I just got off the phone with Verizon, because my track pad on my bold was acting up. I have never had a bad experience with Verizon, but this by far was the best! The rep that I spoke with was very knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. She said that she heard that the bolds were out of stock right now (most likely because of all of the people that got their tours replaced last week), but she searched all of the warehouses, and finally found one that had a bold in stock. It will be shipped out tomorrow, and she is including a privacy screen, because I just purchased one the other day. I know she has a storm, and is on Crackberry. So I am hoping that she will see this, and know how good of a rep she is. If I do get a return phone call about the survey I said I would take she, and Verizon will get great reviews from me. Most people come on here, and rant about how horrible their customer service was with one carrier, or another, but it is not as common that you read about the good things they do. So thank you again Verizon! I won't say the reps name mostly because I couldn't figure out how to spell it, but if she sees this she will know who she is.
    06-29-10 06:52 PM
    I also want to say that I have had two recent occasions to call CS after making some changes to my monthly BB plan and features. Both times my issue was resolved quickly by very friendly and professional reps. One of the problems was unidentified text messages on my bill, and she suggested a couple of things to try, then said she would call me on Saturday (2 days later) to make sure things were resolved. Her suggestion was spot on and a nagging problem was soon history. As promised, she called on Saturday afternoon to follow up. I am a very satisfied VZW customer!
    06-29-10 07:43 PM
    I have nothing but positive things to say about them. You get what you pay for...the best, IMO. You can contact them regarding customer service feedback. I just did that the other day, the rep noticed I was being charged BES on my Storm2 and saw that I had always had the 29.99 plan before I added a line. Gave me the $15 credit on the spot. At&t should invest more money into their customer service and network.
    06-29-10 08:39 PM
    I agree - everytime I have had to call they have been nothing but polite and helpful. The last time was when my son went over his texting limit. I wasn't asking to have them waive the charge (it wasn't a large amount, anyway) but I wanted to increase his texting allowance. She looked and saw that he was going over again so she changed the date of the increase to the beginning of the month so I wouldn't be charged again. I was very appreciative and told her so. BTW, we now have an unlimited texting plan.

I've had Verizon for many years and have been very satisfied with their customer service. Not only that, but they have the best network, hands down.
    06-30-10 02:32 PM
    Agreed, VZW Customer Service is great, I have no complaints at all...
    06-30-10 02:39 PM
    i just signed up for VZW less then a month ago and the three times ive had them on the phone for number port and other things and it was was better then calling sprint and i definetly know about CS since thats where i work and VZW is top notch
    06-30-10 07:20 PM
    They are truly great when it comes to CS. We have Vzw for years and they have always come through for our company when we needed them. Can't say Same for our att account. We maybe pay a little more, but it is worth it for us on our Vzw account!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 10:22 PM
    No complaints at all regarding the few times I've needed to call Customer Service. The last time I called, it was because I'd gotten a new computer and my BB Desktop Manager no longer worked properly. I knew I'd be getting a new BB within the next couple months via New Every 2, so I really needed my Desktop Manager to work correctly, so I could transfer my contacts etc to the new BB. The woman I spoke to immediately knew what to do once I mentioned that I'd gotten a new computer that had Windows 7. She was very friendly, and even emailed me the files to download the proper version of Desktop Manager that I needed. She went as far as to ask me to call her back or email her once I got the new Desktop Manager set up; she wanted to make sure my issues were resolved.

Another time, my bf's Pearl 8130 was sketching out, and I really felt like it was about to die completely. Lucky for me, I'd gone ahead and backed up his contacts in case the inevitable did occur. The CS rep asked me to check the phone to make sure if it was on the newest OS available, and if not upgrade to that OS. He hadn't yet upgraded to the newest OS, so I attempted to do that through my computer...and the phone did indeed crash completely. The rep was very nice, and said she'd go ahead and get a new Pearl 8130 sent right out. That was a very smooth process as well; I had the new phone in 1 day and didn't have to do anything more than send the dead one back to VZW, no questions asked.

I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience with Customer Service. Every rep I've ever spoken with has been very friendly, and seems more than willing to go above and beyond to help a customer.
    Last edited by stang.girl; 07-01-10 at 02:43 PM.
    07-01-10 02:40 PM
    I have always had great Verizon Customer Service. We have to have two plans because we have six people in our family. Its outrageous but worth it. They have replaced several phones for us when they have malfunctioned. Also, my 18 year old son just accidentally dropped his storm 2 causing the screen to crack. Since he has never had a phone replaced before they sent him a Fru!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 03:16 PM
    VZW CS was outstanding 2 weeks ago when I needed to have my Tour replaced under the warranty. Not only did I get a brand new Bold, but the Rep apologized for my inconvenience and upgraded the shipping of my new device free so that I could get back to using my BB as quickly as possible.
    07-01-10 03:26 PM
    VZW CS was outstanding 2 weeks ago when I needed to have my Tour replaced under the warranty. Not only did I get a brand new Bold, but the Rep apologized for my inconvenience and upgraded the shipping of my new device free so that I could get back to using my BB as quickly as possible.
    yea mine did that too, free over nite, but it was on a friday so it came tues like it would have with 2 day lol. o well. but vzw is the best cs and they are the best to stand behind their products and devices. no other cell comp have i seen do the job vz has done with their cs/device warranty support/all around job of serving the people who use them.
    07-02-10 01:14 AM
    if only the full retail price of phones wasn't so expensive ....
    07-13-10 08:49 PM
    i think verizon's customer service/tech support/financial services teams are the best out there and will bend over backwards to help their customers out. i always have at least a 9/10 star service from them when i call and explain my issues. i've read how people have had crappy CS service and i used to work for CS and i'll say with my experience, if you call in with a huge chip on your shoulder, guess what they will go out of their way to not be as great of a help as they're capable of giving..i know cause i did exactly that. but if you call in with empathy or even just being downright nice you'll have the best CS you can ever recieve. i call when i have issues whether it's with billing or tech issues i'm nice and they in return are nice and will go out of their way to make me happier than when the call first started.

i used to be with sprint for 10+ years and i left because of how they treated me as a customer and holding being late on a bill 9 years ago as to why they couldn't approve me for another line..went to verizon that same day and got approved for 25 lines and i only use 5 lol.
    07-14-10 09:11 AM
    Verizon Customer Service over the phone is great! In the stores is where the problems are!
    07-14-10 09:15 AM
    I have never had a problem with VZW phone customer service. Before I had a BB, I had to have 3 enV's replaced. Then they replaced it with a Tour for free. Then my Tour had problems and they replaced it with a Bold. They are great.
    07-14-10 09:53 AM
    Care on the phone is iffy. i have had verizon since they were bell atlantic mobile in the NY region. some call centers are better than others. the call centers in the carolinas suck, the one in tampa fl is pretty bad too. the one in orangburg ny is good, but they are usually rude but i rather have rude than stupid.

i have noticed the past 3 times i have called them i didnt have to yell or call them out for being dumb.

usually i call and say (example) i have a problem with my phone, and they come back and say ok lets look at your bill and see what you were overcharged.

umm..i have A DEVICE PROBLEM NOT A BILL ISSUE! morons. that seemed to be a majority of my calls.

nothing is bad as calling a company thats in india or the philippines. i wont even give them a chance to help me as i know its gonna be a nightmare and make the hoodrat reps at verizon sound like supergeeks.

maybe all the past 8 years of constantly yelling at people at verizon finally paid off.

the worst experience i had, 19 phone calls for one issue in 4 hours time, and a trip to the store. i literally went thru 6 reps in 15 minutes once because i swear all i got were the ebonic speakers.
    the 19th call i put in a ny cellphone number to route my call differently, and i got a rep from a call center in the north east or mid west, (dont remember) and my issue was solved within minutes. all the southern call centers i got the past 18 calls were ******** cockroaches.

id say out of 100 experiences or calls, 70 of them were bad in some way. 25 of those 70 resulted in screaming at stupid people. the other remaining 30 good calls were with supervisors mostly.

the stores on the other hand, understanding they make commissions, but still you have a job and obligation to the company. i try my damnedest to not go into a store to avoid the pompus attitudes of cellphone salesmen and the female sales reps that kiss the companys rear end.

verizon is red for a reason...communism!
    07-14-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD