Hello,
    I recently just found an article posted from AT&T, while I was reading it I became extremely confused. Now please correct me if I am mistaken because I am sure that I am because of the fact that I'm not exactly positive what this article was saying :hehehe: but, I live in South Dakota, and when I read this article to me what it said was : AT&T will be buying out verizon in multiple areas (south dakota being one that is included), and within a few months, or a year verizon will change from CDMA to GSM and customers who have verizon in South Dakota will have AT&T's GSM service and will be able to obtain an iPhone?

Is any of this correct? please help me as I am extraordinarily confused!

thanks so much for your help!

AT&T News Room
    05-09-09 07:25 PM
    Hello,
    I recently just found an article posted from AT&T, while I was reading it I became extremely confused. Now please correct me if I am mistaken because I am sure that I am because of the fact that I'm not exactly positive what this article was saying :hehehe: but, I live in South Dakota, and when I read this article to me what it said was : AT&T will be buying out verizon in multiple areas (south dakota being one that is included), and within a few months, or a year verizon will change from CDMA to GSM and customers who have verizon in South Dakota will have AT&T's GSM service and will be able to obtain an iPhone?

Is any of this correct? please help me as I am extraordinarily confused!

thanks so much for your help!

AT&T News Room
    Oh yea they are, it has something to do with them buying out alltel and everything not 2 sure about it all though but i heard about it on the news the other day
    05-09-09 08:03 PM
    ATT bought some assest from Verizon that verizon was told they had to sell when they bought Alltell. Now that being said now that ATT bought those they also i think got 2.5 million customers or something like that, if your one of those customers who is in the area sold by verizon to att then yes you should get a letter confirming that no longer with alltell and are part of the att family hence youll be able to buy an iphone.
    05-09-09 08:22 PM
    Att bought rights to operate in an area that is currently owned by AllTel and Verizon. Since Verizon bought AllTel there has to be a sale so that Verizon isn't the only option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 08:28 PM
    Ok,
    so I have verizon in south dakota, and eventually I will have AT&T instead?

this is correct?

and what about 3G, didn't it say in that article the areas that would now be AT&T will have 3G? I mean I have verizon in south dakota now and we have 1XEV.
    05-09-09 08:37 PM
    From what I understand. If you have VZW you will not be sold off. once again, areas going to ATT are Altell areas and VZW also has coverage there as well.
    05-09-09 09:07 PM
    Um. You will have the option to go to VzW if I remember correctly because VzW sold those areas because Alltell and VzW service overlapped (hence creating competition) I think if you're alltell you would default to AT&T but you could always port out of AT&T and come to Verizon Wireless.
    05-09-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD