I currently have an old grandfathered in plan called the "America's Choice II Family Share Plan". I recently upgraded a few phones on the account and the rep told me I should consider upgrading to the new select plan. My question is, is there any advantage to holding on to this old grandfathered in plan or should I make the switch?
    07-23-09 12:11 PM
    Depends I would ask a rep instore to see what the difference would be. Like unlimited txt messages and such the prices have gone up. And I know that on the old broadband cards they used to be unlimited data for 59.99 now they are 59.99 for 5gig... So unless you can look at your plan you have now and what the upgrade would be I would wait.
    07-23-09 12:26 PM
    If your current plan is working, its probably best to stick with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:27 PM
    The main reason I ask is we have texting plans on individual lines rather than one main text messaging plan like what comes with the Family Select Plan. In order to add a universal texting plan we would have to change our plans. Also, I believe they mentioned a difference in roaming costs which I'm unclear of how that affects us.
    07-23-09 02:32 PM
    The main reason I ask is we have texting plans on individual lines rather than one main text messaging plan like what comes with the Family Select Plan. In order to add a universal texting plan we would have to change our plans. Also, I believe they mentioned a difference in roaming costs which I'm unclear of how that affects us.
    You can skip the Select Plan and add texting as needed to each individual line, even on a Family Share. I have the Nationwide Basic Family Share with 700 minutes for 3 lines, only one line does texting. So I added it to that line only. That's not different.

Not sure how the roaming will affect you. I'd assume you'll get at least the same coverage under the new plan -- maybe more -- but that's a general assumption based on nothing other than gut.

How much are you paying now? Have you tried to build a similar plan online to see what the cost difference is?
    07-23-09 02:45 PM
    how many lines do texting? do you have a business discount? These are things to consider. Not manay phones work with the old plan, so most likely you are going to have to switch to a nationwide plan. I think there are only 2 phones that work with the grandfathered plans.

if you have 3 lines and your all texting then i would just do select its cheaper.
    07-23-09 02:51 PM
    The cost difference is about the same except with the Select we would all get unlimited texting vs. paying for a specific number per line. The problem is I'm having a hard time getting info on the specific differences between the two plans and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any features I would be losing by going to the new plan. Thank you all for your help. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
    07-23-09 03:44 PM
    The cost difference is about the same except with the Select we would all get unlimited texting vs. paying for a specific number per line. The problem is I'm having a hard time getting info on the specific differences between the two plans and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any features I would be losing by going to the new plan. Thank you all for your help. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
    My guess is that the coverage has changed since they changed from America's Choice plans to Nationwide plans. There's probably differences in overage charges. I can only see what the new overage charges are, and that's available on the vzw website.

I'm not sure about the change in roaming charges that you referenced before. If you look up the current Nationwide calling plan information, it says "No domestic roaming charges" ... which I thought was the same with America's Choice.

I'm betting there's very little difference between your current plan and the new ones. If I were you, I'd go based on cost.
    07-23-09 04:05 PM
    The one and only difference is data billing on dumbphones. Other than that, the plan features are identical.
    07-23-09 04:19 PM
    Quick question....do you have the America's Choice Loyalty Plan? I have the ACII Loyalty Plan for $50 (550 mins), with $10 for each extra line.

VZW has called me a number of times to convince me to switch (I'm currently out of contract, month to month). For various reasons I opted to stay with ACII. They eventually shared with me that a Nationwide Loyalty plan exists....same price and minutes. I raise this to you because if you're a ACII Loyalty customer, see if they can offer benefits under the same type of Nationwide Loyalty plan.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 07-23-09 at 04:46 PM.
    07-23-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD