Okay, so I'm wondering if I just screwed myself here. If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

In order to save money, I switched to my family's Family Share plan. $40 a month is MUCH better than $110 a month.

Anywho, I purchased a BB Tour on Sunday (8/16) at BestBuy ($99 v. 299+MIR at VZW store). It was having major issues. Thinking it was my phone, I brought it back. A rep there suggested the Storm. Wow, do I wish I had read the reviews on this thing. I'm having awful problems with the Storm. Major battery problems, the screen keeps freezing, it doesn't like coming out of lock, and all of this AFTER updating to .148.

I know VZW usually only allows you one exchange in 30 days in their stores, but does anyone know if BestBuy will allow me to exchange it back for the Tour? I didn't realize the trackball and lag were issues many others were having (and as such are fixable - hopefully - by an OS update), and should have NEVER taken the BBuy rep's advice.

Basically, if I'm stuck with this Storm, it's getting returned and the contract cancelled, which I really don't want. I've emailed BBMobile Customer Support to no avail, and called, only to be put on hold for an interminably long time.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks.
    08-20-09 11:40 AM
    You can take it back and try... sounds like you already used your Worry Free Guarentee though.
    If this is the case... unfortunately, you are either stuck with the Storm, OR you could purchase the Tour retail; then sell the Storm to compensate. They are about the same price retail.
    I would have begged you to stay with the Tour as the trackball issue CAN be resolved by adjusting the sensitivity levels in options... ( work around mind you ) until sw update resolves. The other HARDWARE issues are part of the phone and the more recent ones shouldnt have the problem... "shouldnt" being the operative word.
    I'm sorry that this happened to you... believe me all the issues that you state you have with the storm is nothing new to most of the data reps here.
    I would first suggest doing an advanced backup and a wipe just to make sure the sw update file isnt still on the phone. Dont worry the OS will stay updated. ( it stays there and can cause lag )
    If this doesnt work; we might have to look into other options.

See this is why I got my curve in March... although that Storm 2 looks awful purty...
    08-20-09 11:47 AM
    this storm unlocking is difficult
    08-20-09 11:48 AM
    heather.law, I believe the Worry Free Guarantee is for devices purchased from Verizon Wireless directly.

I've wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS (I've had other BBerries before, just not on VZW), and still it's ridiculous.

Good news (I hope): BB Mobile emailed me back and said I can take it back to Best Buy and exchange for the Tour. So, I'm sticking with this puppy. Let's hope the store doesn't give me any problems.

Thanks!
    08-20-09 12:49 PM
    I hope all works out well for you. I agree usually 3rd pty retailers such as best buy or walmart have different options... such as... Walmart only gives you 15 days to exchange... ( poo )
    Best Buy may be different. We generally dont do a whole lot of dealing with the third party vendors because... well, I dont know why... we never hear from em. LOL
    Definately stay with the Tour though...

*wants to get her grubby little paws on one herself*
    08-20-09 02:08 PM
    You might want to keep an open mind about the Storm. It's a completely different animal than a typical BB and sometimes takes a few days for the memory to settle down. You couldn't have had the Storm for more than four days, which isn't a huge amount of time to give it a chance.

Also, if you're technically inclined, another suggestion is to hop on over to the Storm OS forum and to try the lyrical hybrid OS. That's what I'm running and the phone is a dream.
    08-20-09 04:56 PM
    I was shocked, but I walked into the Best Buy here in NYC and the Best Buy Mobile Gen. Manager didn't give me ANY issues, even though this was my 2nd exchange. AND he matched the online price.

Actually, it was one of the best cust. service experiences I've ever had at a Best Buy. Whodathunkit?

But yeah, I'm holding onto the Tour...at least until the Storm 2 comes out
    08-21-09 10:36 AM
    One of the many reasons i'm a BB Mobile fan now.

They usually don't give you any problems or question you when returning or exchanging devices.
    08-21-09 11:59 AM
    I would have begged you to stay with the Tour as the trackball issue CAN be resolved by adjusting the sensitivity levels in options... ( work around mind you ) until sw update resolves.
    You mean the sw update that was supposed to be out 30 days after launch? Yeah that's never going to fix the trackball issue. You shouldn't have to adjust the sensitivity level to get something to work. I replaced my Tour DOA because it got worse and worse - this new one is working fine now, but time will tell! So if it was a software issue, then this Tour should do the same since it has the same version. It's all hardware - no denying that!
    08-21-09 12:28 PM
    I hate to say this, but BB Mobile is usually better on customer service than our own stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 08:25 PM
    i think its funny the 8703e is 139 yet the tour is 99... WTF
    08-21-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD