• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    Received an email from Verizon that they are giving me an additional GB per month for free moving forward as an adjustment due to their new pricing. I replied, "How about 10.2.1 for the Q10 and Z30 instead?". Customer Service actually called me! They asked first if I was happy with the extra GB and to explain my issue with 10.2.1, but can't say I totally believe the answer, but then again...they called me.

I was told that Verizon never officially released their "roadmap", that was BlackBerry and other sources. However, the original plan was the release dates. They said the only further info they have is tech support has 10.2.1 training obviously since Z10 has release. They wouldn't confirm a specific date but said it will push by the 21st for Q10 and Z30.

Who knows...the free extra GB is definitely cool though and the fact they called me could be a good sign...

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-14-14 09:39 PM
    What kind of plan are you on that they offered an extra gb? And were you close to capping in recent months?

Might have to try and get myself an extra gb. Nice to hear about pushing for the 21st as that's my birthday and would be a fairly nice present.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:34 PM
    What kind of plan are you on that they offered an extra gb? And were you close to capping in recent months?

Might have to try and get myself an extra gb. Nice to hear about pushing for the 21st as that's my birthday and would be a fairly nice present.

Posted via CB10
    First off my company is one of 5 biggest pharma in the country. We have about 15,000 iPads and 25,000 mixture of mostly BlackBerry but some iPhones in pilot phases (not me, thankful got to keep BlackBerry Q10). The discount was not for that line, however we do get ridiculous personal offers on Verizon products for personal use, so the offer was for my separate Z30.

Currently, I was paying $100 for the $40 unlimited talk and text and $60 for 4GB cause we get double data for free (I think it's usually 2GB for $60). So now I'm getting:

5GB of data for $60
    It might not be best available, but it's best offer I've seen except I think they offered 8GB for $50 for switch to first time Verizon users for a bit.

I only use about 3GB. So I don't really need it, but it was more the point that counted.

Happy Birthday. I've found just asking for the match over the phone works a lot. Just say hey, i heard a couple buddies mention an email about getting and additional free GB, do I get the same offer?

02-15-14 05:19 AM
    Extra gb is supposed to be for those on the share everything plans. There is also a 10$ per line discount for something or other. I can't remember now. It was all explained in the email. Verizons reaction to AT&T new pricing or some such.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    02-15-14 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I think I will call and ask about it later today, I'm currently on the share everything 6gig and while I rarely cap it, it would be nice not to worry about it as much.

EDIT: Just checked my spam folder and it seems like I got an email but it did not offer me an extra GB, it talked about extra cloud storage, international msging. At the bottom it did throw in an offer saying:

"And now for a limited time, MORE upgrades!
    Through March 31, wed like to offer you the chance to use Verizon Edge to add a line or upgrade any phone* on your account, regardless of current upgrade eligibility. In addition to a great new phone, youll also get a $10 monthly credit for each smartphone on your More Everything plan under this program."

Not exactly sure if that $10/month off is only if i take advantage of Edging one of my phones or not. Can't see me giving up my Q10 but I have a month to decide I suppose.

EDIT x2: just got done talking to a rep online, turns out the 10/month off is only if you take the EDGE. While no other good news really came from the chat he actually acted human and chatted about our dislike for Iphones (which seems uncommon when talking to a rep) he also disliked Samsung's.
    I'm hoping management doesn't read our convo and can the dude for doing the opposite of what it seems like is the verizon norm.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by keegh; 02-15-14 at 02:06 PM.
    02-15-14 12:02 PM
    I got the free GB also. I'm new to Verizon and only have 1 line, so I was very surprised and happy . What a surprise as I did almost cap out and started using my home WiFi more. Good job Verizon!!!
    02-15-14 09:25 PM
    I got the free GB also. I'm new to Verizon and only have 1 line, so I was very surprised and happy . What a surprise as I did almost cap out and started using my home WiFi more. Good job Verizon!!!
    How many gigs did you have prior? From reading and talking to the rep I think people with 4gb and under got the free bump, anything over got the shaft with that benefit.

Diid your email offer mention the extra cloud storage and free EDGE no matter your current contract?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:34 PM
    How many gigs did you have prior? From reading and talking to the rep I think people with 4gb and under got the free bump, anything over got the shaft with that benefit.

Diid your email offer mention the extra cloud storage and free EDGE no matter your current contract?

Posted via CB10
    Just got a new corporate offer, see below
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 02-23-14 at 12:48 AM.
    02-16-14 07:45 AM
    I was on the 2 Gb plan for $60. The email did mention extra cloud storage and free edge. Pleasant surprise for me.
    02-17-14 08:53 AM
    Received an email from Verizon that they are giving me an additional GB per month for free moving forward as an adjustment due to their new pricing. I replied, "How about 10.2.1 for the Q10 and Z30 instead?". Customer Service actually called me! They asked first if I was happy with the extra GB and to explain my issue with 10.2.1, but can't say I totally believe the answer, but then again...they called me.

I was told that Verizon never officially released their "roadmap", that was BlackBerry and other sources. However, the original plan was the release dates. They said the only further info they have is tech support has 10.2.1 training obviously since Z10 has release. They wouldn't confirm a specific date but said it will push by the 21st for Q10 and Z30.

Who knows...the free extra GB is definitely cool though and the fact they called me could be a good sign...

But their pricing is way off from AT&T's new pricing. Verizon needs to match their pricing or there will be quite a few people migrating over for the savings. I just purchased an AT&T flip phone at work and it gets better reception than my Z10.
    I understand verizon has a better network but it's not that good compared to the money you save.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:47 AM
    But their pricing is way off from AT&T's new pricing. Verizon needs to match their pricing or there will be quite a few people migrating over for the savings. I just purchased an AT&T flip phone at work and it gets better reception than my Z10.
    I understand verizon has a better network but it's not that good compared to the money you save.

Posted via CB10
    I get no AT&T service in my house. Also, my company has about 15,000 phones and 20,000 iPads with Verizon so we also get a pretty ridiculous discount on personal devices and and plans. We get 40% off minutes/text plans, 50% off data, and 30% off accessories and can get new devices at discounted price anytime.

I pay $55.00 for:
    Unlimited talk/text including international text
    4GB of data plus they just gave me 1 more free GB

So I doubt AT&T can beat unlimited talk/text with 5GB of data for $55.00 but it's a corporate discount so maybe AT&T generally has cheaper plans but not for me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-23-14 12:46 AM