I know what the user was told isn't true, but I'm fed up and need to vent a bit (and sent an email to our corporate rep).

A user of mine was at a corporate Verizon store in a major area mall and was told that Verizon was not going to release the Q10 as the Z10 has been a "complete failure" and that every Z10 that store sold was returned. Now, I can't say for sure that the second item is incorrect, and there's no context (how many were sold) but of course we really knew even before today that the Q10 would be on the network. I do find it hard to believe that every single Z10 was returned from that store unless they only sold a handful.

I've heard some doozies from various reps of companies, but this is getting ridiculous.
    05-14-13 07:26 PM
    I stopped by yesterday at my local VZW store just to "visit" the Z10 while waiting for mine to arrive today. After chatting for a while about phones in general, the rep loosened up a bit. He didn't know how to operate the Z10, said he wasn't comfortable showing it to a customer, and with phones like an iPhone or Android where you could just hit a physical home button, that is what he goes with first. He thought the BB10 learning curve was just too steep for the average person and not at all intuitive. Of course, he hasn't sold a single BB because he hasn't demoed it to anyone. I have to commend him for being absolutely candid.

Unless BBRY makes a very serious effort to ensure their retail partners properly train their staff, this will continue. I would LOVE to see them launch a contest for the rep who sells the most BBs per store with a pretty lucrative prize. That is the only way they will get enthused about showing and selling BB10.
    05-15-13 11:00 AM
    And to me Android is hard because they all have different button layouts, etc. But I'd rather have that kind of rep than someone be told that a model was cancelled etc. But then I think some reps told people that Verizon wasn't getting the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:26 PM
    How's this one? I talked an American friend into going to try out a Z10. I'm assuming he went into a T-Mobile store, since that's who he uses now. The salesperson told him this (and I just had to shake my head) ....." we get a lot of returns on the Z10, as it can't properly handle Flash and HTML5 video."

Sorry, didn't see this about Verizon .
    undone likes this.
    05-15-13 07:31 PM
    Yeah, can you imagine the number of iPhones that must be being returned?
    05-16-13 08:01 AM