So a co-worker and I both bought our storms in the month of December. She was on her 3rd and I'm currently on my 4th. I've tried to enjoy the phone but one thing after another continues to go wrong. My Co-worker gets fed up, calls verizon and and they ship her out a Tour free of charge. I call verizon and I am told I can either get another storm, pay full retail price, or swith to a new carrier. Is it just me or is verizon full of ***** these days?
    08-07-09 06:38 PM
    So a co-worker and I both bought our storms in the month of December. She was on her 3rd and I'm currently on my 4th. I've tried to enjoy the phone but one thing after another continues to go wrong. My Co-worker gets fed up, calls verizon and and they ship her out a Tour free of charge. I call verizon and I am told I can either get another storm, pay full retail price, or swith to a new carrier. Is it just me or is verizon full of **** these days?
    Get her to call for you. Its obvious she's more popular, and people like her better
    08-07-09 06:44 PM
    They have never offered me anything different than the storm. Lucky number 13
    08-07-09 07:14 PM
    The frame of time in which they were replaced determines the eligibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

There is a time frame?
    08-07-09 07:18 PM
    Actually this is funny to me. I was on my 4th and they offered it to me. Did u try being nice or did u just demand a new phone. Let them do most of the talking lol and no matter what they say its still broke

08-07-09 07:36 PM
    Actually this is funny to me. I was on my 4th and they offered it to me. Did u try being nice or did u just demand a new phone. Let them do most of the talking lol and no matter what they say its still broke

Ladies and gentlemen, I am going to almost declare a winner here because I am not ruling out the possibility of a rep who is clueless.

there is a time frame for "multi-clnr" replacement devices.
    08-07-09 09:57 PM
    So a co-worker and I both bought our storms in the month of December. She was on her 3rd and I'm currently on my 4th. I've tried to enjoy the phone but one thing after another continues to go wrong. My Co-worker gets fed up, calls verizon and and they ship her out a Tour free of charge. I call verizon and I am told I can either get another storm, pay full retail price, or swith to a new carrier. Is it just me or is verizon full of **** these days?
    Sounds like you got the shortest straw.
    08-08-09 12:01 AM

Oh I was as nice as could be... I even let them walk me though 45 mins of trouble shooting in store even though I had previously just spent an hour on the phone with a rep "trouble shooting" just a few hours prior. I'm going on 3 days with this storm and its been decent so far, so we will see how it turns out.
    08-08-09 08:09 AM
    They have never offered me anything different than the storm. Lucky number 13
    If you are seriously on your 13th storm, you need consider going to a dumbphone, because you obviously can't figure the smart one out

08-08-09 11:08 AM
    If you are seriously on your 13th storm, you need consider going to a dumbphone, because you obviously can't figure the smart one out

Ouch... that hurts... I will readily admit that MOST issues are user error ect. but lets not assume. I find it hard to believe that I would get the hundreds of calls regarding the storm and they are ALL below the smart phone iq level. maybe half definately need to downgrade seriously but not everyone.
    Although I must admit the Storm IS a learning curve of its own.
    IMHO
    08-08-09 11:17 AM
    To the OP I too would lean to the time frame in which you had your Storm replaced.

And fully agree with heather.law. The Storm is a learning curve, however, the marketing VZW did made it a device that everyone wanted. It's not for everyone! It makes me sick to see a Storm or any BB for that matter come in with no email set up and default settings. It's a phone that begs to be used for everything under the sun pretty much.
    08-08-09 12:51 PM
    To the OP I too would lean to the time frame in which you had your Storm replaced.

And fully agree with heather.law. The Storm is a learning curve, however, the marketing VZW did made it a device that everyone wanted. It's not for everyone! It makes me sick to see a Storm or any BB for that matter come in with no email set up and default settings. It's a phone that begs to be used for everything under the sun pretty much.
    The iPhone illusion & the fact the iPhone is not on VZW is what made it a phone many wanted.

But the idea that so many are not being used properly or fully is real. I see friends & such with a BlackBerry & ask them what their email is, or if they use BBM or do Word docs. More often than not, I get a cross-eyed look - almost deer in the headlights bewilderment.

The iPhone is different - it is so inviting, it almost begs you to use it, while the Storm makes a chore out of just dialing a phone number.

08-08-09 01:08 PM
    The iPhone illusion & the fact the iPhone is not on VZW is what made it a phone many wanted.

But the idea that so many are not being used properly or fully is real. I see friends & such with a BlackBerry & ask them what their email is, or if they use BBM or do Word docs. More often than not, I get a cross-eyed look - almost deer in the headlights bewilderment.

The iPhone is different - it is so inviting, it almost begs you to use it, while the Storm makes a chore out of just dialing a phone number.

100% agree with the iPhone illusion. I love my Storm don't get me wrong...but am iPhone curious. I work for VZW but if ATT had better service in my area I would try the iPhone. If the iPhone ever makes its way CDMA side it will definately replace my Storm... or Odin... or whatever other device I may have.
    08-08-09 02:46 PM
    Ok ok ok......this is the 13th storm between my wife and I. she has s storm too, this is a combined total. im crying in the corner again. And too add, look at my nice xv6700 since 2005, she is still running and running good, picture in profile.
    08-09-09 08:44 PM
    I think its like... If you have to do three warranty exchanges in a 90 day period, you can choose to replace it with a different phone of equal or lesser value... Something like that, I think its been posted numerous times.
    08-10-09 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD