hello...i JUST got my blackberry curve (pink hehe) on tuesday and i've been sooo confused about the whole plan thing... i only got it because i have the new-every-two year discount program thing for verizon (so it was free!) and i'm loving it so far but i am sooo confused about the plan/data usage/price!

basically i have the 700 min family select plan (the website says this includes unlimited text and instant msg, etc etc) + the regular $29.99 (i think?) blackberry internet plan. its just the basic one, i believe.

so a few questions... (i know these q's may be extremely idotic or maybe answered already on previous topics but i scrolled through several and can't find specific answers... and i'm severely technology-challenged...)

1) my plan states that it's $1.99 charge for 1MB of data transfer so does this "data transfer" include my e-mails being "pushed" to my device? even if i don't reply to those e-mails or send any out from my blackberry?

2) does this data transfer fee also apply to using the facebook application that comes with blackberry? like for example, if someone pokes me or leaves a comment does each notification i get through this application use data? and if i use this application to comment back or update status?

3) i have the unlimited text and instant msg plan so the data transfer fee won't apply to being signed on the aim client that comes with the device right? like if i'm signed on all day, etc. (and this also applies to BBM, right?)

4) should i purchase one of those v-cast plans (i heard it comes with unlimited web browsing usage and stuff) would it bring my monthly bill down a bit? i use facebook a LOT...
    08-15-08 12:56 AM
    If you have the $29.99 Email and Web for BlackBerry plan then you should not get be getting charged per MB. Facebook, Web, WB, and BBM are examples of apps that use the data portion and fall within the 29.99 plan.

I'm assuming that you are using Verizon's messaging client, which uses text messaging so if you have the unlimited plan you'll be okay.

Also, you cannot purchase a V-Cast plan as it is not supported on the BlackBerry and you wouldn't need one since you've got the Web and Email plan.
    08-15-08 01:37 AM
    The best thing for you to do is call Verizon CS and tell them what you want for your Berry. I have 900 anytime minutes, unlimited email and web, and unlimited texting. After my job discounts my bill comes to $108.00 dollars per month. Just make sure to let them know that you want UNLIMITED packaging for your email, web browsing and text. They will give you your price and everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 01:40 AM
    hello...i JUST got my blackberry curve (pink hehe) on tuesday and i've been sooo confused about the whole plan thing... i only got it because i have the new-every-two year discount program thing for verizon (so it was free!) and i'm loving it so far but i am sooo confused about the plan/data usage/price!

basically i have the 700 min family select plan (the website says this includes unlimited text and instant msg, etc etc) + the regular $29.99 (i think?) blackberry internet plan. its just the basic one, i believe.

so a few questions... (i know these q's may be extremely idotic or maybe answered already on previous topics but i scrolled through several and can't find specific answers... and i'm severely technology-challenged...)

1) my plan states that it's $1.99 charge for 1MB of data transfer so does this "data transfer" include my e-mails being "pushed" to my device? even if i don't reply to those e-mails or send any out from my blackberry?

2) does this data transfer fee also apply to using the facebook application that comes with blackberry? like for example, if someone pokes me or leaves a comment does each notification i get through this application use data? and if i use this application to comment back or update status?

3) i have the unlimited text and instant msg plan so the data transfer fee won't apply to being signed on the aim client that comes with the device right? like if i'm signed on all day, etc. (and this also applies to BBM, right?)

4) should i purchase one of those v-cast plans (i heard it comes with unlimited web browsing usage and stuff) would it bring my monthly bill down a bit? i use facebook a LOT...
    1. that 1.99/mb is not for your blackberry, pay no attention to it.

2. no

3. no

4. vcast doesnt work on blackberries
    08-15-08 01:55 AM
    If they didn't put you on the correct $29.99 Blackberry add-on plan it is not unlimited. Sometimes (well, all the time) the ***** reps put you on the 20MB a month $29.99 plan because they don't for some stupid reason make the BIS $29.99 plan easy to find in their system. There are basically 3 plans, one that is $4x.99 for BES, one for $29.99 for BIS, and another $29.99 for limited (20MB a month) BES/BIS. Make sure you're on the right one.
    08-15-08 08:55 AM
    If you want unlimited texting make sure you have the nationwide select plan. If you are paying $29.99 for internet and email, and have the plan I just said (same plan as me) then you have unlimited data/texting and won't get any extra charges.

The limited data plan is 10MB a month for $24.99 a month.

Your best bet is to cal 611 from your BB and talk to CSR. Make sure you tell them you want the BIS BB plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 09:34 AM
    Ignore the 1mb data charge, if you are on the BIS then you wont be charged. You can use the apps basically at free will, including Facebook.

Check your account, the unlimited texting that is included in your plan is IN texting to anyone on VZW(I believe)~the real unlimited plan, as in to anyone on any carrier is $30 a month if I remember correctly. I would call and find out if this is what your plan entails or if you have unlimited texting to everyone. I found this out a month AFTER we changed our plan.
    08-15-08 09:38 AM
    Goldfishylee....I work for VZW based on the plan you have you will be covered and should not receive any data charges on your number. The $1.99 MB charges will be for the second number on your account if you do not have VCAST or another BB plan on that line.

Feel free to send me an email and I can check your plan.

Eric.Matuzsan@VerizonWireless.com
    08-16-08 07:38 AM
    thanks a bunch... yeah i asked like 3 different reps (one of them in those online chat help things) and finally the third one gave me the same answer as you guys how it's unlimited for my line...wow that was like so confusing. how come each rep said different things -__- i was pretty clear about my questions...sigh
    08-26-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD