Hey everyone! =)

First post on here! Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.

I was with Verizon a long time ago (around 2002), and back in the day you could call customer service and they could extend the time your phone rings before it would go to voice mail. Well anyways I have come back to Verizon and am wondering if that is still possible. I did call customer service, but they said that they could change the setting, but it would revert back to the old setting. That explanation didn't sound right to me. So that's why I am asking you guys. Does anyone here know anything about this? Thanks for your time! =)

-Bob
    04-24-09 04:32 PM
    Not sure if they make a change why it would revert back to the default setting...

I'd call again and ask a different rep.
    04-24-09 04:42 PM
    That was my reaction too. Seems kinda weird you can change something only for it to revert. The rep. also did sound confused when she was explaining it. So I am not sure.
    04-24-09 04:46 PM
    VZW tech use to be able to change this setting. We can no longer do this. Not sure of why we cannot, but I know we cannot. There is one of the switches that we can still modify, but it will reset back to default. Sorry, but you will need to answer your phone with default. this is about 20 seconds.
    04-24-09 04:48 PM
    I can't speak for Verizon, but on Telus you dial *94x where x is the number of rings you want. let me know if this works for verizon phones too, as I'm curious. by the way, the # of rings is on the caller's end.
    04-24-09 04:56 PM
    It does not work on VZW phones
    04-24-09 05:06 PM
    That must be why we pay twice as much - customization!
    04-24-09 05:12 PM
    Could be . From what I understand from inquiries about this in the past, the messes with the folks that house Voicemail for VZW customers. Then again I hae heard very strange stories from the VZW network folks over the past 3 years.
    04-24-09 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply! Sounds similar to what the rep. told me but wanted to get a second opinion as this seemed kinda odd. Thanks again!

-Bob

VZW tech use to be able to change this setting. We can no longer do this. Not sure of why we cannot, but I know we cannot. There is one of the switches that we can still modify, but it will reset back to default. Sorry, but you will need to answer your phone with default. this is about 20 seconds.
    04-24-09 05:15 PM
    Yea, it can be done but after a couple days it reverts back for some reason. We actually just had this same thing come into my store. One of the managers here came from tech support and he explained it to us.
    04-25-09 10:50 AM
    On VZW, that is a network test number. If your device isn't registered, you will see a $25 charge on your bill for each time it is dialed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If your device isn't registered, how do they know who to bill?
    04-27-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD