. That is, only Verizon phones could use Verizon femtocells.
    07-29-09 03:11 PM
    Only VZW devices can use the VZW Net Extender
    07-29-09 04:43 PM
    It is an evil plot designed to retain you as a customer. You bought the femto & now you can't take it elsewhere. Muhahahahaha.

Seriously, a Wilson amplified solution does more than a femto in many circumstances & should be looked at as a possible alternative to a femto, especially on the fringes of a service area. Antenna on roof or in attic, base tranceiver(s) in structure, instant amplified cell coverage without restrictions.

Having a party with 30 guests with different carriers who all want to call at the same time? You're covered. These things cost somewhere in the vicinity of femtos and they do work well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 06:14 PM
    This is from Verizons Network Extender Features page;

100 Percent Compatibility
    The Network Extender is compatible with all Verizon Wireless phones as well as some handsets from many of the nation's leading carriers.

Enter your location
    07-30-09 12:39 AM
    I'm with Twins on this one. We have two of the Wilson models at my work. One for the CDMA (1900 and 800) in one part of the building and one for both GSM and CDMA in another part of the building. They both work well as there is no signal without them, but usable signal (for data and calls) with them.

It is an evil plot designed to retain you as a customer. You bought the femto & now you can't take it elsewhere. Muhahahahaha.

Seriously, a Wilson amplified solution does more than a femto in many circumstances & should be looked at as a possible alternative to a femto, especially on the fringes of a service area. Antenna on roof or in attic, base tranceiver(s) in structure, instant amplified cell coverage without restrictions.

Having a party with 30 guests with different carriers who all want to call at the same time? You're covered. These things cost somewhere in the vicinity of femtos and they do work well.

07-30-09 09:20 AM
    I'm with Twins on this one. We have two of the Wilson models at my work. One for the CDMA (1900 and 800) in one part of the building and one for both GSM and CDMA in another part of the building. They both work well as there is no signal without them, but usable signal (for data and calls) with them.
    Could you guys give me more info on what they are called exactly and where to buy?
    07-30-09 10:04 AM
    07-30-09 12:11 PM
    Yes - that is one model. I've had Wilson equipment on my RVs for awhile. They do work well and, depending on model, can handle any or all bands.

I believe the Samsung femto that VZW offers is only 800MHz - can't remember right off the top of my head - as such, it will handle other CDMA devices, regardless of carrier, as long as the device is set to run on 800MHz and not just 1900MHz - Sprint is 1900MHz, but most of their phones will handle either band.

07-30-09 07:48 PM
    Yup. I can vouch for Wilson. I have 2 of them and they work well. The only problem I have had with them is they extend my range so well that I get past the cdma tower cutoff and then I'm back to talking to myself again

07-30-09 08:35 PM
    Yes - that is one model. I've had Wilson equipment on my RVs for awhile. They do work well and, depending on model, can handle any or all bands.

Thanks TwinsX2Dad!
    07-31-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD