Hey all. My wife and I are currently on a Family Plan, she has a BB Tour and I have an HTC Incredible. Our upgrade is in early July and she really needs a new phone (She's primary line), that Tour is a piece of crap. Anyway, she really wants and Iphone and plans on getting the I4 at upgrade. However, I am the 2nd line so does that mean I would have to upgrade as well or can I wait until the I5 is released then upgrade from my DInc?? Any help is appreciated.
    06-22-11 04:20 PM
    If the line you want to upgrade is eligible for an upgrade then you're good to go. They can't force you to do anything else...
    06-22-11 05:04 PM
    ridesno159 is right. They can't force you to upgrade. So you can wait to get the iphone 5.
    06-22-11 08:55 PM
    You can upgrade both if you would like to or just hers and you yourself could wait for whatever phone you would want to get, since you are both using smartphones you do not have to change your plan at all so the only thing you would be doing is extending her contract
    07-05-11 09:09 PM
    Flybub, as people say, you can wait to upgrade if you want. But you may want to act real fast, like today.

The new tiered data plans go into effect tomorrow on Verizon. If you do not currently have unlimited data, and do not change your plan until after tomorrow, you will lose your opportunity to obtain unlimited data.
    07-06-11 08:06 AM
    They can't force you both to upgrade. My SO's upgrade is available in September and mine not until late 2012, I won't upgrade when he does, I'll wait for my own upgrade.
    07-07-11 09:57 PM
    Flybub, as people say, you can wait to upgrade if you want. But you may want to act real fast, like today.

The new tiered data plans go into effect tomorrow on Verizon. If you do not currently have unlimited data, and do not change your plan until after tomorrow, you will lose your opportunity to obtain unlimited data.
    Incorrect. Although I applaud your concern you should check the facts. First, he already has both lines with smartphones. Second, as long as you have a smartphone with the 29.99 pack, you are fine. Third, Verizon will let you keep your existing unlimited plan as long as you keep any smartphone, 3g or 4g, on your line. Now if you take the plan off, you're screwed.
    Last edited by MisterObvious; 07-08-11 at 01:50 PM.
    07-08-11 03:40 AM
    My bad. Sorry about that.

But does anyone know this yet......

If one has a BB on unlimited BB data and switches to an iPhone (or vice versa), would VZW see that as a switch and push you into the new tiers?
    07-08-11 08:37 AM
    Incorrect. Although I applaud your concern you should check the facts. First, he already has both lines with smartphones. Second, as long as you have a smartphone with the 29.99 pack, you are fine. Third, Verizon will let you keep your existing unlimited plan as long as you keep any smartphone, 3g or 4g, on your line. Now if you take the plan off, you're screwed. But the 2GB for $20 isn't a bad deal.
    Speaking of checking facts...me thinks you should take a closer gander at the data pricing before you start spewing the wrong prices to people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 12:53 PM
    Speaking of checking facts...me thinks you should take a closer gander at the data pricing before you start spewing the wrong prices to people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup. Fail. Post edited.
    07-08-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD