Anyone know if/when Verizon plans to extend service out into OK.? They were available back when I lived in IL. but out here in OK. they have no dealers and if you try to do it on-line they say they're not in this market even though their coverage maps show it would work. I would like to help Verizon meet their quote of Storm sale's but think I may have to go with a Bold instead.
    09-17-08 05:18 PM
    what is your zip code?

they may have roaming agreements in that area if there is no native VZW towers.

you may be able to get a an out of market number and use your phone where you are.

have you looked into that?

if you don't mind having a different aera code. i have had an out of state number for 6 years and almost everyone i know has a cell so it makes no difference for me.
    09-17-08 05:22 PM
    There wil roaming agreements in OK. If the certain merger goes though as expexted, VZW service there will imporve 100 fold to what is now. This will also include a huge bulk of the middle of the USA
    09-17-08 06:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait and see how go the Storm is and if I want it bad enough take a trip back home and get it under my dad's address.
    09-17-08 06:41 PM
    Were I live is extended net. Als I did was order it online put in your dads zip and your billing address and they will ship it to you and bill to your house

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait and see how go the Storm is and if I want it bad enough take a trip back home and get it under my dad's address.
    Make sure you activate and program the phone in VZW netowrk area. Cannot do in an extended network.
    09-20-08 01:03 PM
    I did not have to activete in vzw network when you receive your phone call vzw and they turn it on, I had a razr and that I had to active it the network but with the bb I did not

09-21-08 07:26 AM
    I did not have to activete in vzw network when you receive your phone call vzw and they turn it on, I had a razr and that I had to active it the network but with the bb I did not

To do it right you have be in the network coverage area. It can be manually programed, but it may not work right until you update the phone with proper tower info
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-23-08 at 10:55 PM.
    09-21-08 08:16 AM
    they have verizon in Alaska and Hawaii, I can't believe they don't have it in Oklahoma?
    09-23-08 10:52 PM
    they have verizon in Alaska and Hawaii, I can't believe they don't have it in Oklahoma?
    They have it SW of here in the Lawton area and E in the Tulsa area. I thought it was kind of odd too so I was mainly calling just to see if they had any plans to continue expanding in OK. It way be a B.S. answer that the care reps just tell people but she claimed that the FCC wouldn't let them expand to a higher percentage of the country at this time but if they would let them they surly would in a heart beat. That's when we went over my options and that I could use it in this area but would have to drive to a store and get it activated there.
    09-23-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD