I realize this is probably a dumb question, but let me explain.
    I'm on my third Storm 1. The first one killed itself while I was trying to update it on my Mac - the BBDM sucks on mac. The second one randomly deleted everything on itself every few days. I'm now on my third one and I'm honestly freakin' sick of it. If this one goes to **** in a handbag, what's the likelihood they'd just give me a Droid because of the trouble I've had with BB Storms? I've been a customer of theirs for at least 5 years with very few late payments or anything like that. ****, I even use every single New Every 2 they've given me and more. It's not like I'm an unfaithful customer.
    If they'll do any sort of exchange for a different phone, what would my options be? I really cannot go back to a non-smart phone. Once you go to a smartphone, "regular" phones just don't cut it. Android devices are really coming up in the world and the reviews I've read seems to show they're pretty good. I'm willing to take the chance I guess - plus since Google owns my life (gmail, talk, voice, contacts, calendar, etc) it kind of seems logical to just get the Googlephone.

Thanks guys!
    02-25-10 02:58 PM
    Under your warranty you will get another Storm.
    Being a loyal customer has nothing to do with getting a phone that is not included in your warranty.
    Droid does not = Storm
    02-25-10 03:03 PM
    You asked what the chances were: 0%.

You MIGHT be able to talk a rep into it over the phone, but what you're hoping for, is called multi-fru. It doesn't exist anymore.

You said it yourself, "I've been a customer of theirs for at least 5 years with VERY FEW LATE PAYMENTS..." You need to have NO late payments for them to work with you.

I think you have a 0% chance. Sorry man.

Like Supermario said, "Droid does not = Storm"

So I guess the Droid doesn't do everything...
    02-25-10 04:38 PM

So I guess the Droid doesn't do everything...
    LOL....yeah it doesn't warranty for a Storm. And it can't cook.
    02-25-10 04:44 PM
    Grr. Thats what I figured. I've really had enough of this damn Storm nonsense!
    Thanks though guys and girls! I suppose I'll have to drag on forever with this damn Storm until I come up with the extra dough to get the Googlephone on eBay or something.
    02-25-10 06:05 PM
    You should be getting a letter from VZW between now and the middle of March that concerns a policy change that goes into effect on April 1st that might help your situation.
    02-25-10 08:35 PM
    You should be getting a letter from VZW between now and the middle of March that concerns a policy change that goes into effect on April 1st that might help your situation.
    Would you care to explain slightly more in-depth?
    02-25-10 09:21 PM
    I just got my fith Storm! They offered me a Tour instead **** I prefer a touch screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 09:22 PM
    Storm2................
    02-25-10 09:25 PM
    Storm2................
    Matt Damon....
    02-25-10 09:26 PM
    Matt Damon....
    LOL

what good is a Storm 2 gonna do me? I want a Droid. At least they seem to update their Apps more than once a damn year.
    02-25-10 09:37 PM
    I think Android is over rated. I have a Hero and Eric laying around and I never use them. The Droid does have a beautiful screen.

02-25-10 10:23 PM
    Would you care to explain slightly more in-depth?
    That would be a direct violation of my NDA.
    02-25-10 10:30 PM
    The Storm 2 solves the issues of the original Storm,as well as adding a lot of new features, so you are in fact, getting an upgrade as well as a problem solved. Is the issue here that you want your phone to work? Or is it that you want a new phone for free? If it is the latter, then, that is the reason the Multi Fru was done away with.

02-26-10 11:50 PM
    You want a phone that works...

The Droid has it's share of problems and so does the Storm2.
    02-27-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD