I currently have a family plan, and lets just say things are not working out with the other people on the plan (not paying bill) I want to stay with verizon, and I want an upgrade, would it be easier to just cancel my current contract, and then re-sign up with verizon and start a new account? Sorry if this is completely stupid, just lookin for some feedback.
    11-23-09 01:59 AM
    If you are the primary...the other lines can be canceled, but I think there would be ETF's on each line. I know others will chime in. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 06:58 AM
    You can have the accounts separated WITHOUT incurring ETFs as long as everyone maintains an account for their contract terms. You will need the approval of the primary, and he/she will have to call or go to the store with you. The people getting accounts in their name will need to pass a credit check and possibly pay a deposit, if their credit is not good.
    11-23-09 10:03 AM
    If they won't do the AOL, just cancel them before they incur more charges.

11-23-09 10:42 AM
    I know its too late for this advice, but MAYBE someone else will pay heed...

Never EVER initiate a FAMILY plan unless the answers to the following questions are an emphatic YES. Not maybe, not possibly, not probably, but YES.

1) Are the people getting phones FAMILY?

2) Are you willing and able to pay 100% of all charges for service & devices & possibly ETFs?

Now, don't go into a family plan that someone else is responsible for unless the answers to the following are YES. Again, not maybe, not possibly, not probably, but YES.

1) Are the people on the account FAMILY?

2) Are you someone who is willing and able to pay all of your charges BEFORE the due date each month?

3) Are you okay with someone else being in charge of the account?

4) Are you willing & able to initiate your own service, under a new phone number with a new device, at any time, with possibly very little notice?

5) You realize that on someone else's whim or lack of financial resonsibility, you may be without phone service for extended periods of time & may lose functionality of a device you may have paid for.

11-23-09 11:57 AM
    I know its too late for this advice, but MAYBE someone else will pay heed...

Never EVER initiate a FAMILY plan unless the answers to the following questions are an emphatic YES. Not maybe, not possibly, not probably, but YES.

1) Are the people getting phones FAMILY?

2) Are you willing and able to pay 100% of all charges for service & devices & possibly ETFs?

Now, don't go into a family plan that someone else is responsible for unless the answers to the following are YES. Again, not maybe, not possibly, not probably, but YES.

1) Are the people on the account FAMILY?

2) Are you someone who is willing and able to pay all of your charges BEFORE the due date each month?

3) Are you okay with someone else being in charge of the account?

4) Are you willing & able to initiate your own service, under a new phone number with a new device, at any time, with possibly very little notice?

5) You realize that on someone else's whim or lack of financial resonsibility, you may be without phone service for extended periods of time & may lose functionality of a device you may have paid for.

Sound advice from "the man".
    11-23-09 03:50 PM
    I could never have my account controlled by someone else. I must have the power.
    11-23-09 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD