Good morning everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this...

My Storm 2 has been rebooting a few times a day on it's own. I contacted Verizon and they said they would send me a replacement for free under the Extended Warranty. At the end of the call she said I would be charged the full retail value of the phone if they discover any damage or if it has got wet.

I'm scared because the phone has a small dent on the top. Has anyone ever returned a phone like this? The dent has been there for months, so I know it's not related. I just don't want to get charged $600... I'd rather pay the $80 and submit the claim through Asurion.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!
    02-07-10 09:23 AM
    My co-worker sent his phone in under warranty, and the paint was runned off on the sides, the back and he had a small chip on the screen and he returned it no problems. It is always iffy, some damage can just be considered cosmetic. A cracked screen would just be 50.00, water and major physical damage would be full retail. If its rebooting though, have they tried reloading the OS? Sounds like a software issue and it can be fixed instead of replaced.
    02-07-10 09:53 AM
    I agree. Granted I am on sprint but my curve I use the belt clip so needles to say ALOT of paint it missing from sliding it in and out of the clip.
    My phone has been rebooting whenever I used a regular battery. If I used my seidio ext battery then I would be fine. I brought it to a sprint store and he wiped and reinstalled the os and this thing is like brand new

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 09:58 AM
    I did try a complete wipe and reinstall... No luck

Hopefully it all waorks out... haha
    02-07-10 02:48 PM
    A cracked screen would just be 50.00, water and major physical damage would be full retail.
    Actually, you *could* get one-year pricing in such a situation, especially if you didn't have another phone to use.
    02-07-10 02:53 PM
    One-year pricing would end up being more then using Asurion. I would like the same phone (the Storm 2), and an Asurion claim would only be $80.
    02-07-10 02:57 PM
    More than Asurion, less than Full Retail though...
    02-07-10 03:02 PM
    Never really saw anyone get penalized

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 09:31 PM
    I don't think it's anything to worry about.
    02-09-10 08:08 AM
    Actually, you *could* get one-year pricing in such a situation, especially if you didn't have another phone to use.
    Polychrome,

The Lost/Stolen/Damaged policy is an option if there is no insurance on the line. So the OP wouldn't be able to use that as an option. Just FYI
    00smurf
    02-09-10 08:49 AM
    Let us know how you made out!
    02-09-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD